Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_s7lb5w3T1kXh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3114022 ft
  • >>>

Hi DJI Thor,

I have the same issue with a Phantom 4 Advanced.

Could you send me the beta update asap please?
mirceabezergheanu@yahoo.com
2018-6-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-26 22:26
Roger that, beta sent, please check your account.

Hi Thor, guess the above was meant for you.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DroneProductions Posted at 2018-4-28 04:13
Hi Dji Thor,

I have the same problem with my Dji Phantom 4, the gimbal is making a strange vibrating noise. The noise was there from when I bought it, but now it is affecting the video I am filming too. I have the latest firmware upgrade. Do I need the beta firmware? If yes my email is .

I am sorry for the delay. Since this beta is only for Phantom 4 Adv now, if you are using the Phantom 4, this beta cannot work for you.
Does the issue resolve? If no, please try to calibrate the IMU and do more tests.
If the issue persists, please kindly send us a video for further checking. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Martelli Posted at 2018-4-28 12:37
Hello,
sorry I didn't get any email at
Please re-sent, and send it also to

I feel terribly sorry for the delay, Martelli. I had sent the beta to both accounts again. Please check and update it.
BTW, this beta adds the pano mode for P4A, too. Please reply to me if you still haven't received it.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans192b13a3 Posted at 2018-5-9 14:01
I am having this issue as well and have not been able to fly since the last update.  May I be added to the list as well?    Phantom 4 Pro +

May I know the current firmware of your drone? This issue has been resolved for Phantom 4 Pro by the latest firmware V 01.05.0600, if the issue persists in this version, please provide us with a video of the gimbal status of your drone for further checking, or you can send the drone in for diagnosis directly. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Alejandro O‘Reilly Attolini Posted at 2018-5-27 15:03
Hello DJI Thor,

Can you add me to the list of the beta version for the gimbal noise issue, please?

Sure, beta has been forwarded, please check your account. Please let me know if you haven't received it.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

helioguerra Posted at 2018-5-30 07:34
Hi @DJI Thor

Same problem here with PH4 Advanced (last firm)

Hi, I had forwarded the beta to your account, please check and update via DJI Assistant 2.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

david_eberhardt Posted at 2018-5-30 15:51
I just received a new Phantom 4 Pro today and been setting things up. I updated firmware to V 01.05.0600 and associated databases. I also decided to do a gimbal calibration and it seemed to hang on 50%. I turned off the aircraft and controller and Go 4 App (V4.2.16). Restarted everything in proper sequence and attempted to calibrate the gimbal once again. This time it worked. I did NOT hear any noise when it hung at 50% the first time. This may not help those experiencing a problem as mentioned above however it does not seem to be a firmware problem.

I will be wrapping it in bubble wrap and launching my first test flight tomorrow.

When calibrating the gimbal, please keep it stand stationary on the water level. It the gimbal issue reemerges frequently, you might need to contact us for troubleshooting. You can contact our support for a further help if there is a need: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

joaobraga Posted at 2018-6-7 07:57
And get stuck on 50% on calibration the gimbal. The jello effect is amazing.

Sorry for this, if the issue is still there when updating to V 01.05.0600, you might need to send the drone in.
Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_s7lb5w3T1kXh Posted at 2018-6-12 10:22
Hi DJI Thor,

I have the same issue with a Phantom 4 Advanced.

I had forwarded the beta to your account, please check and update via DJI Assistant 2. Please let me know if you haven't received it.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-12 10:37
Hi Thor, guess the above was meant for you.

Thank you for tagging me. If users don't reply me directly I am not able to receive the notification. Thus I might miss all the comments above. I appreciate your work.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, if it is convenient, please click "reply" button when you are going to request the beta, in case I missed your message. I will also come back and review this post a certain period of time.
Besides, the beta firmware is only for Phantom 4 Adv users now, since the gimbal issue has been resolved by the latest firmware for Phantom 4 Pro.
Thanks for your attention.
2018-6-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-12 23:05
Thank you for tagging me. If users don't reply me directly I am not able to receive the notification. Thus I might miss all the comments above. I appreciate your work.

You're welcome
Perhaps you can answer me the following as other attempts has not given any.

On the P4A download section it still is a old firmware for the + controller laying available, should this not be replaced with the one from the 4P section in order to have the Pano's working for P4A owners?
2018-6-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-12 23:05

The ending of the above post should have said "working for P4A+ owners?" but for some reason it become a bad posting when i add the + sign?
2018-6-12
Use props
Andy261
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418406 ft
Madagascar

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-12 23:09
Hi all, if it is convenient, please click "reply" button when you are going to request the beta, in case I missed your message. I will also come back and review this post a certain period of time.
Besides, the beta firmware is only for Phantom 4 Adv users now, since the gimbal issue has been resolved by the latest firmware for Phantom 4 Pro.

Hi DJI Thor, I also have the same gimbal vibration problem on my Phantom 4 Advanced. Could you please send the beta firmware to the following address : raandycarol261@gmail.com? Thank you very much.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-12 23:13
You're welcome
Perhaps you can answer me the following as other attempts has not given any.

Yes, I will forward this to the engineers. BTW, except for SD card update, you can also connect the built-in screen to the internet, update from the system upgrade section.
2018-6-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Andy261 Posted at 2018-6-13 22:22
Hi DJI Thor, I also have the same gimbal vibration problem on my Phantom 4 Advanced. Could you please send the beta firmware to the following address : ? Thank you very much.

Yes, I have sent the beta to your account. Please check.
2018-6-14
Use props
Andy261
lvl.2
Madagascar

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-14 19:07
Yes, I have sent the beta to your account. Please check.

Hello again DJI Thor. Thanks for the beta. Unfortunately, it didn't remove the vibration but it's not that bad so it's fine. Hope it helps the others though. Thanks again for yoyr help and wish you a good day /night.
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Andy261 Posted at 2018-6-15 10:10
Hello again DJI Thor. Thanks for the beta. Unfortunately, it didn't remove the vibration but it's not that bad so it's fine. Hope it helps the others though. Thanks again for yoyr help and wish you a good day /night.

Thank you for your update. But for your gimbal issue, I suggest trying to calibrate the gimbal and IMU. Besides, just to verify, did the drone crash before? If yes, I would suggest sending the drone in for service. Please kindly contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-16
Use props
Andy261
lvl.2
Madagascar

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-16 02:24
Thank you for your update. But for your gimbal issue, I suggest trying to calibrate the gimbal and IMU. Besides, just to verify, did the drone crash before? If yes, I would suggest sending the drone in for service. Please kindly contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support

You're welcome. Never crashed the drone. Have already done IMU and gimbal calibration but will do it again just in case. Will keep you updated and thanks for being very active. Really appreciate it.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Andy261 Posted at 2018-6-17 09:43
You're welcome. Never crashed the drone. Have already done IMU and gimbal calibration but will do it again just in case. Will keep you updated and thanks for being very active. Really appreciate it.

Not at all, if there is any further help needed, please feel free to let me/our support know, we are glad to help.
2018-6-20
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1097188 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-20 02:15
Sorry for the late reply. If you are using the Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly update the drone to the late firmware. The issue has been resolved by the new firmware. If the issue persists, I suggest sending the drone in for repair.
Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Hi, Thor! I am having the exactly same issue with my P4P. I am sorry, but it doesn't make sense the need to send it to repair. Don't you think that if so many P4P owners still have the same issue with the new firmware, maybe there is a slight chance that this problem wasn't 100% fixed in the new version?
2018-6-23
Use props
fansfbd14722
New
Flight distance : 150016 ft

My phantom 4 pro gimbal will not calibrate at all. It gets stuck at 5%. The gimbal is shaking side to side and cannot calibrate. I downgraded the firmware and it is still doing the same. I then upgraded the firmware and it's still happening. What else can I do?
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

georgebguedes Posted at 2018-6-23 04:17
Hi, Thor! I am having the exactly same issue with my P4P. I am sorry, but it doesn't make sense the need to send it to repair. Don't you think that if so many P4P owners still have the same issue with the new firmware, maybe there is a slight chance that this problem wasn't 100% fixed in the new version?

Hi George, I had discussed this case with the engineers and they confirmed that if the issue remains, it could be the hardware issue.
Thus, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, or you might need to send the drone in for repair. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansfbd14722 Posted at 2018-6-24 10:50
My phantom 4 pro gimbal will not calibrate at all. It gets stuck at 5%. The gimbal is shaking side to side and cannot calibrate. I downgraded the firmware and it is still doing the same. I then upgraded the firmware and it's still happening. What else can I do?

Just to verify, did the drone crash before? If the issue persists after updating the latest firmware, you might need to send the drone in. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-25
Use props
djiuser_Po9ApUpR2eY7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66339 ft

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-12 23:09
Besides, the beta firmware is only for Phantom 4 Adv users now, since the gimbal issue has been resolved by the latest firmware for Phantom 4 Pro.

I'm having the same issue with my P4A @djithor. Could you send the beta to mjlenox95@gmail.com?
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_Po9ApUpR2eY7 Posted at 2018-6-29 21:09
I'm having the same issue with my P4A @djithor. Could you send the beta to ?

Hi there, the beta has forwarded to your account, please check and update it.
2018-7-1
Use props
0leh
New
Ukraine

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-1 02:23

Hi Thor, i'm having  the same issue with my P4A. Please send me the beta to oivanishiv@gmail.com

Thanks
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

0leh Posted at 2018-7-11 04:27
Hi Thor, i'm having  the same issue with my P4A. Please send me the beta to

Thanks

Hi there, I had sent the beta to your account, please check and see if you have received it.
2018-7-11
Use props
fans0838e6b1
New

Hi Thor, I am having the same issue with my P4, the gimbal freezes at 50%. The other thing is, an imu calibration required, I tried several times to complete calibration in a very flat and leveled surface but no progress during other than wait on step 1 for exatelly 5 minutes and then error 13 pops up on my screen. The drone has only tow flights and no crash happened. Can you please send me the beta version?

Thanks!
2018-7-30
Use props
Damian Monk
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-1 02:23

Could you send the beta to my account for my P4A

Damian.monk@me.com
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans0838e6b1 Posted at 2018-7-30 18:43
Hi Thor, I am having the same issue with my P4, the gimbal freezes at 50%. The other thing is, an imu calibration required, I tried several times to complete calibration in a very flat and leveled surface but no progress during other than wait on step 1 for exatelly 5 minutes and then error 13 pops up on my screen. The drone has only tow flights and no crash happened. Can you please send me the beta version?

Thanks!

Hi there, sorry to know you have troubles with the drone. May I know if you are flying the first generation of the Phantom 4, if yes, please try to first update the firmware to the latest version if you haven't updated it, then try to calibrate the gimbal again.
As for the IMU calibration, error -13 means that the temperature is not ready, please try to calibrate it at room temperature.
If the issues persist, I might suggest that you send the drone in for diagnosis. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Damian Monk Posted at 2018-8-1 13:05

Damian.monk@me.com

Hi Damian, the beta firmware has forwarded to your account, please check if you have received it. Thanks.
2018-8-2
Use props
Di Gioia Mattia
New
Flight distance : 19465 ft
Italy

1992m.digioia@gmail.com
2018-8-2
Use props
fans0838e6b1
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-2 05:02
Hi there, sorry to know you have troubles with the drone. May I know if you are flying the first generation of the Phantom 4, if yes, please try to first update the firmware to the latest version if you haven't updated it, then try to calibrate the gimbal again.
As for the IMU calibration, error -13 means that the temperature is not ready, please try to calibrate it at room temperature.
If the issues persist, I might suggest that you send the drone in for diagnosis. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support.

Hi Thor
As I said, I have the version up to date as far as upgrade, however on both version I can not calibrate the Gimbal and IMU. When I start the drone, the camera is not center and as soon as start gimbal calibration it freezes at 50% and camera make some noise and vibration.
As far as I understood you have a Beta version to fix it, correct? Can you please send it to me?

2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Di Gioia Mattia Posted at 2018-8-2 07:11

Hi Di Gioia Mattia, I had forwarded the beta to your account, please check if you have received it, thank you.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans0838e6b1 Posted at 2018-8-2 07:41
Hi Thor
As I said, I have the version up to date as far as upgrade, however on both version I can not calibrate the Gimbal and IMU. When I start the drone, the camera is not center and as soon as start gimbal calibration it freezes at 50% and camera make some noise and vibration.
As far as I understood you have a Beta version to fix it, correct? Can you please send it to me?

I understand your situation, however, this beta is not for the Phantom 4 and there is no beta for Phantom 4, so please kindly confirm if you are using the specific model of your drone. If it is Phantom 4, first generation and you had tried what I suggested above, I am afraid you might need to send it in for diagnosis. Sorry for your difficulties.
2018-8-3
Use props
Tellum
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-3 03:54
I understand your situation, however, this beta is not for the Phantom 4 and there is no beta for Phantom 4, so please kindly confirm if you are using the specific model of your drone. If it is Phantom 4, first generation and you had tried what I suggested above, I am afraid you might need to send it in for diagnosis. Sorry for your difficulties.

Hi DJI Thor,

Can you please push the beta into my account too?

I just got the Phantom 4 Pro last Thursday and I'm having the same calibration issues plus gimbal noise and shaking videos, never crashed the drone and never performed any hard landing.

My e-mail is michel.muzzetti.ventura@gmail.com

Thank you!
2018-8-14
Use props
Tellum
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-16 02:04
Darkao, could you leave your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO) here? There is one beta trying to fix this, I'd like to help you get it and try again.

Hi DJI Susan,

I just got the Phantom 4 Pro last Thursday and I'm having the same calibration issues plus gimbal noise and shaking videos, never crashed the drone and never performed any hard landing.

My e-mail is michel.muzzetti.ventura@gmail.com

Thank you!
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Tellum Posted at 2018-8-14 13:13
Hi DJI Thor,

Hi Tellum, as you are using the Phantom 4 Pro, please kindly update the firmware to the latest version since this issue had been resolved for Phantom 4 Pro. You can update via the DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules