More on the Blurry Edge Issue: The Mavic Vision Test
16391 91 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MDL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23091 ft
Australia

Sorry. How do you tell the build date? Only had mine for a week and have had the VPS sensor play up so the drone just kept going up and up. Now I will check this tomorrow as it's still inside 7 days of purchase so it's a straight swap.
2017-6-27
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans1114f674 Posted at 2017-5-25 16:15
Sent my faulty mavic back. 35 days later got it back, supposedly repaired and flight tested! Wasn't even the same mavic and had to rebind remote! How can a unit that hasn't been linked have been fligjt tested? Face it folks, the mavic camera is garbage!

Presumably it would have been linked to the tester's RC.
2017-6-27
Use props
DroneyMcDronefa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

Shipped mine back yesterday, it was received this morning at amazon. Soon as I get the refund, I will order another and post back results.
2017-6-27
Use props
HKFEVER
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-6-11 17:58
I posted a similar commenf in another thread. Dji should issue an official recall and not wait for the buyers to do the QC testing for them! 2nd unit returned today (bought on Amazon.de) and order cancelled. I paid 1.200 euros for having sharp 4K not uneven blur. I strongly believe that Dji has absolutely no control about the affected serial numbers. Furthermore, new batches exhibit the same problem, meaning that it costs them less to fix the drones to the people complaining than resolving the issue at factory level. This is really a shame. The funny thing is I am in the market for a Medium Format camera, I was thinking about Hasselblad but now that it was acquired by Dji, no thanks, I will go for the Fuji. I really hope that Dji's reputation gets a blow so they learn what customer expectations management is...

DJI won't, they are Chinese from Mainland China.  Not Hong Kong
2017-6-28
Use props
HKFEVER
lvl.1
Hong Kong

noob Posted at 2017-6-11 19:04
Just found this thread.  I have the exact same problem on my 2nd mavic, which I bought only 3 days ago, and tested yesterday.  It left me really disheartened.  The first mavic had no discernible issues, but the focus issue on the 2nd was as obvious as poliakov's.  And the only reason I bought my 2nd was because I had a bad crash on the 1st.  You never think getting a defective product would happen to you, but this seems to validate the thinking by some that getting a correctly functioning mavic is like throwing dice.  Now, I face the same dilemma : to send my brand new mavic back to DJI and risk getting a refurbished set in return or to just live with it.

I have a bad crash due to 0500 firmware (Arrived Jan 2017 with blurry right lower corner).
DJI replaced it with Care, it was perfect focus.  This has gone swim in Iceland.

I bought 2nd one in June 2017, very lot fan, the production date was May 2017.
DJI replaced it in next day, fan is not that lot, but with massive blurry lower right corner (built date was March 2017).
Going to DJI head office in HK to see what they say on July-01-2017.
2017-6-28
Use props
fansf657456e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296089 ft
Chile

Hi, I have the same Issue with my mavic, but sadly, the seller denies to refund, or change. Now I don't have the money or the mavic, because the technical support  ask me for 200 USD, to send it to China.
2017-9-26
Use props
Grog Rocket
New

Poland

Hi all,

This issues still exist in the Mavic Pro? I would like to buy one but when I'm reading all these stories about blur.... meeeh
It's 1k$ dji and i have enough problems, so it would be great if someone could write if his new Mavic Pro is allright....
2017-12-14
Use props
_tajino_
lvl.2
Malaysia

Grog Rocket Posted at 2017-12-14 01:10
Hi all,

This issues still exist in the Mavic Pro? I would like to buy one but when I'm reading all these stories about blur.... meeeh  

[size=14.6667px]Yes of course the issue still exist on the Mavic Pro Platinum, mine is soft and blurry the left side of frame on my Mavic Pro Platinum.

[size=14.6667px]You can see the left side of the frame is way softer than the right side. Could be a decentered lens.

[size=14.6667px]View the images at 100% zoom or use the links below :
[size=14.6667px]Sample screenshot 1
[size=14.6667px]Sample screenshot 2

[size=14.6667px]Is this bad enough or is it common among the majority of Mavic's camera?[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]

2018-1-10
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

To be honest It happens on might on the left hand corner. I believe its an off centred lens issue.
But It only happens in photography mode and its so slight I'm not so worried about it.
2018-1-10
Use props
Emre Erokyar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86857 ft
Turkey

Hi there,

Just shared this post with support and asked for help. Below is the answer I received. Is this how they respond to these cases now?

2018-5-29
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

This is a big issue not only MP/MPP but my MA too, it was caused by the misaligned between lens/sensor so the only way to fix is replace whole camera module. I am waiting for whole camera/gimbal replacement arrive for MA. Suggestion :go to official DJI store to buy and try right out the box, issue appears, get replacement. Quality control of DJI does worse.
2018-5-30
Use props
tb-photography
New
Poland

yolesnoobs123 Posted at 2017-3-27 11:11
Would love to see an official statement from DJI, because I dont know if it's a good idea to buy a Mavic now considering all those problems with camera.

It's definetly a bad idea! Even next genration Mavic Pro latinum also have this issue!
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules