I have updated to 2.1.1

2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

sbarton Posted at 5-10 05:39
Return it  and get a new one anyway.  You'll get a new drone and 30 more days of warranty.  Let DJI eat the cost of reselling a used unit they turned into a brick.  Maybe if enough people do this they'll get the picture that they need to work on their testing and quality control as well as customer support.
I’m going to best buy at 5pm to get a new one. I called and they have one in stock. I’m turning this in with no batteries, no camera, no chipset. Just a dame empty crab shell.the one near me never checks at all. Not my first.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

Does it work?
2021-5-10
Use props
amille67
lvl.1

United States

Just wanted to add I have yet to be able to fly located in Tennessee FPV drone bought Saturday.  Thought I was going crazy for a better part of the day.
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192520 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Windows 10 - Assistent 2.1.1 Work.
MacOS BigSur M1 - Assistent 2.1.1 NO Work!
2021-5-10
Use props
Miguel Leitão
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
New Fly Safe Database realeased!!!
Can someone test since i´m not at home?

064335t0p05600k6czp503.jpg
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

Miguel Leitão Posted at 5-10 06:56
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
New Fly Safe Database realeased!!!
Can someone test since i´m not at home?

No new bases! Only the Assistant has been updated to 2.1.1. The bases remained either the same, or they were stitched with the old firmware into glasses and a drone. Everything is unchanged!
Error Fly Safe!
Not WORK!
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

SashaLAS Posted at 5-10 07:08
No new bases! Only the Assistant has been updated to 2.1.1. The bases remained either the same, or they were stitched with the old firmware into glasses and a drone. Everything is unchanged!
Error Fly Safe!
Not WORK!

2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1049111 ft
Canada

This is what i got from the phone call with tech support. apparently they are going to send a update via to my email.  
Greetings from DJI Technical Support.

This is In line with your concern, I would like you to provide the following information below:
* Screenshot of the version number of the aircraft.
* The specific time node when "Flysafe database error" appears.

Once we receive your response, we'll take it from there. Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI!

With kind regards,

Sorry but DJI is being really Unprofessional, I don't understand why the tech support center are so clueless to any question. What happened DJI?  
2021-5-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

kewlbean Posted at 5-10 03:37
Is there a way to downgrade the firmware or factory reset the drone to original so we don't make the mistake of updating the Fly Safe database?

I guess not.

You cannot downgrade the firmware. nor can it be factory reset. Something to do with persistant flight data....
2021-5-10
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

TheFixXxer Posted at 5-10 05:56
Having ......well, Had the same issue. Purchased my FPV Drone saturday, spent 7 hours dealing with this exact issue. Tried updating on the computer and DJI Assistant 2 sees the devices but never even offered me a chance to update the firmware. Connected to my Ipad mini which has worked flawless with my Mavic for years now and it gave me the prompt to update but the firmware update for some reason can not be done over wifi it has to be done over a cellular network. Ok no problem been there dont that with the flysafe garbage on my mavic before, download the app to my Note 10+ bypassing the prompts that say this can damage my phone and everything "updates" as the app says.  
Look back in my goggles and most of the warning prompts are gone except for the "flysafe database error". App says its all up to date...drone says otherwise.

Ha Ha!!! My paperweight cost more than yours!!! lol
2021-5-10
Use props
TheFixXxer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1430272 ft
United States

Starting to wonder if my ISP is blocking stuff from DJI because i just had to tether my note 10 to my surface pro 4 with my old usb charge cable which allowed me to use my cellular network and it allowed me to update DJI Assistant 2. I would really prefer to not have to use my cell network every time this needs a update.

I suppose its not too terrible that i took my FPV back seeing as its supposed to be raining here non stop for the next 3 days. if DJI gets this fixed maybe i will go buy one this weekend
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_B9C3Chu3MbW2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 888894 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW Posted at 5-10 07:38
This is what i got from the phone call with tech support. apparently they are going to send a update via to my email.  

They wanted from me in addition the log files but no information about when that exactly started for me. I’m fine with that - sound’s professional to me … I have however other drones for flying till the problem is solved so it’s not such an issue for me.
2021-5-10
Use props
fans569c297e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468963 ft
Brazil

Same error.....
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

Well guys I’m off to bestbuy to make an exchange. I just hope the system doesn’t make me update. I’ll post for those who can also exchange.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 08:03
Well guys I’m off to bestbuy to make an exchange. I just hope the system doesn’t make me update. I’ll post for those who can also exchange.

You will need to activate it which means you will get the new Fly safety data script. No way to avoid this right now.

First time activation, you will get it 100%
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 08:10
You will need to activate it which means you will get the new Fly safety data script. No way to avoid this right now.

First time activation, you will get it 100%

Damn! Well I’m still going to and I’ll leave it in the box without being opened until DJI comes up with a fix and I see that all is 100% good. Then I’ll open the box. This is just in case I’ll have to sell it off at least it will be brand new in box and I won’t get hit with the bestbuy 15% restock fee.

I really don’t know how long will this keep on going for and from the looks of it, I give it a few more days. Hopefully I’m wrong but I will not loose the opportunity to exchange this item.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 09:05
Damn! Well I’m still going to and I’ll leave it in the box without being opened until DJI comes up with a fix and I see that all is 100% good. Then I’ll open the box. This is just in case I’ll have to sell it off at least it will be brand new in box and I won’t get hit with the bestbuy 15% restock fee.

I really don’t know how long will this keep on going for and from the looks of it, I give it a few more days. Hopefully I’m wrong but I will not loose the opportunity to exchange this item.

Tell you this much, this kind of reminds me a short term vaccine shot for our fpv drone You can always recharge the bat while you wait, it should take 3 days the most.
2021-5-10
Use props
djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1049111 ft
Canada

djiuser_B9C3Chu3MbW2 Posted at 5-10 07:48
They wanted from me in addition the log files but no information about when that exactly started for me. I’m fine with that - sound’s professional to me … I have however other drones for flying till the problem is solved so it’s not such an issue for me.

My point I want to make is, not one tech support rep has no clue about this. The connection on the phone is horrible, there is a very strong language barrier . my authorized dealer has no clue.  Funny how not one user on this forum is from tech support to at least acknowledge the problem to us customers.
2021-5-10
Use props
Infinitarium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27684 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW Posted at 5-10 09:32
My point I want to make is, not one tech support rep has no clue about this. The connection on the phone is horrible, there is a very strong language barrier . my authorized dealer has no clue.  Funny how not one user on this forum is from tech support to at least acknowledge the problem to us customers.

100% with you here.

2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW Posted at 5-10 09:32
My point I want to make is, not one tech support rep has no clue about this. The connection on the phone is horrible, there is a very strong language barrier . my authorized dealer has no clue.  Funny how not one user on this forum is from tech support to at least acknowledge the problem to us customers.

Exactly,

Admins, Mods, will never be our tech support but they are here just to control this forum and send our issues we have to DJI support team avoiding large amounts of complaints and so on... I'm sure that will be past on to another department that will deal with data scripts.

What I assume is this, they won't get to release a new Fly safety data script until they truly see what the problem is via proof. So this may take a longer process than expected.

Just saying!

I'm online waiting for any type of possitive actions as we speak.
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 09:40
Exactly,

Admins, Mods, will never be our tech support but they are here just to control this forum and send our issues we have to DJI support team avoiding large amounts of complaints and so on... I'm sure that will be past on to another department that will deal with data scripts.

Today I talked in the online tech support chat. They didn't know about the problem either. I gave a link to the forum, provided a dat file and explained all the problems. they said it would be handed over to engineers. They asked for my mail. That's all.
2021-5-10
Use props
SashaLAS
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ukraine

I think they won't fix anything until the next update in a month! These Chinese pigs do not categorically solve any problems for users.
2021-5-10
Use props
stah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1313871 ft
Poland

SashaLAS Posted at 5-10 10:14
I think they won't fix anything until the next update in a month! These Chinese pigs do not categorically solve any problems for users.

Regardless of everything, we shouldn't use invectives. Even though I'm very upset too. Service should work on software and especially on communication level witch is terrible / unacceptable so far in my oppinion.
2021-5-10
Use props
X64TNT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446171 ft
United States

i updated assistant to 2.1.1 but there are no flysafe database updates also none on the fly app .

the DJI Flysafe database error still is there

not working yet
2021-5-10
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_H5XobTTvqVfW Posted at 5-10 07:38

This is what I hate about DJI support, rather than put there hand up and say yeah we know there’s a problem and we are working to fix it they always make it like it’s everyone else’s fault.
2021-5-10
Use props
Tim Hughes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221181 ft
United States

That's how they acted this morning made me update the stupid firmware and send the report to them for what?
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 09:20
Tell you this much, this kind of reminds me a short term vaccine shot for our fpv drone  You can always recharge the bat while you wait, it should take 3 days the most.

I totally understand where you coming from and I’m one person that has patience and could wait for that fix. But for the amount of money that I invested in this is not as easy to get like others. This FPV is the price of a used vehicle!! It’s not hundreds we talking about, It’s thousands and now millions with everyone combined. If I wait those days and it doesn’t get fixed I won’t be able to exchange/return. I will risk another day. I’ve been here with this problem since it started that very night. (3) Days already.

It’s just an in case thing, understand. But I see your logic and respect it. Thank you.
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Tim Hughes Posted at 5-10 11:03
That's how they acted this morning made me update the stupid firmware and send the report to them for what?

As a tech behind the scene not in the same field but when I do ask someone to update the firmware I get the entire batch sent to that was updated from the last previous update.

Sorry to get technical but they may not even know what was updated in the firt place or to see what exactly was updated automatically or not. They rather not start from scratch and see what type of error they have for a simple fix right away. Starting from step 1 to step 10 will take a lot longer process.

From our next update, I'm sure they may also include the new feature for fpv camera also.

Just saying...
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 11:32
I totally understand where you coming from and I’m one person that has patience and could wait for that fix. But for the amount of money that I invested in this is not as easy to get like others. This FPV is the price of a used vehicle!! It’s not hundreds we talking about, It’s thousands and now millions with everyone combined. If I wait those days and it doesn’t get fixed I won’t be able to exchange/return. I will risk another day. I’ve been here with this problem since it started that very night. (3) Days already.

It’s just an in case thing, understand. But I see your logic and respect it. Thank you.

I'm on your side buddy, just remembering few days ago flying my first manual mode with the limitation on still but I had a blast experiencing new sensation and I just got it last Monday. Can't wait to turn that limitation off completely and fix my rates to my liking.
2021-5-10
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 11:37
As a tech behind the scene not in the same field but when I do ask someone to update the firmware I get the entire batch sent to that was updated from the last previous update.

Sorry to get technical but they may not even know what was updated in the firt place or to see what exactly was updated automatically or not. They rather not start from scratch and see what type of error they have for a simple fix right away. Starting from step 1 to step 10 will take a lot longer process.

It's easy for them to reproduce the problem: just update the flysafe database and it is dead.
The thing is, they should re-push the previous flysafe database again, with a higher revision number, untill they find out what has happened exactly
2021-5-10
Use props
sakis rouvas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61713 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

is there any fix yet ???????
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 5-10 11:46
I'm on your side buddy, just remembering few days ago flying my first manual mode with the limitation on still but I had a blast experiencing new sensation and I just got it last Monday. Can't wait to turn that limitation off completely and fix my rates to my liking.

Thanks, I have been holding this for over a week now without being able to fly it. First it was because it wasn’t compatible with my android phone so I went and ordered a iPhone so I can use with this which took several days to be delivered and now this update lol. I’ve been watching vid after vid while getting super excited.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. DJI just needs to get rid of that fly zone block. It’s just not fair. They can do what they wish in there country but leave the rest of them alone and let people be responsible for there own actions just like firearms, vehicles and much more. Let’s face it, if someone is going to break the law and do something very bad with them, it will 100% not be with a DJI drone. It will be with a home built.

Anyways I’ll check back soon to see what’s up. I’m currently in BB.
2021-5-10
Use props
amille67
lvl.1

United States

YonDel Posted at 5-10 12:40
Thanks, I have been holding this for over a week now without being able to fly it. First it was because it wasn’t compatible with my android phone so I went and ordered a iPhone so I can use with this which took several days to be delivered and now this update lol. I’ve been watching vid after vid while getting super excited.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. DJI just needs to get rid of that fly zone block. It’s just not fair. They can do what they wish in there country but leave the rest of them alone and let people be responsible for there own actions just like firearms, vehicles and much more. Let’s face it, if someone is going to break the law and do something very bad with them, it will 100% not be with a DJI drone. It will be with a home built.

Bro same I got mine all ready for my first flight Saturday and this... such a tease
2021-5-10
Use props
fans63b670c3
lvl.2

United States

3 days already, no solution, why can't DJI just send out the pervious database as a short term solution? why am I spend almost $2k for a "FPV" that have no support, no update, no fix, no solution?
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

I SEE THERE IS A NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE. CONNECT YOUR DRONES PEOPLE.
2021-5-10
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

I got a notification in DJI fly. That must be it. Please update if it fixed issues. Thanks
2021-5-10
Use props
X64TNT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446171 ft
United States

YonDel Posted at 5-10 13:03
I SEE THERE IS A NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE. CONNECT YOUR DRONES PEOPLE.

i see nothing
2021-5-10
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

YonDel Posted at 5-10 13:05
I got a notification in DJI fly. That must be it. Please update if it fixed issues. Thanks

It's about 530 am Tuesday from HQ location and 530pm Monday here in Toronto, Canada. If the update will be available it should be tomorrow Tuesday on my end.

Well Maybe, keeping my hopes up.
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules