6250 109 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
-Lucifer-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If I'm correct Europe have the CA version. North America FCA. CA do less .
2020-7-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Down In Flames Posted at 7-22 13:06
Just stick on a label with C1 on it, average joe won't know difference will be ok that way, in anycase until it drops on someone's head snuffing em out just a bit maybe even won't make no never mind as to what label you got stuck on it. Best fly brick away from people chuck like all our other big models with decapitating blades. As for ADS-B just buy pingRX dual frequency receiver that's good for 978Mhz and 1090Mhz like used in EU (for your DIY drone like), rekon the one they put in MA2 is only good for 978Mhz used in US. Oh and photo below of what is in US version of MA2 (located on GPS Board, but not there on UK GPS board): (GPS board with it costs £24 on ebay but if only has 978Mhz and turned of outside US by DJI won't help ya however DJI won't specify the circuits capability reception wise to be sure)

[view_image]

The ICAO International standard for ADS-B is known as 1090 MHz or more usually 1090ES (Extended Squitter). This is the frequency used to transmit ADS-B information.

As the U.S. ADS-B network is a dual system which supports both 1090 MHz and 978 MHz, it is possible to install a variety of configurations of ADS-B equipment. This dual system does mean that ADS-B ground stations have to re-broadcast ADS-B traffic information on both 1090MHz and 978MHz (UAT). This allows aircraft equipped with ADS-B In Traffic Receivers to ‘see’ all aircraft irrespective of their own ADS-B Out/In equipment.
Ground stations broadcast ADS-B information known as; TIS-B (Traffic Information Service Broadcast) and FIS-B (Flight Information Service Broadcast – this includes weather information, FIS-B is only broadcast on 978MHz (UAT).
To receive a Traffic Information Service Broadcast (either on 1090 MHz or 978 MHz) the FAA requires that you must first have a certified ADS-B Out transmission. Fitting a Trig transponder provides the easiest upgrade path to secure a certified ADS-B Out signal.
2020-7-24
Use props
Down In Flames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-24 01:06
The ICAO International standard for ADS-B is known as 1090 MHz or more usually 1090ES (Extended Squitter). This is the frequency used to transmit ADS-B information.

As the U.S. ADS-B network is a dual system which supports both 1090 MHz and 978 MHz, it is possible to install a variety of configurations of ADS-B equipment. This dual system does mean that ADS-B ground stations have to re-broadcast ADS-B traffic information on both 1090MHz and 978MHz (UAT). This allows aircraft equipped with ADS-B In Traffic Receivers to ‘see’ all aircraft irrespective of their own ADS-B Out/In equipment.

So you think the ads-b receiver in MA2 is capable of receiving on both these frequencies? It should be so but there are those that say it only receives on 978Mhz although have read in DJI info somewhere that they have dual frequency although this was not specifically mentioning the MA2 rather I think some of their larger models. Did ask DJI about this regarding MA2 but they have not provided an answer yet.

Well since last wrote here did see somewhere that DJI did state that the MA2 ABS-B is dual frequency as to why option for on off not there in app at least in europe haven't come across answer to that yet, But after viewing one guys u-tube video about how annoying it can be disturbing you all the time and speaking in chinese I'd rather it be off frankly.

2020-7-25
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Down In Flames Posted at 7-25 14:28
So you think the ads-b receiver in MA2 is capable of receiving on both these frequencies? It should be so but there are those that say it only receives on 978Mhz although have read in DJI info somewhere that they have dual frequency although this was not specifically mentioning the MA2 rather I think some of their larger models. Did ask DJI about this regarding MA2 but they have not provided an answer yet.
What's the point of installing 978MHz reciever if it is US frequency only? It would be "death weight" for everybody outside US. It would be easier to say there are legal problems in use of ADS-B in Europe or other regions now, no ADS-B units for users in Europe at all...
2020-7-26
Use props
Down In Flames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 7-26 00:38
What's the point of installing 978MHz reciever if it is US frequency only? It would be "death weight" for everybody outside US. It would be easier to say there are legal problems in use of ADS-B in Europe or other regions now, no ADS-B units for users in Europe at all...

Problem is that DJI don't want to tell you whether it is dual frequency or not and I did ask but no reply from them yet. They just generaly say like  only in north america and keep repeating this. So maybe it is only good for US and that's why they disable it outside or as one person commented they decomissioned it outside north america and according to them DJI actually confirmed this. His drone was with ads-b as bouught in US but it stopped working following an update when he used it outside US and it was not reversable even if downgrading again, personally I think they should of left ads-b as an add on option with a port on the drone for connecting one like the small compact dual frequency pingRX could of been done. Still whatever the case that whole GPS board is modular design seperate from main board so could be changed later, if it indeed only has single frequency ads-b but DJI are not saying. Maybe if enough people ask them then somewhere they will say if haven't already somewhere I have not looked??
2020-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Down In Flames Posted at 7-25 14:28
So you think the ads-b receiver in MA2 is capable of receiving on both these frequencies? It should be so but there are those that say it only receives on 978Mhz although have read in DJI info somewhere that they have dual frequency although this was not specifically mentioning the MA2 rather I think some of their larger models. Did ask DJI about this regarding MA2 but they have not provided an answer yet.

They would only need to support 1090mhz as the other frequency is re-broadcast onto 1090 anyway.
2020-7-27
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

I can confirm Airsense works fine in EU on  3W models.
2020-7-27
Use props
8JlJDKadkPox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698904 ft
  • >>>
Uruguay

Pls Check my related post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=&page=2
2020-7-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

B737ng Posted at 7-27 06:11
I can confirm Airsense works fine in EU on  3W models.

Good news!
Do You have more details? Like frequencies are discused here, what aircraft have You met...
2020-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any tips on how you activated it?
2020-7-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to know
2020-7-27
Use props
djiuser_ZJY7KkiOzWH9
lvl.1
France

I ve contacted online technical support some minutes ago
and they said that no official information is available regarding this.
2020-7-28
Use props
Down In Flames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_ZJY7KkiOzWH9 Posted at 7-28 01:58
I ve contacted online technical support some minutes ago
and they said that no official information is available regarding this.

Perhaps the ads-b hardware has been pirated and repackaged in traditional style and they don't won't to let the cat out of the bag. Their employees are routeenly made into cat food if they talk, well could be.
2020-7-28
Use props
Down In Flames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Post fw version for drone and transmitter details and app version details and country you tested this and details of ads-b option being available or not in dji fly app, just for reference.
2020-7-28
Use props
djiuser_ZJY7KkiOzWH9
lvl.1
France

Any news?? I m waiting airsense availability  to buy my MA2.
Regards
2020-7-30
Use props
Down In Flames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_ZJY7KkiOzWH9 Posted at 7-30 02:11
Any news?? I m waiting airsense availability  to buy my MA2.
Regards

Don't bother waiting mate, spend your money on a skydio drone they have much better obstacle avoidance, great camera, or one of the more pro DJI models but to wait on a consumer drone just because of airsense which you don't even need given all the restrictions that DJI dictate is a waste of time. I know myself I will never buy another product from them given the way their rubbish reponse is to customer questions, it's just so typical china misleading contrrolled censorship, really DJI should be giving their drones to us free as part compensation given all the trouble their government has caused. And you still want to give money to that country why even US army has banned their products because of  spying risks.  Maybe there is more to that Ads-b they don't want you to know, why one customer even quoted that DJI told them that there is no official response to the issue of Ads-b not functioning outside US, very suspect answer, not normal, dodgy company i'd say, don't give them money.
2020-8-1
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 01:59
We have quite a few helicopters flying around here (Police/Ambulance mainly) and they can appear almost from nowhere so advance notice that they are coming would be really nice for me.  It just helps being a bit more responsible.

So if you are in Europe the ADS-B transponder requirements are not mandataed unlike the USA.  Only certain types of manned availation transmit on ADS-B e.g. large commercial airliners etc.  Your military Police Search and Rescue coastguard etc don't use ADS-B and rely on Mode S Transponders.

DJI's Airsense is completely blind to Mode S so these aircraft won't appear and as you say these are the ones that can fly under 500ft and creep up on you quickly.

So the lack of Airsense in Europe so far isn't worth worrying about.
2020-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andy Uk Posted at 8-1 05:59
So if you are in Europe the ADS-B transponder requirements are not mandataed unlike the USA.  Only certain types of manned availation transmit on ADS-B e.g. large commercial airliners etc.  Your military Police Search and Rescue coastguard etc don't use ADS-B and rely on Mode S Transponders.

DJI's Airsense is completely blind to Mode S so these aircraft won't appear and as you say these are the ones that can fly under 500ft and creep up on you quickly.

I run dump1090 and regularly detect police/air ambulance around here.  Even the local pilot school aircraft are picked up.  However I didn't detect the spitfire from the flyover this morning.
2020-8-1
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-1 06:06
I run dump1090 and regularly detect police/air ambulance around here.  Even the local pilot school aircraft are picked up.  However I didn't detect the spitfire from the flyover this morning.

Be interesting to see if you are getting NPAS as there are many FOIA requests showing they don't use them.  Also I think dump1090 can receive Mode-S but you need to use MLAT to get a position as Mode-S doesn't transmit lat/lon etc.  Sites like ADS-B Exchange will combine mode-S data receipt from known position receivers and calculate position based on time of arrival of radio signals between the different receivers and plot those also...... i'm pretty close to NPAS Redhill and their Police E35s never broadcast ADS-B, the Sussex Kent AIr Amb out of the site though does broadcast ADS-B.  If you head West to the Sailsbury ranges the Apache's and Gazels are Mode-S only, generally the large RAF transporters C17 will use ADS-B but the Hercs won't, and the fast Jets F35s, Eurofighters are Mode S also.

2020-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andy Uk Posted at 8-1 06:25
Be interesting to see if you are getting NPAS as there are many FOIA requests showing they don't use them.  Also I think dump1090 can receive Mode-S but you need to use MLAT to get a position as Mode-S doesn't transmit lat/lon etc.  Sites like ADS-B Exchange will combine mode-S data receipt from known position receivers and calculate position based on time of arrival of radio signals between the different receivers and plot those also...... i'm pretty close to NPAS Redhill and their Police E35s never broadcast ADS-B, the Sussex Kent AIr Amb out of the site though does broadcast ADS-B.  If you head West to the Sailsbury ranges the Apache's and Gazels are Mode-S only, generally the large RAF transporters C17 will use ADS-B but the Hercs won't, and the fast Jets F35s, Eurofighters are Mode S also.

From what Ive seen the FOIA requests are showing that they turn ADS-B off selectively from time to time,  my guess would be if they were on an operation and they didn't want to be tracked it gets turned off.
2020-8-1
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-1 06:32
From what Ive seen the FOIA requests are showing that they turn ADS-B off selectively from time to time,  my guess would be if they were on an operation and they didn't want to be tracked it gets turned off.

I'm looking at ADS-B Exchange now and there isn't a single NPAS of 10 in the air using ADS-B all are using MLAT.  In terms UK military 1 A400m using ADS-B at 29,000ft, but its the weekend you won't get the Apache's and Fast Jets out.  London Air Ambuance is on ADS-B
2020-8-1
Use props
JJ JULIEN
New

Martinique

I bought my Air 2 in the USA for that reason and it's impossible to see and activate the Airsense option in the DJI Fly app.
2020-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJ JULIEN Posted at 8-1 16:17
I bought my Air 2 in the USA for that reason and it's impossible to see and activate the Airsense option in the DJI Fly app.

It seems they disable the button if your not in the USA, unlike when it went on sale and there said it would also work when traveling.
2020-8-2
Use props
Down In Flames
lvl.1

United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 7-26 00:38

Well since last wrote here did see somewhere that DJI did state that the MA2 ABS-B is dual frequency as to why option for on off not there in app at least in europe haven't come across answer to that yet, But after viewing one guys u-tube video about how annoying it can be disturbing you all the time and speaking in chinese I'd rather it be off frankly.

watch:

2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_yv12od2fuT1W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26355 ft
Argentina

i just bought here in argentina a mavic air 2, fly more combo, it says NORTH AMERICA in the box, and i confirmed with dji that it is the N.A version, problem is it didnt come with the ads-b receiver, not the sticker, not the software! any ideas why? thanks a lot!
2020-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_yv12od2fuT1W Posted at 10-5 15:50
i just bought here in argentina a mavic air 2, fly more combo, it says NORTH AMERICA in the box, and i confirmed with dji that it is the N.A version, problem is it didnt come with the ads-b receiver, not the sticker, not the software! any ideas why? thanks a lot!

At the moment it appears you have to be in the USA to activate the receiver.
2020-10-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 5-1 02:22
DJI confirmed you can send the drone to them and have ADS-B retrofitted but you'll have to pay for "the upgrade" (to the spec that you already paid for....)

Can you point me to this statement from DJI?
2020-10-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

8JlJDKadkPox Posted at 7-4 16:50
I bought a USA DJI MAvic Air 2 with Airsense (ADS-B receiver) and travel with it to Latin America.

When the last upgade came in, my ADS-B receiver was decommissioned!

Can you advise who you actually called?
2020-10-6
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 10-6 07:31
Can you point me to this statement from DJI?

i got this from DJI support, i posted this somewhere on the forum back then but I don't recall what topic that was in...
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_yv12od2fuT1W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26355 ft
Argentina

We appreciate your effort in letting us know of your concern on the ADS-B version of the Mavic Air 2 aircraft. I'm here to help.

Currently, Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. Upon checking the serial number you have provided which is xxxxxxxxxxxx is a North American version and is equipped with ADS-B.

We are working also to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with the ADS-B feature in the near future.
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules