What is DJI “official” position?
3896 95 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-5 04:18
"Reality is if they put up a sticky and said it would be coming soon, we would have much more threads asking and demanding when"

...and quite rightly so, DJI deserve as much grief and hassle as people are willing to give.

He is a masked employee of Dji, he is paid to comment, to make misinformation, all the frequenters of this forum know him
2018-1-5
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-5 04:55
So what is it that makes you so special that you think you can tell others here on an open forum not to comment?
My comments were in reply to a comment made to me by somebody else, the fact that you can comment freely but have almost nothing to offer but naysaying and the same diatribe in every post , while telling others who don’t agree with you are somehow not allowed their views or comments.

Yawn.

So, if  you don't experience this issue yourself AND you don't know when it will be fixed, OR if indeed it will ever be fixed, AND you can't offer a permanent fix yourself....why on earth to you feel obliged to come here and comment???...it; must be just to irritate the crap out of us. :-)

I want my £700 drone working without me hacking and farting about with old Apps, now let me get on with pestering DJI
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-5 05:37
Yawn.

So, if  you don't experience this issue yourself AND you don't know when it will be fixed, OR if indeed it will ever be fixed, AND you can't offer a permanent fix yourself....why on earth to you feel obliged to come here and comment???...it; must be just to irritate the crap out of us. :-)

As I explained it was in answer to a question put to me. I think everyone has an interest to see if otg is going to be fixed and supported, I think you said yourself you got sorted by way of hack yet you still find the need to partake in the discussion.
2018-1-5
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Lots of people have trouble using the spark rc with their phone.
Six months have passed, and there is no solution in clear sight from DJI,
I see no defence for lack of information about how and when it can be expected to be resolved.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-5 05:50
As I explained it was in answer to a question put to me. I think everyone has an interest to see if otg is going to be fixed and supported, I think you said yourself you got sorted by way of hack yet you still find the need to partake in the discussion.

Again...I’m a self-admitted newbie.  Still trying to understand the details of the Mobile device-RC-AC-GPS/compass  connections.  
IF/when the WiFi and OTG problems are rectified, will this prevent the disconnect and flyaway problems?
If the disconnect occurs between AC and Satellites, how will a more reliable RC to mobile device connection prevent flyaway?
Sorry for my lack of understanding of fundamentals
2018-1-5
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

IMO...I think DJI should have halted Spark sales until these issues were worked out.  Or at least halted EU sales.
2018-1-5
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-5 03:08
First off, this is dji’s forum I’m sure if they were worried about the amount of threads then they could just delete them, but they have taken the other approach and allowed them, so we know that’s not worrying them.
With regards to a sticky, well I’ve been around here a long time and I have seen much worse problems with dji, and they have a clear policy and it’s not one that will change here because of the amount of threads, in fact the amount of threads is small compared to what I’ve seen before.
The fact that they have allowed some Moderators to say that engineers are working on otg is about as much as your going to get, I also have never heard mods say anything if it wasn’t true, so the balance of probability looks to be in favour of some sort of otg being introduced and supported.

There is nothing unreasonable about asking when, if they plan to implement otg and to keep this issue at the forefront.

So as you suggested do not get upset when people continue to comment about otg - ‘they have just as much right to comment as you’ and in the end all our opinions are just as meaningless.

A sticky was placed for iOS 11.1 issues when 4.1.20 - came out - placed by dji - so it is not unprecedented

But it’s dji’s forum and I thank them for the ability to voice our concerns, share some experiences & media. Also the spark which is definitely a great little device
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 06:01
Again...I’m a self-admitted newbie.  Still trying to understand the details of the Mobile device-RC-AC-GPS/compass  connections.  
IF/when the WiFi and OTG problems are rectified, will this prevent the disconnect and flyaway problems?
If the disconnect occurs between AC and Satellites, how will a more reliable RC to mobile device connection prevent flyaway?

It will make no difference to disconnect from radio to AC, so won’t help with so called flyaway, proper preparation and environment are your best friends to prevent flyaway.

No need to be sorry about asking questions, most around are very helpful and we all started just the same as you.
Good luck.
2018-1-5
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Italy

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-5 06:03
IMO...I think DJI should have halted Spark sales until these issues were worked out.  Or at least halted EU sales.

Spark is in stock and can be delivered imediatly across EU... Amazon, local dealers. Can you please show us a proof for this afirmation?
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Ireland

dansmar Posted at 2018-1-5 06:04
There is nothing unreasonable about asking when, if they plan to implement otg and to keep this issue at the forefront.

So as you suggested do not get upset when people continue to comment about otg - ‘they have just as much right to comment as you’ and in the end all our opinions are just as meaningless.

I don’t think there is any problem in asking when or if otg will be fixed and supported, I also have an interest and asked the same question regarding otg and Crystalsky.
My questions were directed to Moderators because they are the only people around here that will give answers to these questions. My experience with this is that if a moderator says no it won’t happen then it won’t , if they say that engineers are working on it , then that’s what is happening, if this was not the case then you would find they wouldn’t keep repeating it.
Regarding sticky for problem with 11.1 yes I have seen this before when software has been introduced and there are problems but the difference here is this is software already supported by dji where they have introduced something that is not working.
With regard to otg I don’t believe we will hear or see anything until it’s ready to be released, remember not everyone had the same experience with otg when it was first discovered and this can be said through all SW/FW upgrades, so the truth is that it never worked perfectly for everyone.
I don’t believe that dji tried to stifle the use of otg at anytime I think what happened was dji we’re just implementing new firmware/software without to much consideration for otg , I see some around here saying they stifled the use of otg so as more people would buy Mavic , this is totally ridiculous we all know there are twenty times more Mavics out there than there are sparks, but people can choose to believe what they want to believe .
2018-1-5
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

TudorD Posted at 2018-1-5 06:59
Spark is in stock and can be delivered imediatly across EU... Amazon, local dealers. Can you please show us a proof for this afirmation?

I NEVER said they halted sales...I said they should.
2018-1-5
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Italy

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-5 07:02
I NEVER said they halted sales...I said they should.

Sorry, I have missed one word.

DJI will never stop selling Spark but I hope that the national authorities will ban this product until it will be conformed to EU regulations.
2018-1-5
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

The basic problem is not so much the OTG but the wifi connection, the OTG cable is necessary because the wifi is heavily compromised by the very questionable decisions of Dji.
In this regard, I repost this interesting technical analysis that the user Mario has posted in another thread.
I'm curious to see if the trolls and masked employees of Dji who infest this forum have something to say, as technically competent.

Posted by Mario_b :

" But the Range Problem is related to the Point that DJI didn't use the good 5 GHz WLAN Channels of the EU Norm. They avoid using all channels between 5490 MHz and 5710. All channels in that Band are allowed for out side use with nearly 30 dBmi (nearly 1 Watt) but Sender must support TCP and DFS (otherwise limited to 500 mWatt).

But all Specs states: 5.725 - 5.825 GHz as used Frequencys. These Frequencys are NOT an Official WLAN Band in the EU, it is open for SRD (Short Range Devices) with limited 14 dBmi power. So sure, they are allowed to use them.

That is exactly the Problem, why we never got a 5GHz Connection from Android to the RC and 2.4 GHz Connection from RC to Spark in Europe. because Android know it is in the EU and doesn't scan/connect that High Band. Ending in an 2.4 GHz Connection between Android and RC, and 5Ghz Connection between RC and Spark.  Android iOS ignores that and connect also in Europe on that higher Band (well sure, they said if there is a wlan it should be allowed there, doesn't care about local rules) - that's why the Connection works well better with iOS as with Android.

From my Point, this is in implementation error by DJI. I didn't see the Point why they avoid the very good Channels which are allowed in the EU (and also in US). And nevertheless it takes me to the Point, that DJI is NOT Android Compatibel in CE Mode. "
2018-1-5
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

RE: What is DJI “official” position?

Raz Taz Posted at 2018-1-5 08:00
The basic problem is not so much the OTG but the wifi connection, the OTG cable is necessary because the wifi is heavily compromised by the very questionable decisions of Dji.
In this regard, I repost this interesting technical analysis that the user Mario has posted in another thread.
I'm curious to see if the trolls and masked employees of Dji who infest this forum have something to say, as technically competent.

Now, that you have blown our cover, let me tell you the secret: we're both trolls AND Masked DJI Employees™ combined into one:

Masked DJI employee troll

Masked DJI employee troll

But don't tell anyone, especially THE VOICES... shhhhh...
2018-1-5
Use props
Raz Taz
lvl.4

Italy

Zbig Posted at 2018-1-5 08:33
Now, that you have blown our cover, let me tell you the secret: we're both trolls AND Masked DJI Employees™ combined into one:

[view_image]

Is this the maximum that so much brain can produce?
I am very impressed.
I see that you feel called into question, evidently the tongue beats where the tooth hurts.
2018-1-5
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I would not insist of an OTG solution. Just a solution. Cable or not.
But I would insist on a time table. When can it be expected to be resolved?
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules