Carbon Fiber Props released by Foxtech..any good?
4294 28 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just found these on the Foxtech website.  Anyone had experince with these?

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/1345-cf-sleftightening-propeller-for-inspire-1-p-1875.html

2015-3-13
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

oem are 18.88 gm pretty close  but this one is carbon fiber difficult to put prop locks on these
2015-3-13
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-14 05:48
oem are 18.88 gm pretty close  but this one is carbon fiber difficult to put prop locks on these

Do you have experience with prop locks on these actual ones from Foxtech?
2015-3-13
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

I have had a lot of experience with Foxtech - they are a great company and their after sales service is equally as good.
They have always offered very fast shipping from China.
However, personally I would not advise CF props on the Inspire. The reason being you will undoubtably change the flying dynamics of the aircraft which already has very aggressive back emf breaking.
And the question I would ask is what is wrong with the stock props?
What do you hope to achieve with CF props?
2015-3-13
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

I think the only thing people are trying to achieve is to have extra props
2015-3-13
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Availability which is no where else on the planet and customer service which appears to have disappeared from DJI. If DJI cant or wont provide them then others will fill the gap.
2015-3-13
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

If I hear just one more ignoramus ask why we're using carbon fibre based props instead of DJI original props, I am gonna explode!
2015-3-13
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

i am going on vacation to puerto rico and i want to take extra propellers any advice?
2015-3-13
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Store keeps adding parts (battery heater, harness, etc...) for sale but the one major part that we all need is props!  As for the CF props, for me, its a no.  I did see a video regarding the E600 props and they seem to be a patch job until DJI can get their prop supply up.
2015-3-13
Use props
RickRoberts01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191575 ft
United States

I ordered to see how they worked, prop locks won't work with them and they are a tight fit. I have been afraid to fly with them, only have a set in case of an emergency
2015-3-13
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"customer service which appears to have disappeared from DJI"

Never existed.
2015-3-14
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

I just order some original props from DJI big price but rather have extra props! 26 bucks foe each pair!
2015-3-14
Use props
rmpoole1302
lvl.1

United States

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-14 07:31
If I hear just one more ignoramus ask why we're using carbon fibre based props instead of DJI origin ...

Why?  Im not being sarcastic, I am genuinely interested in your statement.
2015-3-16
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Got my Fox Tech props coming in on Wed...However, they are now sold out....Now may be the time Dundee to revive the prop guard issue to protect this scarce commodity...Are there prop guards out there for the Inspire 1 ???
2015-3-16
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-14 07:31
If I hear just one more ignoramus ask why we're using carbon fibre based props instead of DJI origin ...

Maybe you should have been more careful with the ones (and the replacement set) that came with your Inspire.

Still on my first set with 120 flights and going strong.

Still... don't want you to explode so I can sell you my spare set for $100 - well I'm not going to need a set for a while yet
2015-3-16
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

No thanks ...I paid $12.00 a pair and $25.00 for shipping...I will have them by Wed....Thanks anyway....120 flights good for you....That can change in about 1 second though....Given the demand for props you are obviously an elite minority....
2015-3-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-3-14 07:08
I have had a lot of experience with Foxtech - they are a great company and their after sales service ...

Correct , this is only wasting your $ , did all this with my phantoms 1 and two . Even had the top of the line T motors and T props which were quite excellent and noisey , but not worth the time or money spent  DJIs props and motors have improved greatly  , they arent as loud as most aftermarket props
I've learned that more aggressive props , or stiffer carbon is Not the best thing for film work , maybe on a real heavy lifter s1000 s800 large octocopter it's needed but the newest dji props for the phantom or the inspire are just fine , and the new dji approved carbon reinforced quick release  props for the inspire will be in stores soon if not already ...  Just my experience..
2015-3-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

RickRoberts01 Posted at 2015-3-14 08:08
I ordered to see how they worked, prop locks won't work with them and they are a tight fit. I have b ...

Good luck buy ? Anyone ...
2015-3-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-3-14 07:22
I think the only thing people are trying to achieve is to have extra props

What happened to the two full sets you received with your inspire ?? Broke a few already ?

2015-3-16
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

I will say, as someone coming from a Matrix, these props by DJI are better.  The aircraft is smoother and quieter and personally find no need to change.  I am interested in the new quick release?  Where can I find more information on them?
2015-3-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-3-17 01:17
Maybe you should have been more careful with the ones (and the replacement set) that came with you ...

Same here , fly far and hard without any blown props , what are people doing to all these props ??
2015-3-16
Use props
drummerboyc2002
lvl.1

United States

I clipped the edge of a gate while flying very low, and it broke my first set of props.  Then I clipped the top of a fountain while flying by it.  I'm not a pro at flying quad copters.  I got it for the video aspect.  I don't care about FPV or flying just for the heck of it, so there's a learning curve for me.  All it takes is one little knick, and those DJI props shatter really easily, which I'm not saying is a bad thing.  I'd rather the prop shatter than to strain the motors.  If I only flew really high in the air, that wouldn't ever be a problem, but I've been trying to get some smooth shots closer to the ground, and that can lead to some obstacles.
2015-3-16
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-17 01:51
What happened to the two full sets you received with your inspire ?? Broke a few already ?

I'm still using the first set with the second set still in the packaging.  Someone asked a question, I answered based on speculation.
2015-3-16
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

The extra weight is going to stress the motor in my opinion. That is upwards of 20% heavier. My props are in the 18.1 gm range.

I am still on my first set too, but one tree branch, and you have no spares.

I am trying to find out how the props are made, and what resin or CA would work to improve the quality. If they do not have a soft core, I would think you could remove some weight on the underside of the prop, and lighten the heavy non OEM spinner to make the prop lock work easier.

I also like prop guards to reduce the potential risk of injuring someone. i fly on the beach a lot and the gallery has a tendency to come into my open space uninvited. The first question is always...does it have a camera...i have to eventually bring it back home, and the gallery is still there.
2015-3-16
Use props
DJK
New
United States

I see some flaws on the front edge similar to the one's on mine. Are there also porosity issues on the back side of the blades?
2015-3-16
Use props
ttrroonn
New

United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-3-17 01:17
Maybe you should have been more careful with the ones (and the replacement set) that came with you ...

That's cold.  
2015-3-19
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I flew twice today with the Fox Teck FPV props....They work well nothing fancy and the prop locks are working well.  Unfortunately, the last time I checked they are also out of props now as well.   
2015-3-19
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-14 05:48

Got my 3 pairs (now have 5 pairs) carbon fiber props from e-bay ..they ARE solid no problem putting on prop locks on them i did two test flights ...they seem more efficient meaning batterries seem to last longer!
my weight for carbon fiber props is 21.46 21.86 21.98 21.50 basically allover the place i have to balance them properly.. unbalanced the flight was fine in GPS but atti i will try tomorrow after balancing them
2015-3-20
Use props
DJK
New
United States

I would really like to know what range of prop weights is acceptable. This weight is 3 grams higher than the factory props. That is over 15% higher, and surely adds more load on the motor to speed up and slow down.
2015-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules