Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fastdrone Posted at 2017-11-4 02:34
Hi Thor. Thank you to include the beta in my account. It worked well and stop the noise.

BUT for now the RC updated and shows the message " Aircraft disconnected" Red Button on the Remote Control. How Can I downgrade the version of the Remote Control?

What's the current version of your RC? I would recommend you to link RC and confirm.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

paradigmcmi Posted at 2017-11-4 11:30
Thor,

Can you please add my account to the beta? Thanks much!

Please PM us your DJI Account, we'd like to help you get the beta.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dirdd Posted at 2017-11-5 15:32
Hi,

I am having the same issue with Phantom 4 Pro, can you please provide the beta to  as well?

Copy that. Is there a typo error: don@d-f.co? If not, the beta should be available in your account now.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cmaglio Posted at 2017-11-5 19:29
I just purchased a P4 pro and it has the same issue right out of the box, the gimbal buzzes and freezes at 50% calibration. The horizon is always skewed during flight and the camera is frequently facing a few degrees off center from the direction you are flying. I have a couple of questions:

1. Why is this “beta” that fixes this issue in beta for 4 months when this seems to be a widespread issue? Shouldn’t this be something that is released to prevent new owners like me from experiencing it right out of the box?

The beta only fix the camera issue as discussed above. And it will be available until the next official update released.

As for the un-level camera, you can adjust the Roll to check whether it helps. I would recommend you try the beta firmware and make the decision later. PM me your DJI Account if you want to have a try.Thanks!
2017-11-6
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

When will the new official firmware?
2017-11-6
Use props
dirdd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 02:22
Copy that. Is there a typo error: ? If not, the beta should be available in your account now.

Thank you, DJI Susan. I got it and the calibration completed now! However, it's not center anymore, the camera is off to the right a few degrees, is there a fix for that?
2017-11-6
Use props
cmilli09
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 02:27
The beta only fix the camera issue as discussed above. And it will be available until the next official update released.

As for the not level camera, you can adjust the Roll to check whether it helps. I would recommend you try the beta firmware and make the decision later. PM me your DJI Account if you want to have a try.Thanks!

I literally just opened up a brand new box with my Mavic Pro inside. After installing all the updates, I was finally able to try and fly it, only to find out that the calibration cannot calibrate at all. It overheats and it freezes at 5% when trying to auto-calibrate.

Please send me the beta version, as I'd hate to return the product, but certainly will and buy something else if I can't get it to work, as it is literally brand new. So disappointed after spending $1,000 on this product. My e-mail is cmilliken09@gmail.com.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cmilli09 Posted at 2017-11-6 20:34
I literally just opened up a brand new box with my Mavic Pro inside. After installing all the updates, I was finally able to try and fly it, only to find out that the calibration cannot calibrate at all. It overheats and it freezes at 5% when trying to auto-calibrate.

Please send me the beta version, as I'd hate to return the product, but certainly will and buy something else if I can't get it to work, as it is literally brand new. So disappointed after spending $1,000 on this product. My e-mail is .

Sir, this post is for P4P, instead of Mavic. I would recommend you to start a new thread in Mavic section. We'll be here for help.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dirdd Posted at 2017-11-6 20:01
Thank you, DJI Susan. I got it and the calibration completed now! However, it's not center anymore, the camera is off to the right a few degrees, is there a fix for that?

Please refer the below picture and try to calibrate gimbal camera.
P4.jpg
2017-11-6
Use props
cmilli09
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 22:27
Sir, this post is for P4P, instead of Mavic. I would recommend you to start a new thread in Mavic section. We'll be here for help.

Thanks I'll be sure to.
2017-11-6
Use props
Fordflyer
New

Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 02:12
I have copied your DJI Account and have added you in.

I received the Beta firmware and updated the P4P. It is working ok now.

Thank you so much for the help!

Thanks
2017-11-7
Use props
Geca
New
Flight distance : 40328 ft
Argentina

My P4P is having this same issue, getting stuck at 50% on gimbal calibration with an endless noise. I have to power it off and on to exit calibration process. should I install the beta firmware? if answer is yes then gastoncacheffo@gmail.com

Thanks
2017-11-7
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-27 00:19
Hi, the beta is available to your account, please check. Let me know if you haven't received it.

Hi Thor,
Just to close the loop, I did receive the Beta FW and updated me newly acquired P4P.  All seems well although the weather has been horrible here any unable to fly.  Everything seems happy though.  Thanks
2017-11-7
Use props
Fastdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41896 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 02:19
What's the current version of your RC? I would recommend you to link RC and confirm. https://youtu.be/CABFbEF_QEk

Susan,
Thank you.
I tried it but it was solved when I did the downgrade .. For Now I have the follow:
App Version 4.1.16
Aicraft Version 01.04.0608
RC version 01.04.01.00
Flight Database 01.00.01.07

But Now when I connect with the Assistant 2 appears the follow message

Unknown device  ( For the RC)
For the drone connect normally

and the RC connect normally with the drone too

Have you ever see it?

RC Controller.jpg
2017-11-7
Use props
dirdd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 23:06
Please refer the below picture and try to calibrate gimbal camera.

Thank you Susan, I gave that a shot but it ended up getting stuck at 50% in a loop where the gimbal was 'falling' to the right. You can see video here of what I mean. Is that normal? Should I wait it out?

Thank you!
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Anokadrone Posted at 2017-11-7 08:00
Hi Thor,
Just to close the loop, I did receive the Beta FW and updated me newly acquired P4P.  All seems well although the weather has been horrible here any unable to fly.  Everything seems happy though.  Thanks

Good to hear. Hope a great weather is coming soon.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fastdrone Posted at 2017-11-7 16:16
Susan,
Thank you.
I tried it but it was solved when I did the downgrade .. For Now I have the follow:

Just to verify, the aircraft can still be controlled by the RC when the Aircraft Disconnected appears, right? It sounds very strange. Could you upload a short video for better analysis? Thanks!
2017-11-9
Use props
juanmc1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3526555 ft
Colombia

Hi I have the same problem gimbal sound loud when touch with my finger top of gimbal sound disappear
When try to calibrate gimbal in 50% freeze not continue
App not show any error aircraft not crash all stay updated at last version please help me
My email is juanmccausland@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot
2017-11-10
Use props
juanmc1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3526555 ft
Colombia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 02:27

As for the un-level camera, you can adjust the Roll to check whether it helps. I would recommend you try the beta firmware and make the decision later. PM me your DJI Account if you want to have a try.Thanks!

Dear Susan I have the same problem of the noise in the gimbal in my P4 Pro
I want try the firmware solution
My email is juanmccausland@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot
2017-11-10
Use props
fans5e533c13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2329941 ft
Spain

Dear Susan
I have the same problem of the noise in the gimbal in my P4P
I want try the firmware solution
My email is pulmontdi@gmail.com
Thank you
2017-11-11
Use props
Alex k
New
Flight distance : 67208 ft
Israel

Hi it seems i have the same issue ,can you please send me the beta?

alkuzia@gmail.com

Thank you

2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The above messages have been received. The beta firmware should be available in your account soon, please check later.
2017-11-13
Use props
Pulmontdi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2329941 ft
Spain

Issue solved.
Thank you Susan for your support
2017-11-13
Use props
Alex k
New
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-13 03:08
The above messages have been received. The beta firmware should be available in your account soon, please check later.

dear Susan
i did't get the beta
please resend

thank you
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alex k Posted at 2017-11-14 10:12
dear Susan
i did't get the beta
please resend

Hi, may I know the model of your drone? I saw the certificated machine under your account is a Phantom 4, the beta here is for Phantom 4 Pro or Adv, maybe you post it in a wrong thread. Please tell us the specific issue that you have, thanks.
2017-11-15
Use props
Alex k
New
Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 01:34
Hi, may I know the model of your drone? I saw the certificated machine under your account is a Phantom 4, the beta here is for Phantom 4 Pro or Adv, maybe you post it in a wrong thread. Please tell us the specific issue that you have, thanks.

Dear Thor,

My drone is new Phantom 4, after fiirst flight i notice that there is video trembling when gimbal points down. In addition there is buzz sound when the gimbal points down. It sounds like mechanical noise.

it's not Ph4.pro and not advanced, but the problem very similar to other's description in this thread.

please help
thanks

2017-11-15
Use props
palawboy
New
Flight distance : 9439 ft
United States

Hi Thor.    I too am having this problem.  Can you send me the beta version to palawboy@aol.com Thank you for your assistance
2017-11-15
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

My p4p has noisy vibrating gimbal. I need the beta firmware please. How do I get it? Thanks
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

palawboy@aol.co Posted at 2017-11-15 17:49
Hi Thor.    I too am having this problem.  Can you send me the beta version to  Thank you for your assistance

Hi, the beta is available to your account now, please check and update it.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sky Visions Posted at 2017-11-15 18:19
My p4p has noisy vibrating gimbal. I need the beta firmware please. How do I get it? Thanks

Hi, please PM me your DJI email account, I will push it to you.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alex k Posted at 2017-11-15 10:18
Dear Thor,

My drone is new Phantom 4, after fiirst flight i notice that there is video trembling when gimbal points down. In addition there is buzz sound when the gimbal points down. It sounds like mechanical noise.

We do have a beta for Phantom 4 users. It is for flying aggressive issue. I recommend that you can go through this thread and see if your case is similar to theirs. If you want to post me a video, please go to online chat, or send it via email, then PM me your ticket number. Thanks. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-15
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 21:18

timsouder@gmail.com
2017-11-16
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

How do I get the update? Where do I find it in my account?
2017-11-16
Use props
Sky Visions
lvl.1
United States

I selected beta in dji assistant 2 but no firmware listed
2017-11-16
Use props
Dare
lvl.1
Russia

Hello!

I have the P4Pro and same issue  (freezing 50% calibration)
Could you push me beta FW.  Thank you.
2017-11-18
Use props
Ray6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2929488 ft
Ireland

Hi there,

I have the same issue; just after upgrading and the gimbal is noisy fails to calibrate past 50%. Can you send on the beta firmware please? My email is ray@aircamireland.ie

Thank you.
2017-11-18
Use props
Dare
lvl.1
Russia

Dare Posted at 2017-11-18 10:23
Hello!

I have the P4Pro and same issue  (freezing 50% calibration)

account mail
dare.perm@gmail.com
2017-11-18
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Peru

I got exactly the same problem, p4p+ noisy and the gimbal vibrates a lot and is noisy also, please send me the firmware to fix this. To milton.perez.al@gmail.com
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, the beta is now available to accounts provided above, please check and let me know if you haven't received it. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sky Visions Posted at 2017-11-16 19:45
I selected beta in dji assistant 2 but no firmware listed

Sorry for the late reply, I had now forwarded the beta, please check.
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules