Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution.
16706 51 2018-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nsdonev
New

Bulgaria

Same issue here (Mavic Air) after upgrading the firmware....
I tried everything - IMU calibration, factory reset etc.
Even DJI store didn't know what to do. I am getting this error every time I fly since the update.

Never crashed the drone, weather conditions are perfect now, so no wind at all.
Brand new Mavic Air 13 hrs flight time only.
Checked the propellers and changed them with brand new from the Fly more combo... same issue.
The aircraft itself is stable at hover and fly normally.

I hope somebody fix this issue or find solution sooner because I really don't know what to do with it.
I loved the Mavic Air so much before this happened and I am very disappointed now that I see this red nasty error every time.

Any advice on what to do will be much appreciated

2018-5-9
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

There was an assumption that DJI engineers applied very aggressive thresholds for motor's activity. Maybe they can lower them in the next firmware update.
2018-5-9
Use props
UAStelemetry
Second Officer

Germany

Here the same problem after updating to .400. Never had an issue before.
While flying full forward and down, this error showed up.

Strange thing is, this does NOT occur when flying in sport mode ...
2018-5-9
Use props
nsdonev
New

Bulgaria

Okay then....why someone from DJI does not take the responsibility and say if it is SAFE to fly with this error.

What if I kill someone because my motors stopped midflight and it dropped on his head?
This thing is seriously my biggest concern right now!

I can see that the aircraft is hovering well and it seems to be stable but I don't think that's enough when we paid half of the price for the name and being 100% sure it will NOT fall and give you the best possible image at the same time.
2018-5-9
Use props
JonniU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91086 ft
Belarus

Hi guys.
I have a last FW and I had the same issue yesterday, but will try a new flight tomorrow - will see..
I was flying in the Cinematic Mode that moment...
Report from airdata:
2018-5-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

nsdonev Posted at 2018-5-9 13:05
Okay then....why someone from DJI does not take the responsibility and say if it is SAFE to fly with this error.

What if I kill someone because my motors stopped midflight and it dropped on his head?

My reply won't resolve your problem, but I need to encourage all new pilots and forum participants....

Just picking up on your expressed concern...  "why someone from DJI does not take responsibility and say..."  

If you feel there is something wrong with your aircraft, especially after finding / reading about similar matters on this (or any) forum, go to the DJI Support page and start a Chat session!!  Don't presume that DJI engineers are monitoring this forum.  While there are moderators and forum administrators their role seems to be advisory.  Many many times they refer us to Support anyhow.

I've had very good results using Chat support, especially when the problem is well documented.  Before you start the Chat, make a few notes, have your flight logs downloaded and ready to attach.  
2018-5-11
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

As I stated earlier in my post as I am the OP, I sent my Mavic Pro Platinum back to DJI and they replaced it for me within a week. There is something wrong with it if you are getting those errors!
2018-5-11
Use props
PltHonuuu
New
Turkey

same error with mavic air in sport mode with full throttle (it was windy)
2018-5-29
Use props
RedSun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 643 ft
Turkey

JonniU Posted at 2018-5-11 04:56
Hi guys.
I have a last FW and I had the same issue yesterday, but will try a new flight tomorrow - will see..
I was flying in the Cinematic Mode that moment...

how did you open this log?
2018-6-3
Use props
Jorge De Albertis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120187 ft
Peru

This error has been confirmed as a FIRMWARE error, that will be fixed in the next version.
Check what happened when people updated to the latest firmware released:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-146817-1-1.html
2018-6-3
Use props
JonniU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91086 ft
Belarus

RedSun Posted at 2018-6-3 07:40
how did you open this log?

Sorry, I've just seen your question. This is log from https://airdata.com/ site. I sync logs from my Dron to it. It's very helpful
2018-7-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got this today but not at the very end.  2nd to last battery not even at the end of it.  It flew fine.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PBR0M4ZMKNLQLUKD6J84/
2019-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules