5821 90 2016-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-26 08:07
I never called them... why bother when you have a couple of great DJI guys on here answering to ev ...

I also think its the cold weather, sucks that it does not work as well, I think we can call it a defective product!

2016-1-26
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

mana.ram.1974 Posted at 2016-1-26 17:32
I also think its the cold weather, sucks that it does not work as well, I think we can call it a d ...

It's not defective if it works ok above 0C (32F).  That's the specified minimum operating temperature.
2016-1-31
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-31 14:40
It's not defective if it works ok above 0C (32F).  That's the specified minimum operating temperat ...

It has not been below 32 around here so.....
2016-1-31
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

First winter for Phantom 3 and it seems to be shaking. I am sure it has no bearings with FW version, just low temperatures. Hopefully, DJI will test their products in cold environment extensively from now on.
2016-1-31
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

mana.ram.1974 Posted at 2016-2-1 01:57
It has not been below 32 around here so.....

I didn't say it had, but since you've not provided any information, how can we agree with your conclusion?
2016-2-1
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-1
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-2-5
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-10
Use props
Rodomontade
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2563022 ft

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-11 03:27
Winter is over and the temps are up, have the vibrations problem been smoothed out by the above 0  ...

Mine is rock solid now but my gains are still lowered. I will try at 100% and report back when I get the chance. I'm convinced this is a temperature related issue.
2016-4-10
Use props
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just voted and as now, 66.88% (top three choices added up) have some level of vibration problems. I have owned 5 P3Ps and all have exhibited some level of vibration(Two of them had defects right out of the box and went back).  I think we are owed some better ideas from damping the vibrations from the DJI engineers. It isn't surprising that a small aircraft with four powerful motors and four extremely fast props would vibrate. But it is surprising that DJI would deny it is a major problem for so many of us. I will add what I know to this discussion. Balance your props blade to blade, but if your hubs seem to be way off balance, don't add a ton of counter weight to the hubs to balance them. I'm not sure why, but I know that counterweighting the hubs will cause more vibration, not less. Also, vibration's affect on video is not just one variable. It is a complicated mix of variables, including the shutter speed, the use or lack of use of ND filters (I would recommend not using them because they make for longer shutter speeds which are more susceptible to any vibration), frame rate (if using 24fps, you can try 30 fps and it may improve the vibration situation), and of course wind speed can add to vibration, so fly on the calm days, early in the morning is best. And, while I hate using prop guards for the way they get in the picture, I suspect they are very good at damping vibrations, so this is another option. I'm skeptical that changing the gain settings will have any effect on vibration at all.
2016-4-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Iflewbyyou Posted at 2016-4-14 03:14
I just voted and as now, 66.88% (top three choices added up) have some level of vibration problems.  ...

' I'm skeptical that changing the gain settings will have any effect on vibration at all.'

Some very experienced flyers on here have found backing the gains off slightly does affect vibration.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules