Is there anyway to not get locked out after 1 month?
3123 103 1-14 13:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13631168 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 1-24 13:48
And yet, DJI Tony reckon that's not possible...

"Hi there. To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. I will provide your feedback to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

Fix what..? From DJI's perspective there's nothing broke. DJI Tony's reasoning is not just a streach but it's a flat out lie.
  • If the FlySafe Database being out of date is the problem, why not just say so in the app?
  • Why does DJI pretend that logging someone out is the only way to update this database?
  • Why do people with an up to date database still get logged out?
  • Why do people on old firmwares and expired databases not get penalized?
  • Didn't DJI just remove flight restrictions in EU countries? What's the excuse there now?
  • Why do admins vanish when important questions are being asked?

1-24 19:03
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-24 11:32
DJI Logged me out today. 1-24-24 1030AM

Drone - Mavic 3

Miss Ivy, do you happen to know if the Pixel 4XL was connected to the internet when you flew 21/01/2024 ?
Alternatively do you happen to know when the Pixel 4XL was last connected to the internet ?

With regards to the quotation of DJI Tony, it would be interesting to know if "If you don't connect to the network for one month, " refers to the device i.e. your Pixel 4XL, being connected to the internet with or without the fly app running  or if the fly app MUST be running and connected to the internet.
1-25 02:49
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21103245 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-25 02:49
Miss Ivy, do you happen to know if the Pixel 4XL was connected to the internet when you flew 21/01/2024 ?
Alternatively do you happen to know when the Pixel 4XL was last connected to the internet ?

I did a fly app update back on the1/5/24 according to my Aloft maintenance data that required me to be logged in to do it for both  drones my Pixel 3XL for the mini2 and a update for the Pixel4xl for the mavic3 at the same time. I have 2 different devices 1 for each drone because I can not switch easily between drones with 1 device when in  remote locations, so it was easier to buy a refurb phone off ebay for the mimni2

But I had  logged in to the wifi at the Johnson county airport on 1/18 with the mavic3 so I could contact LAANC and when i get home from flying any of the drones, I log in to upload my flight data, and i keep written flight log chat since the mav3 went into ATTI mode back a 6-7 months ago.  so imagine my surprise being logged out this week when at the lake.

1-25 06:01
Use props
joybeden
lvl.1

Pakistan

You can move during severe weather conditions.
1-25 06:27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-25 06:01
I did a fly app update back on the1/5/24 according to my Aloft maintenance data that required me to be logged in to do it for both  drones my Pixel 3XL for the mini2 and a update for the Pixel4xl for the mavic3 at the same time. I have 2 different devices 1 for each drone because I can not switch easily between drones with 1 device when in  remote locations, so it was easier to buy a refurb phone off ebay for the mimni2

But I had  logged in to the wifi at the Johnson county airport on 1/18 with the mavic3 so I could contact LAANC and when i get home from flying any of the drones, I log in to upload my flight data, and i keep written flight log chat since the mav3 went into ATTI mode back a 6-7 months ago.  so imagine my surprise being logged out this week when at the lake.

Thanks for the reply Miss Ivy.
I understand your using multiple screen devices, I do the same myself for somewhat similar reasons.

To check my understanding of your post, both Pixels were connected to the internet January 5th 2024 and, given the reason for the connection, that probably means the the FLY app on both those phone was active during the time the phones were connected to the internet.
Would that be correct?

Additionally, both the Pixel 4XL and its Fly app were connected to the internet January 18th 2024, in order to obtain a LAANC permission.
Would that be correct?

Without changing anything on the phone can you please check whether or not the Pixel 3XL connects to the internet when it is switched on ?
Can you check whether or not the FLY App on/in the Pixel 3XL is still logged into your DJI account?

My experiences tell me that logging the FLY app out of the DJI account on one phone will log every other phone, that uses that same DJI account, OUT of that DJI account when those phones next connect to the internet.
I suspect this is a safety feature/behaviour and I can see sense in that particular behaviour.
So, if your Pixel 3XL connects to the internet automatically, I suspect you will find its FLY app is logged out of your DJI account.

The interesting point will be if your Pixel 3XL DOES NOT automatically connect to the internet, if it is logged out of your DJI account then it appears that the FLY Apps on/in your phones have logged out well within one month of their last known connection connection to the internet or, well within one month of the phones' last known connection to the internet.

Either way, as I understand things, it appears that the FLY App on/in the Pixel 4XL has logged of your DJI account within a week of its last connection to the internet.
If correct then perhaps you should raise this point in a reply to DJI Tony's post number 15 in this thread or DJI Gamora's post number 47 in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 82869&extra=&page=1
''How do I keep my account logged in''.

1-25 08:08
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21103245 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-25 08:08
Thanks foir the reply Miss Ivy.
I understand your using multiple screen devices, I do the same myself for somewhat similar reasons.

Hi Sean everything you stated is correct.
Both My pixels 3 &4 connect to my home and open source internet automatically unless I need to manually  connect to a foreign internet source like McDonald or a coffee shop etc.
I never shut my pixels phones off off unless I forget to charge them and the battery runs out and shuts them down,. it just takes to long to restart them and have to go through all the proceetures to reconnect them to my drones.

As a normal practice when I have missions at airports on inspections jobs or other locations, I will most times have to manually connect to their open wifi if available. if no wifi is available and my cell service is good enough I will turn my personal  non drone phone which is a Motorola 10 using android 12 OS into a local hotspot to connect my pixels too.
I have had my mavic 3log out a few times in the past,  so that is nothing new  usually after about 21 days or so if i have not open the flyapp  , But this was a first time for my mini2 to be logged out and then 3 days later when flying my M3. both only when opening the fly app without wifi.
I only reported it here to show that the log out was not isolated to just the M3.
I would not mind the log outs so much . But I hate having to ride back to town  to get a wifi hotspot to log back in .
Is there a work around to keep this from happening? other than using my non drone phone to create a hotspot?
1-25 11:49
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-25 11:49
Hi Sean everything you stated is correct.
Both My pixels 3 &4 connect to my home and open source internet automatically unless I need to manually  connect to a foreign internet source like McDonald or a coffee shop etc.
I never shut my pixels phones off off unless I forget to charge them and the battery runs out and shuts them down,. it just takes to long to restart them and have to go through all the proceetures to reconnect them to my drones.

Thanks for the reply.
One point I would like to make is that the two mods have said the time period is one month, your experience shows that you have suffered log outs after much shorter time periods than one month and that needs to be raised with DJI.
Both of them seem to have quoted the same script which is " If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required ".

1-25 12:03
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-25 12:03
Thanks for the reply.
One point I would like to make is that the two mods have said the time period is one month, your experience shows that you have suffered log outs after much shorter time periods than one month and that needs to be raised with DJI.
Both of them seem to have quoted the same script which is " If you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required ".

Sean, this is painful...

You are just repeating stuff that we have already established more than 12 months ago..

If you go back and read all the other previous thread, this fact that the app logs you out more frequently that DJI advertise, it is mentioned several times... IT is not your point. It is an old fact!

Why are you doing this?  We have already understood and pointed out the issue 12 months ago. We are NOW asking for a fix...
1-25 13:26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One reason I dont read the full thread is that I can't be bothered wading throught your rantings.
1-25 14:27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-25 14:27
One reason I dont read the full thread is that I can be bothered wading throught your rantings.

I guess the other reason is still the same then....

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 249&pid=3101984

Oh well, no much we can do about that...

PS

You should have type can't or cannot... As it stands, it read that you can be bother to read it. That, while it doesn't make any sense, it goes well along your lines of thoughts...

Over...
1-25 19:04
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 1-25 19:04
I guess the other reason is still the same then....

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=283249&pid=3101984

I have corrected the typo.
1-26 01:04
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-26 01:04
I have corrected the typo.

Excellent... I'm proud of you...

Now can we get back on topic?

We want DJI to remove the flight limitation when you are logged out!

We know that it has no reason to be there in the first place...

Lets push this button together...

1-26 01:56
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 1-26 01:56
Excellent... I'm proud of you...Now can we get back on topic? We want DJI to remove the flight limitation when you are logged out!

Oh what a pity, that's disappointing.

Just as a matter of interest Is ''We want DJI to remove the flight limitation when you are logged out! '' the topic ?  
I thought the Op's title was ''Is there anyway to not get locked out after 1 month?''

1-26 09:38
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-26 09:38
Oh what a pity, that's disappointing.

Just as a matter of interest Is ''We want DJI to remove the flight limitation when you are logged out! '' the topic ?  

Good thing that you are rich and pretty....
1-26 13:09
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

So far DJI, this kind of questions and problems hasn't been resolved...

"I work in Antarctica, and am often away from any internet connection for a couple of months at a time, causing my Mavic 3 Cine to get locked out and only fly in the resticted mode. This is a major problem when I am trying to do remote field work. Is there any way to avoid this, or at least have a longer period before lockout? I work directly with local air trafic controllers and have all the relevant permits so no fly zones are not an issue. It is having a major impact on my work and wasting a lot of time and money."

"My drone periodically gets logged out of my account (when I start the  drone it comes up with a message 'Account not logged in' or similar, and  flight is limited to about 50 meters). Is there anyway to stop this  from happening? I mostly use my drone in areas without internet or cell  phone service, so it is extermely inconventiant."

"Yes this is a really bad issue Paladin, I think a lot of your team think  the whole world is connected all the time, but here in the Australian  outback for example huge areas, bigger than many countries, don't have  access to the internet . I work in very remote locations and when this  log-out happens it can be a major problem when I am working for clients  like BBC, National Geographic, Warner Brothers etc. I've been in  situations where I have been on a professional job and had to drive up  to 100km on rough dirt roads just to log back in so I can regain the  normal flying functions on the aircraft! On big projects we take  precautions like having another complete drone kit ready to go if we  crash it or lose it , but we don't expect our own controller to ruin the  job!"

How can we use our drones and continue to fly in remote areas where there is no network coverage, without having to deal with the restricted fly mode?

We need a final and permanent solution, please!!!

1-27 14:02
Use props
LukasYL
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like lately DJI has been lagging and ignoring a lot of its customers and we are getting sick and tired of it.
1-27 19:33
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Burt37 Posted at 1-27 14:02
So far DJI, this kind of questions and problems hasn't been resolved...

"I work in Antarctica, and am often away from any internet connection for a couple of months at a time, causing my Mavic 3 Cine to get locked out and only fly in the resticted mode. This is a major problem when I am trying to do remote field work. Is there any way to avoid this, or at least have a longer period before lockout? I work directly with local air trafic controllers and have all the relevant permits so no fly zones are not an issue. It is having a major impact on my work and wasting a lot of time and money."

Well if dji would notify users in time so at least they are aware of it . But really they first need to let users know why they have done this .
1-28 04:55
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-28 04:55
Well if dji would notify users in time so at least they are aware of it . But really they first need to let users know why they have done this .

But really they first need to let users know why they have done this .
Haven't we already known? Same reason why they've made the offline maps 'unusable' for some people.
1-28 11:35
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LukasYL Posted at 1-27 19:33
Seems like lately DJI has been lagging and ignoring a lot of its customers and we are getting sick and tired of it.

Obviously DJI doesn't have the same definition of the words 'a lot' to those on this thread.
1-28 11:38
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 1-28 11:35
But really they first need to let users know why they have done this .
Haven't we already known? Same reason why they've made the offline maps 'unusable' for some people.

Im afraid I have no clue why dji imposed this, I see no benefit of doing this and if there is then let them explain why.
1-29 06:51
Use props
mobile_mechanic
lvl.1

Canada

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-17 12:23
Sorry But I have a RANT!!!!
I am NOT happy about the news i got this week
No more USA contract work with DJI drones. as I was told in a letter by my airport manager  

DJI requires you to login to your account every 30 days using your remote.. They say this is for safety and to update the flysafe app. But they do download your flight logs every time you login. So can you blame the US government for banning the use of them? They don't want DJI having access to that data.
2-19 13:21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mobile_mechanic Posted at 2-19 13:21
DJI requires you to login to your account every 30 days using your remote.. They say this is for safety and to update the flysafe app. But they do download your flight logs every time you login. So can you blame the US government for banning the use of them? They don't want DJI having access to that data.

"But they do download your flight logs every time you login"
Unless things have changed recently that is complete and utter rubbish.
They do not down log your flight logs ........ unless you switch auto syncing on and or give the app permission.
2-19 13:58
Use props
djiuser_CODsRCkjC34c
lvl.2

Canada

To the appropriate department,
Please CHANGE this DJI.
Places where drone use is the safest (remote locations) are the places where you are unable to use the M3"Pro" because you have no telephone signal.
It can be very embarrassing, with people (clients) standing around you (the Pro) swiping and chucking and jiving and scratching your head. There, that little package of pure tech genius sits whirring away,
as, one by one the clients dawn their backpacks and depart back to the city.
I'm amazed there's not a C.A. lawsuit up and running on this.
Otherwise the drone is an excellent unit.

2-21 06:33
Use props
Drakosha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403970 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

All DJI FPV series drones (including Avata) never require internet connection, you can ignore any "updates" and simply do not connect them to the internet to receive another restriction from this lying & spying company. You can officially avoid using DJI Fly App completely on Mavic, by using DJI Goggles Integra & Motion controller, but with some hack you should be able to do this with RC-N1 remote as well. Now, I haven't tried this myself, but in theory, I think you can take the drone to the air without connecting mobile phone to RC-N1 controller; so, take the drone to the air and THEN turn on Goggles Integra (with Mavic 3 selected in its menus). This is proven to work with mobile phone attached to RC-N1, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work without mobile. Mavic 2 can be flown with just the remote, I tried it myself. Mavic 3 - well, we can try
This way you will be limited to 4k60 video & no D-LOG, but if it works, DJI corporate control over YOUR drone and YOUR life will be gone for good. Never update any DJI tech! Stay free.
P.S.
2-21 07:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules