Any chance of coverage for crash drone
925 8 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb7deb070
New
Netherlands

Mavic Pro lost control (did not respond to controls suddenly) and crashed onto concrete wall. Did not purchase DJI Care. Is there any way i am able to replace this aircraft via insurance or would i have to purchase the aircraft for 1k USD ...
2017-6-13
Use props
fans7eaeb269
New
Flight distance : 11175 ft
Russia

The same situation, Mavic crashed into the building by itself (control was lost ) . Same question: Is there any way i am able to replace this aircraft
2017-6-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If DJI determines that the crash occurred due to a product defect then they'll replace it for free, but not if it was pilot error (your fault) and insurance is something you'd need to have purchased separately in advance. DJI has its own tools to analyze what happened, but if you want someone outside DJI to investigate and give you an opinion then post the DAT file from the flight where you crashed. The instructions for retrieving the DAT file are here, and once you've got a copy of it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and then provide a link to it in this thread.

An easier -- but also less informative -- way of looking at the flight is to upload the TXT file associated with the flight from your mobile device using the instructions here, and again you'd need to provide a link to the flight information on PhantomHelp.
2017-6-13
Use props
fans7eaeb269
New
Flight distance : 11175 ft
Russia

my logs https://yadi.sk/d/GJJEnPKY3K6UCV
2017-6-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Of the files you provided I'm guessing that DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-06-11_20-42-34.DAT is the correct one. It represents a brief flight that started here and ended near the small white building to the southeast shown here. Is that the correct flight?

What that file indicates is that you took off from a location that's geomagnetically distorted, possibly due to metal near the aircraft. The data also indicates that prior to takeoff you received -- or at least should have received -- a compass interference message telling you to move the aircraft or calibrate the compass, though moving the aircraft would have been the correct action at that point.

Once you began to gain altitude (shown by the blue line below), the interference was removed and the aircraft detected (illustrated by the green background) that its actual heading (magYaw / green line) didn't match what it expected (yaw / red line) based on the previously flawed data. It began rotating (shown by the downward-trending green line) until the two converged, but that's about the time it reached the small white building.

So to answer your question, I'm sorry but I doubt that DJI will give you a free warranty replacement since this appears likely to be a pilot error related to the choice of takeoff location.
FLY_14.jpg
2017-6-13
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-13 14:56
Of the files you provided I'm guessing that DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-06-11_20-42-34.DAT is the correct one. It represents a brief flight that started here and ended near the small white building to the southeast shown here. Is that the correct flight?

What that file indicates is that you took off from a location that's geomagnetically distorted, possibly due to metal near the aircraft. The data also indicates that prior to takeoff you received -- or at least should have received -- a compass interference message telling you to move the aircraft or calibrate the compass, though moving the aircraft would have been the correct action at that point.

Impressive analysis!
2017-6-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Thank you very much. To give credit where it's due, though, I should mention that it's made possible by the tools and information I've gotten from BudWalker.
2017-6-13
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Ouch!!

The owners need to know that most DJI repairers can still repair their unit without replacing the whole unit to keep costs down.
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the crash accident, please send in the drone to repair center, we have professional data analysis team to analyze the reason of the crash. If it's malfunction, your drone will be repaired or replaced without any charge in warranty, otherwise you will need to pay for that.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules