Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-15 09:56
Oh yes! I did download it and tried it with another camera’s footage. It was quite red and oversaturated, but might well be great with d-cinelike. I forgot all about it. Thank you.

I use Affinity Photo for creating LUTs. It is a great and cheap software that I use instead of paying for Photoshop.
But I use v1 of their software, they have come out with v2 that I doesn't heard good things about since it is like a completly new software.

I can make LUT for you if you have some colorcard in footage, but I am not and expert. I just need screenshot from every footage with colorcards.
Here are some LUTs created but will not fit you guys that doesn't have snow
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/s ... QhcJ17r2QgwvY28AlgX
2022-12-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you. I’ll look that up. I have so many LUTS but would like a set of my own ‘presets’ for different types of shot on the Action. It would just speed things up.

It surprises me that DJI haven’t produced an ‘in house’ LUT much like Sony and Canon do for their log profiles. It would just be quicker.

Your LUTs might make the British weather look more like the Summer!!!
2022-12-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-15 12:01
Thank you. I’ll look that up. I have so many LUTS but would like a set of my own ‘presets’ for different types of shot on the Action. It would just speed things up.

It surprises me that DJI haven’t produced an ‘in house’ LUT much like Sony and Canon do for their log profiles. It would just be quicker.

I find it great creating my own LUTs but they are mostly created for matching my units and not always being close to 100% but close enough for my projects.
Insta360 share LUTs with their cameras, so DJI should done it aswell.

Here are some more LUTs mostly privately made, but you could test some of them out. They are created in autumn this year (some for summer also)
https://e1.pcloud.link/publink/s ... OpvBmQ9uUovapM4tRd7
2022-12-15
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 12-15 11:56
I use Affinity Photo for creating LUTs. It is a great and cheap software that I use instead of paying for Photoshop.
But I use v1 of their software, they have come out with v2 that I doesn't heard good things about since it is like a completly new software.

Good with snow makes it brighter.
2022-12-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blimey .... I didn't have any d-cinelike footage so I put it on top of some Sony footage just to see what kind of thing those luts are doing. The footage went a whole lot brighter.

You know, a LUT could theoretically be developed on this forum where everyone tries it and sticks their ideas in and the LUT is then tweaked until we have some kind of consensus. Then the maker of the LUT could sell it to DJI!!! ;)

This time next year, they could be a millionaire ........ (the inventor, that is)

Edit: in that second batch, the ones labelled 'cloudy' look really nice with my Sony footage! They deepen the colour. The other ones brighten the footage so for snow, they would really help. You've done well with them. Congrats!

2022-12-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

4wd Posted at 12-15 12:13
Good with snow makes it brighter.

In daylight yes, but here we have polar nights now in December so our daylight is just blueish tint mid-day so no daylight until late January when sun is back over horizon.

2022-12-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-15 12:14
Blimey .... I didn't have any d-cinelike footage so I put it on top of some Sony footage just to see what kind of thing those luts are doing. The footage went a whole lot brighter.

You know, a LUT could theoretically be developed on this forum where everyone tries it and sticks their ideas in and the LUT is then tweaked until we have some kind of consensus. Then the maker of the LUT could sell it to DJI!!! ;)

There are always fun to test out different LUTs, and since theese are actually just made for me at this point they can and will do a lot of different colors etc. on other footage from different brands.

A lot of people do sell LUT but there are a lot of free LUTs also. Those who sell LUTs have made them mostly to not give excact true colors but more movie stylish. There are like a bunch of retro LUTs that costs money but also some free ones.

I mean if a person have done proper work creating a LUT with scientific or close to scientific colors, I see nothing wrong selling them.
Could also be that I will think about that in future, but now I am too busy with so many projects.
I love being busy so I never get bored
2022-12-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I’m guessing you’ve brightened it and taken out some blue which is understandable given that ‘blue hour’. I might try out some dusk to night shots to see what it does actually. Makes sense in 10 bit.
2022-12-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-15 13:31
So I’m guessing you’ve brightened it and taken out some blue which is understandable given that ‘blue hour’. I might try out some dusk to night shots to see what it does actually. Makes sense in 10 bit.

Yes I did remove some of the blue tint and also tried to match it with OA1 shot at same time.

But I did shot both with 5500 Kelvin, but 7000 Kelvin is more right for our blue hour.
2022-12-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is a picture I took some years ago at the mountain road mid-day in blue hour.
So then you guys know more how our daylight is at this time of year

blue hour.jpg
2022-12-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely bluer than the UK. It must be difficult living in conditions like that, I found a year in Iceland really tough tbh.
2022-12-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-15 13:59
Definitely bluer than the UK. It must be difficult living in conditions like that, I found a year in Iceland really tough tbh.

It's actually not that difficult, but when we get a lot of snow so people have to spend most time plowing snow. Then some people get frustrated.
But it is really cozy with the dark days, but also makes people tired all time.

And you go to work in the morning and it's dark, and getting home at 4 it's dark again
2022-12-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enjoying using both my Action cameras recording memories and moments rather than ‘Testing’ and moaning. You can be sure that the moaners will never be happy
2022-12-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m enjoying these LUTs on my Action 1, 2 and 3. No one has been moaning or testing here.

Why did you bring that up again?

Mods 93
2022-12-16
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-15 08:22
Well my guess is you are not here for anything except to whine, so yes you go firmly into that category…

Finally someone revealed my secret identity...bye bye my undercover
2022-12-16
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-16 00:15
Enjoying using both my Action cameras recording memories and moments rather than ‘Testing’ and moaning. You can be sure that the moaners will never be happy

until they start shooting in 720.....
2022-12-16
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

johansenfoto Posted at 12-15 13:38
Here is a picture I took some years ago at the mountain road mid-day in blue hour.
So then you guys know more how our daylight is at this time of year

Beautiful....it's already slush and rain here, a cold wind will come at night, so it will be fun on the roads. I also go to work after dark in the morning and come back when it's almost dark......but it's fine. I thought about how long-term prevailing blue light affects the body, as it inhibits a lot of regenerative and cleansing processes....the body is still under stress during the day and at night, or do you have orange and red light bulbs at home so that the brain thinks it is night?
2022-12-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

StevoB Posted at 12-16 04:10
Beautiful....it's already slush and rain here, a cold wind will come at night, so it will be fun on the roads. I also go to work after dark in the morning and come back when it's almost dark......but it's fine. I thought about how long-term prevailing blue light affects the body, as it inhibits a lot of regenerative and cleansing processes....the body is still under stress during the day and at night, or do you have orange and red light bulbs at home so that the brain thinks it is night?

Nothing advanced here, but its important to have enough lights inside the house so the body know to be awake and not
2022-12-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is deffo worth having 2 of these beauties
2022-12-18
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the UK, the Action 3 is currently cheaper on Amazon than the original Action, which is nearly £20 more.
2022-12-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still using and enjoying both of mine
2022-12-19
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-19 02:07
Still using and enjoying both of mine

Great! We all know this by now, it's time to buy a third camera with a focus problem
2022-12-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m still loving the Action 1, 2 and 3 as well. It's like having a Triple Decker.
Not to mention the Pocket 1 and 2. Just awesome.
2022-12-19
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

Wow I didn't think my comment would trigger so many responses. Yes his first camera could definitely use some help because I have watched the videos that he posted and they look like they're from 2004. I can't comment on his second because he hasn't shared any videos from that second camera, but like someone else said if he's happy with that I guess we can only be happy for him.

For me though after my 4th camera and the last three times DJI has said all three cameras sent in were/are defective they gladly sent me another copy that now has excellent focusing manufacturing date of 2022/11. On the plus side I have about 4 cages and a few extra batteries throughout this process.
2022-12-19
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think there’s another agenda going on. The title of this is more likely linked to another thread where sharpness was talked about. So this one  isn’t really that important I guess because there are no real facts about the camera in this thread other than the op likes it so much he bought two!

I like the Osmo Action 3 a lot actually for its ease of use and speed that it kicks off at. Its colour is also very good and vibrant. It's also a much more stable camera than the GoPro with regards to freezing and doing odd things.

I do feel that overall sharpness isn’t  brilliant though. It’s mostly on the border of acceptable for me. OK on iPad screens but on large tv screens, it shows quite a lack of detail as well for me. Some tiny details look almost like they've been 'painted' to me rather than sharp. I'm not certain yet whether some of it is also to do with flare/exposure/motion blur things rather than just the lens though.

Also close focus has been an issue; especially for people who want to point them at themselves on selfie sticks. Some argue that these cameras aren't designed for this while others think they are perfectly good for vlogging. I guess it’s a personal ‘tolerance’ thing.

Some guys have started to slightly move the focus point of the lens which has improved it for them while others feel that the edges have become unacceptable as a result and so it rolls on like 'Old Man River'.

It’s possibly more a question of how bad does it need to be before it becomes unacceptable to individuals and that tolerance seems to be different for different people.

That’s all there is to it really and there is no agreement on whether it is sharp enough or not which has caused a great deal of nonsense.

In the meantime, the op is perfectly happy with his two cameras which is what this thread is about!

It might be made more difficult because ‘some’ cameras might be focusing better than others.

So this thread is more likely to be the opposite of the sharpness thread where the op keeps stating how pleased he is with it because of others trying to fix the sharpness themselves. Hence, another agenda ......

2022-12-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for you well considered comments
2022-12-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re most welcome.
2022-12-20
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-19 20:04
I think there’s another agenda going on. The title of this is more likely linked to another thread where sharpness was talked about. So this one  isn’t really that important I guess because there are no real facts about the camera in it other than the op likes it so much he bought two!

I like the Osmo Action 3 a lot actually for its ease of use and speed that it kicks off at. Its colour is also very good and vibrant. It's also a much more stable camera than the GoPro with regards to freezing and doing odd things.

Claims a lot....facts and evidence are missing
2022-12-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a ‘personal’ view. I think the ‘polite fairy’ has been for Christmas.
2022-12-20
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-20 02:58
Just a ‘personal’ view. I think the ‘polite fairy’ has been for Christmas.

Now we will wait for Santa Claus with his big bag full of gifts
2022-12-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What, a THIRD Action 3?
2022-12-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Loving this camera. I hope many people are lucky and get one or more for Christmas. Amazing Image Quality
2022-12-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-19 20:04
I think there’s another agenda going on. The title of this is more likely linked to another thread where sharpness was talked about. So this one  isn’t really that important I guess because there are no real facts about the camera in this thread other than the op likes it so much he bought two!

I think there’s another agenda going on. The title of this is more likely linked to another thread where sharpness was talked about. So this one  isn’t really that important I guess because there are no real facts about the camera in this thread other than the op likes it so much he bought two!

Frankly thats baloney, the thread you refer to was a thread dominated by conspiracies led by very few but succeeding in dragging others down with them. The Italian was determined that he would prove a point that he never actually did prove. A Russian who was the first to move his lens created some more concentrated focus on the centre frame but failed completely when you took the whole frame into the picture, this process was repeated by others showing that no matter what they done they did not improve the overall image particularly for this camera. No matter what dji forum you take part in you will have the pixel peepers who come here with a little knowledge “which is a dangerous thing” and to make themselves relevant they have to find something wrong whether through proof or conspiracy . There was nothing wrong with this camera that FW didn’t improve and that is almost common with all dji cameras. The biggest myth about this camera is it had a hardware problem.
It was hilarious to come here and watch some of the completely crude testing, people almost going out of there way to prove their conspiracies, a thread that had over 20k viewings “yet no more than a dozen people bothering to complain. And particularly when this is a forum people tend to come to air their grievances I would have expected so many more to join in if the problems where as big as the few were making them out to be. People love throwing stones but while you might think this other thread offered up proof that there was a real hardware problem , you might need to go and look at that again.

With regard to watching on the telly I don’t believe 5% of these videos will ever find there way to anyones telly, but I have found watching you tube on telly its ok but far superior to connect directly a compatible device showing the post edited footage in highest resolution the TV can show.

This thread is positive and doesn’t need pixel peeping from those who prefer this to creating, it also is an encouragement to those who wish and hope to create and not be constantly put off by the Naysayers, I will say your contribution has not been to discourage users totally as many on the other thread have you have also posted informative videos, while I still have not seen a single completed edited video from anyone on that thread except short 10 second useless clips that show only what they want you to see, its strange because it was the first question I was asked for when I posted on that thread. So I showed a video including source and because it showed Action in a good light it was basically ignored and frowned on as being lucky an outlier etc. so that thread didn’t offer any proof it offered conspiracies that were dampened down by FW releases .
2022-12-20
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for your well considered comments.

Mods 113

2022-12-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk Posted at 12-19 19:15
Wow I didn't think my comment would trigger so many responses. Yes his first camera could definitely use some help because I have watched the videos that he posted and they look like they're from 2004. I can't comment on his second because he hasn't shared any videos from that second camera, but like someone else said if he's happy with that I guess we can only be happy for him.

For me though after my 4th camera and the last three times DJI has said all three cameras sent in were/are defective they gladly sent me another copy that now has excellent focusing manufacturing date of 2022/11. On the plus side I have about 4 cages and a few extra batteries throughout this process.

Considering you have no problem insulting in your critic I suppose you will post some of your work for all to critic , you are obviously really good at this….
2022-12-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent………………
2022-12-21
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-20 09:11

Frankly thats baloney, the thread you refer to was a thread dominated by conspiracies led by very few but succeeding in dragging others down with them. The Italian was determined that he would prove a point that he never actually did prove. A Russian who was the first to move his lens created some more concentrated focus on the centre frame but failed completely when you took the whole frame into the picture, this process was repeated by others showing that no matter what they done they did not improve the overall image particularly for this camera. No matter what dji forum you take part in you will have the pixel peepers who come here with a little knowledge “which is a dangerous thing” and to make themselves relevant they have to find something wrong whether through proof or conspiracy . There was nothing wrong with this camera that FW didn’t improve and that is almost common with all dji cameras. The biggest myth about this camera is it had a hardware problem.

You still forgot to mention me Slovaks, Bulgarians, Germans. If OA3 was so fantastic, I wouldn't be on a forum in my life, I wouldn't have a reason (only you DJI sellers do that, Fanboys), just like I've never been on a GoPro forum in my life, or any other forum of my functional technology, because there's no reason for you to be here you make senseless propaganda and enjoy the action camera you use like a 10 year old mobile phone. Who is looking for flaws in the DIY improved OA3, it's just you two old people, and you are doing (you are one person) comparisons, which with such a wide FOV will not even be different with this lens, you are looking for micro flaws, but the totally distorted image on ultra wide is in your eye okay??? But FOV 155° is the marketing move for masses of buyers who will use it once? twice? I also thought that it would happen several times, but so far I have only set ultra once, and not in action shooting, but in static theater on stage... I have already asked once if you can also use other sites on the Internet, such as DJI, because such youtube is full of disgruntled users of blurred OA3 and it is none of us. You are still spreading your propaganda...Then contact yourself so that the anger of the people deceived by you has somewhere to be directed....Most people have already had some kind of recording technique in their lives and know what to compare it to and have their own opinions. We disaffected people also put sources and comparisons of action cameras here, those are just empty propaganda words with insults, which of course people don't like and they each react in their own way.
2022-12-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The problem of focus is described all over the place, not just here. And the first reports didn't come from here. Also from people who are very experienced. People came here to look for a fix. They wouldn't be here for 'Charm School', although I think Mr Plumb might have attended a class or two.

Focus was the absolute first thing I noticed when I saw the first video out of my camera. I had a very early one. Then I made a YouTube video about it because I thought that the footage was awful at the time. (Before the update) It is looking better now, post update, but still not quite as good as I would like. Perhaps just a cheap lens? I don't know.

As long as Mr Plumb is happy and the Irish bloke is happy to be spitting feathers, don’t worry about it.

Conspiracies? Italians and Russians? Pixel peepers? Dangerous things? Myths? Hilarious thread?  All sounds a bit ‘James Bond’ to me. Or perhaps ..... Baloney as he charmingly put it? Has he  been kissing' the ‘Baloney’ Stone?

What is quite funny is that the camera was fine from the start according to the Irish fella, but the firmware ‘fixed it?’ Mr Plumb accused all critics of being ocd but the firmware 'fixed it'. More baloney?

I wonder if they can fix it a bit more?

'With regards to watching on telly'? A lot of people watch their footage on TV because modern TV's are so capable. It's also great for the family to watch. We're talking 'home videos' here, not YouTube! I don't need to pixel peep to see it; especially in 4k.

What the Irish bloke forgot to mention from the 'so called' critic ......

For me though after my 4th camera and the last three times DJI has said all three cameras sent in were/are defective they gladly sent me another copy that now has excellent focusing manufacturing date of 2022/11

So DJI recocognised THREE faulty cameras. (Well done DJI for sticking that out!!) The guy was RIGHT to send them back?

Must be some kind of conspiracy .........

From Ireland.

2022-12-21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-21 00:33
Excellent………………

Lovely ………..
2022-12-21
Use props