Vision Sensing question
844 2 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

I posted this question on the main forum but thought I might get some better input here.

I was out on a real estate shoot this morning and the house had lots of  trees and bushes around it and the lot was fairly tight causing the  forward and backward visioning system to be constantly beeping and  halting the AC even when I did not want it to. I am always very close to  the AC and controlling it around these obstacles is not a problem so I  was wondering if any of you turn off the forward and backward sensing  when shooting around homes or other areas with a lot of obstacles? I  have used the narrowing sensing feature but holding the C1 button  through a complete video would be a real pain.
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha racer,

From what you are describing, disabling "Obstacle Avoidance" is your preferred option.  This will not disable the obstacle sensing, so you will still get warnings, but it will not stop you.  

It would be nice if DJI changed the pitch of the warnings for each direction and maybe increase the intensity upon closer proximity so you could react quicker with the sticks.  And you are right, holding down the "C" button for a whole flight can be a burden.  Been there, done that!  

Maybe using a stick as a bar to hold it down would make it easier.  But hey just disable the avoidance and let the sensor warnings drive you nuts!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Based on what you've provided, you would want to disable the obstacle avoidance sensors.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules