Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
47527 1055 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Klojered
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Hey, could you please send me the beta too?
Denyskolos@gmail.com
2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Klojered Posted at 3-31 15:24
Hey, could you please send me the beta too?
Denyskolos@gmail.com

Hi there, could you please tell me the drone and the specific issue you encountered? I'd like to confirm if the beta firmware works for you first. Thanks.
2020-4-2
Use props
CSULBSharkLab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3182762 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 01:15
Hi there, could you please tell me the drone and the specific issue you encountered? I'd like to confirm if the beta firmware works for you first. Thanks.

Hello DJI Thor. I'm having the same problem with our new P4 Advanced.  Mind sending over the firmware to me as well?  Unit has ~10 flights on it, and no crashes. Smooth sailing except for similar gimbal problems found in this forum.
2020-5-29
Use props
fans0b8cf1ae
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I have the same problem with the Gimbal of my Phantom 4 pro : buzz sound, video trembling (like "floating" artefact), and gimbal calibration freeze at 50%.
Is it possible to have also the beta update please ?

My email adress is : kaparcheo@orange.fr
Thanks a lot

BNC
2020-6-4
Use props
AirMaster
lvl.2
Canada

Hi. My Phantom 4 pro is doing something similar all of a sudden.

1. Grinding noise upon start up
2. Gimbal goes haywire when turning or panning the drone to the right/left: it does not stay stable and rolls to the left and right, losing horizon level
3. Jello and shaky footage.

Please help me if this situation can be resolved. I did all the troubleshooting I can but no luck
Would like to know if this beta firmware is still available and if this will fix my gimbal issue? My issue also involves the roll motor not keeping up to keep the horizon level. My email is travishozi@gmail.com. Please send me the file too if possible. Thanks.
2020-6-6
Use props
Kaparcheo
lvl.1
France

2020-6-9
Use props
Kaparcheo
lvl.1
France

Automatic translation (French to English) made with Google trad

Hello, bonjour à tous,
This message to tell you that I found a method to solve my problem of vibration of the gimbal and the "floating / ripple" of my videos made with Phantom 4 pro.
I describe my approach

1) I managed to calibrate the gimbal by making it outdoors far from any structure in order to have "real" working conditions. The calibration was carried out on a non-metallic support.
I had already had an identical problem a few years ago (in Soudan) with an S900 equipped with a Wookong M.

2) In certain positions (or even in neutral position) the gimbal emits a noise quite identical to that of a servo motor which vibrates around its neutral.
These vibrations appeared very quickly after the purchase of my personal Phantom 4 pro and the one I use with my archaeological team in Sudan. I never had this problem with my Phantom 3 pro nor with that of the mission.
This noise had not worried me until now because I worked almost exclusively in photo mode. For two years, my archaeologists wishing to also have videos I confronted these image distortions.

My analysis of the problem :
- The Phantom 4 pro is placed on a table and powered up.
When the vibrations appear, it is enough to gently touch the camera on each side of the horizontal arm so that they cease and the significant distortions of the video stop.
So my fingers work like a small shock absorber. Vibrations are therefore at the origin of video undulations.
- To replace my fingers (it's more practical to fly!), I therefore make a mini U-shaped arm in thermoformable carbon-fiber composite (4 grams, see photo) whose arms are slightly closed.
It is fixed on the original gimbal arms with two small rectangles of double-sided adhesive, and makes the vibrations and undulations of the video disappear whatever the position I take with the Phantom 4 pro.
- A new calibration of the gimbal is carried out with the new device.

3) A flight test will however show the persistence of small undulations of the video which I still attribute to vibrations.
So I checked if my propellers were still balanced ... unfortunately not ! Balancing of the 4 propellers is therefore carried out.

4) New test flight: all is OK, but we have to see if it continues over time. Is this nacelle noise due to a mechanical anomaly of the nacelle or a programming bug ?

---- In total : Addition of a shock-absorbing U-shapped arm + calibration of the gimbal + balancing of the propellers = stable videos without "floating" arctefacts.

If this device shows a lasting effectiveness I must plan, for my next archaeological mission, to leave with equipment to balance my propellers and a small U-shapped arm ready to be installed.
modif nacelle 2.jpg
2020-6-11
Use props
Kaparcheo
lvl.1
France

Video Artifacts with propellers - Continued
I forgot to specify that it was also necessary to check whether the screws fixing the propeller supports on the motors were tight. This was not the case on two motors, and I checked everything by putting a little product to prevent the 3 screws of each support from unscrewing.
I also found that the propellers had lost a little bit of material at the passage of the axis of the engine.
These two problems are likely to cause propeller vibrations at high frequencies and therefore video artifacts.
cordially
Kaparcheo
2020-6-18
Use props
ErkoBass
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello DJI Thor, can you please send me the beta firmware as well to: ervinfax@gmail.com

I have a DJI Phantom 4 Advanced drone, and when I try to calibrate the gimbal through the DJI Go App it gets stuck at 50% forever. During this time the gimbal starts shaking, making grinding noises and gets really hot. I'm afraid I'll damage the gimbal if I keep this up.
During flight, while recording the gimbal is clearly not calibrated and has a weird jello effect in the videos taken. I'm hoping this beta firmware will fix this issue.
Thanks in advance, Ervin.
2020-6-30
Use props
Fabian Fuentes
lvl.1
Colombia

Hello.
I have the same problem with the Gimbal of my new Phantom 4 pro V.2.0.  video trembling (like a horizontal vibration), and gimbal calibration freeze at 50%. by fortune, in my case, the gimbal don´t make weird sounds or buzz
Is it possible to have also the beta update for the Phantom 4 pro V.2.0 please ?

My email adress is : fuentes_fabian@yahoo.es

Please help me to fall in love with this drone.
Thanks
2020-7-8
Use props
desantiago
New

Mexico

adrillex27 Posted at 2017-7-21 05:01
Hi ! I have the exactly same problem : buzz sound, video trembling, and gimbal calibration freeze at 50%. can I have the beta update please ? my email adress is : adrillex@gmail.com

amigo tendras el firmwarer beta?
2021-1-19
Use props
mdavies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117047 ft
Canada

Hello,

I purchased a Phantom 4+ and I'm experiencing the same issues as others have discussed on this thread. When powering on the P4, the Gimbal starts rattling loudly and there is a considerable amount of heat underneath the body of the drone. It seems when the gimbal is angled slightly down, the rattling isn't as bad and if I lightly press the side of the gimbal, the sound goes away.

I've also experienced the jello / shaky video as others have expressed as seen in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgIwh1A2pKw

If you could please sent me the beta firmware to me as well that would be much appreciated - mdavies2857@gmail.com

Thank you,
Mike
2021-7-29
Use props
BlackVetal
New

Russia

Hello.
I have the same problem with the Gimbal of my new Phantom 4 pro V.2.0.  
video trembling
gimbal calibration freeze at 50%.

My email adress is :
blackvetal@mail.ru
2021-8-16
Use props
mdavies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117047 ft
United States

Hello,

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing this issue and haven't been able to obtain a copy of the beta firmware.
Could someone please send this to me? It would be much appreciated

Phantom 4 Pro
App: 4.1.4
Version: 01.04.0602
Controller System version: 01.02.01.00
Email: mdavies2857@gmail.com

Thank you
2021-12-29
Use props
Landon.Wright24
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Hello I would like to receive that beta firmware as my phantom 4 pro drone is having the buzzing and vibration from the gimbal. my email is ljwright556@gmail.com thanks
2022-2-21
Use props
Leo2017
lvl.1
United States

Hi, my phantom 4 pro is having this buzzing sound and it feels like I start having issue after a recent upgrade. I'd like to try beta firmware as well. My email is nataliakne@gmail.com.
Thanks
2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules