Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-24 07:09
Have a great Christmas Stevo & Kamen666.

Thankyou for wishing them a happy Christmas. What about new year did you forget that or do you hope they have a bad one
2022-12-24
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

....… and of course …. ‘Happy New Year’
2022-12-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-24 06:44
OMG. I can’t believe you said that!! I have TWO Canons and two Sony’s and a load of lenses!!

I use all four at the same time for theatre stuff. The Sonys up in the balcony, left and right. They video without stopping. Then a Canon Centre stage on a tripod downstairs but that only does 30 minutes at a time, so it has to be restarted. The other Canon for quick clips, moving around the theatre.

My two Nikon cameras have Sony sensors, and Sony make one of the best sensors for consumer cameras

Merry Christmas Ian!
2022-12-24
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank goodness for that! Actually, I like both Sony and Canon. I also have 4  Sony camcorders which are terrific, but I don’t use them so much in low light. The AX53 is a terrific camcorder.

I have far too many cameras, but not one is a Nikon! I wish I had got at least one in the past though because they have a good reputation.
2022-12-24
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

All my Pentaxes have stabilized Sony sensors as well.  We'll still argue until the new year ;)
Pentax still managed to get the most out of Sony's sensors, more than both Sony and Nikon, be it dynamic range, stabilization, pixel shift, astrophoto... Only its constant autofocus sharpens differently from white color temperature... Sony dominates there  .  I haven't followed it for a few years, I ended up with the smallest KP body then.  Previously K10, K3, KX... mostly Pentax glass, some Tamron and Sigma and a lot of old honest M42 glass, because Pentax will eat everything

2022-12-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

StevoB Posted at 12-24 23:39
All my Pentaxes have stabilized Sony sensors as well.  We'll still argue until the new year ;)
Pentax still managed to get the most out of Sony's sensors, more than both Sony and Nikon, be it dynamic range, stabilization, pixel shift, astrophoto... Only its constant autofocus sharpens differently from white color temperature... Sony dominates there  .  I haven't followed it for a few years, I ended up with the smallest KP body then.  Previously K10, K3, KX... mostly Pentax glass, some Tamron and Sigma and a lot of old honest M42 glass, because Pentax will eat everything

Pentax was really good 10 years ago
2022-12-25
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first camera was a Kodak Box Brownie and then I got a real posh one … the Mamiya C330 (I think it was called) (a twin lens reflex) and then a Mamiya 645 (a single lens reflex) which I loved using. First little SLR I got was the Olympus OM1 but I preferred the 645 because it was a larger format.

Those were the days!! Picture HAD to be right in the camera. Not much leeway later unless you were pretty much an expert. I used to develop my own Cibrachrome prints which had stunning colour.

Never had a Pentax or Nikon. Actually, I feel like I missed out with Nikon …..

Edit: Oh ... I forgot my real first camera ...... it was a camera used by photographers in the 40's or 50's that I had second hand. The lens came out on bellows and it had this tiny 'click' sound for the shutter. Like a watch tick. Can't remember what it actually was tbh, but I used it all though my younger years photographing all kinds of things around me and random still life's. Anything that got in my way got photographed. Funnily enough, I went to a big department store in Bournemouth and I saw one, converted into an odd looking table lamp!
2022-12-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 12-24 07:09
Have a great Christmas Stevo & Kamen666.

Merry Christmas to you, too
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hallmark007 Posted at 2022-12-14 11:37
In any case, this is all nothing to do with Mr Plumb's second camera because he likes it so much.

Yes you’re right about this, but it didn’t take long for the whining Ninny’s to ridicule someone actually enjoying what they had purchased and using it the way he felt was best for him, your Norwegian friend seems to have a real ageism problem as if older people cannot have opinions a very extreme view that was first adapted by the ridiculous moustached cretin of the 40s who believed that blond haired blue eyed race was all that was important on this earth.

Hi, Hallmark. As we said before, please be polite and nice to other members on the Forum. Forum should be a place for discussion and communication instead of a battlefield. We again received complaints about your wordings. Thus, we give you a warning here. Please correct your thread and stick to the Forum rules.
2023-1-5
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 03:34
Hi, Hallmark. As we said before, please be polite and nice to other members on the Forum. Forum should be a place for discussion and communication instead of a battlefield. We again received complaints about your wordings. Thus, we give you a warning here. Please correct your thread and stick to the Forum rules.

It's about time someone stopped the constant insults in the forum.... Thanks!
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules