Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merk
New
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-22 04:30
A good practice is to post the solution or a link to it for the next with the issue to find.

Have fun. ;-)

You're right. The problem is topic of this thread
https://forum.dji.com/thread-78134-1-1.html
Manually moving the gimbal in the opposite direction and calibrating the gimbal while the drone is facing up does the job for me.
2017-11-22
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Peru

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-22 02:28
Could you please provide me with a video of the status of your drone? And is there a hard landing or crash to the drone before? BTW, please also make a screenshot of the version info on the app, here is the route: power on the drone, RC and app, enter device, general settings, about. Looking forward to your update.

Hard landing or crash? DJI, i´m not a noob, so, please, i fly UAV´s since 2012, DJI F450, DJI F550 and other custom drones with DJI flight controllers like Naza M v2, is not a high end FC but at least i know my job, now this p4p+  that in the beginning it did not give me problems, except for the loud noise of its internal fan, but it was degraded little by little, first with small vibrations in the final video and now with this problem that has me totally paralyzed and interrupted in my work. I do not use this drone as a hobby, I use it to work, recording government constructions and similar stuff, tomorrow I have to shot a bridge video and I'm tied up. The vibration and noisy gimbal is still here, with your beta firmware and in the lower part where the gimbal hangs, it burns like hell, it is very hot. Physical state of my drone? 10/10. Please correct this problem that is affecting many pilots like me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2abar ... t%20Status.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyldvs ... ion%20Info.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7nwbs ... 2C%20Noisy.mp4?dl=0
2017-11-22
Use props
ebrowne2574
lvl.1
United States

Hi Thor,

I just purchased my drone, and I'm having that same issue with the gimbal
2017-11-23
Use props
ebrowne2574
lvl.1
United States

Thor,

Having issues posting here. I'm having the same problem with my gimbal on the phantom 4 pro. Could you please send me that beta software please. My email is ebrowne7757@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Eric
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ebrowne2574 Posted at 2017-11-23 00:57
Thor,

Having issues posting here. I'm having the same problem with my gimbal on the phantom 4 pro. Could you please send me that beta software please. My email is .

Yes, the beta is now available to your account, please check and update it.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fireman77 Posted at 2017-11-22 14:16
Hard landing or crash? DJI, i´m not a noob, so, please, i fly UAV´s since 2012, DJI F450, DJI F550 and other custom drones with DJI flight controllers like Naza M v2, is not a high end FC but at least i know my job, now this p4p+  that in the beginning it did not give me problems, except for the loud noise of its internal fan, but it was degraded little by little, first with small vibrations in the final video and now with this problem that has me totally paralyzed and interrupted in my work. I do not use this drone as a hobby, I use it to work, recording government constructions and similar stuff, tomorrow I have to shot a bridge video and I'm tied up. The vibration and noisy gimbal is still here, with your beta firmware and in the lower part where the gimbal hangs, it burns like hell, it is very hot. Physical state of my drone? 10/10. Please correct this problem that is affecting many pilots like me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2abar4g8qhcnvn/Aircraft%20Status.mp4?dl=0

Received this, thanks for your feedback. I have now provided it to our engineers to for checking. And if it is possible, please try to refresh the beta once again.
2017-11-23
Use props
WV Kokamo Joe
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

Hello,

I am in need of this beta update. Can you please email me the beta and instructions to joemidjette@msn.com please?

Thanks
2017-11-23
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Peru

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-23 04:34
Received this, thanks for your feedback. I have now provided it to our engineers to for checking. And if it is possible, please try to refresh the beta once again.

I perform the beta firmware update more than once and with no positive results.
2017-11-23
Use props
ebrowne2574
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-23 04:16
Yes, the beta is now available to your account, please check and update it.

Thor,

This has been fixed!! No more noise. Thanks for your help!

Eric
2017-11-23
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the gimbal on phantom 4 advanced plus

Account: alexandru.pricop@gmail.com

Thank you
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

w0lfy_ Posted at 2017-11-24 03:07
Hi,

I am having the same problem with the gimbal on phantom 4 advanced plus

Well received, I'll help you get the beta and try again.
2017-11-24
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-24 03:16
Well received, I'll help you get the beta and try again.

I've flushed the beta and n luck. Calibration is still stuck at 50%. I'm waiting for it to finish for about 15 minute now...
2017-11-24
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

Ok, so did the calibration with the drone turned 90 degrees and it finished with success. However, two things are happening:
1. with the drone on level surface, the calibration gets stuck;
2. calibration finished or not, when the camera is facing forward, there is a buzz coming from the gimbal and the gimbal motors get quite warm. The buzz goes away if I lower the camera by few degrees.

Any advice on how to fix this is welcomed
2017-11-24
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Peru

w0lfy_ Posted at 2017-11-24 09:05
Ok, so did the calibration with the drone turned 90 degrees and it finished with success. However, two things are happening:
2. calibration finished or not, when the camera is facing forward, there is a buzz coming from the gimbal and the gimbal motors get quite warm. The buzz goes away if I lower the camera by few degrees.

Is there any chance that a certain firmware will kill a drone? my p4p+ was fine, it will be a year, with very little use, very few flights, it was damaged little by little with the updates that came out in the RC screen, I was forced to update, with the confidence that it is better and with the fear that if I do not update, everything will go to hell, this is what DJI has us used to. Now, when updating to an earlier version of the beta version, my problems, vibration and noise in the gimbal started, persistent. they told me to update the beta firmware and continue the problem, I can calibrate the gimbal but the vibrations and the noise in the gimbal continue and DJI only says, "send the unit, unit failed, failing factory" and I am thousands of kilometers of California. that's why I wonder, is it possible that a firmare will kill a drone? Listen to the engineers of DJI, go read this thread and solve our problems, for the love of God.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

w0lfy_ Posted at 2017-11-24 09:05

Could you upload a complete video of the gimbal calibration with the latest beta firmware? I'll forward to our engineers for double check.
2017-11-24
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-24 23:50
Could you upload a complete video of the gimbal calibration with the latest beta firmware? I'll forward to our engineers for double check.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your help!

Below you can find the video files:
- gimbal vibration noise when camera is facing forward, plus some strange gimbal movements:

- gimbal calibration stuck at 50% (there are some background noises not related to the Phantom):

- gimbal calibration success with drone tilted (there are some background noises not related to the Phantom):
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fireman77 Posted at 2017-11-23 05:39
I perform the beta firmware update more than once and with no positive results.

Sorry for this, it is confirmed that the drone needed to be repaired. Please contact support.us@dji.com for a further help. Or you can check if there is a recommended repair center around you. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

w0lfy_ Posted at 2017-11-25 05:22
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your help!

So you had upgraded the beta successfully, right? Could you please help to name the firmware info of the drone now? Please make sure that there is -/+ icon behind the version, or you need to update the beta again. Here' the route for checking the firmware: power on the drone, RC, enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
At the same time, I will also forward it to our engineers to check, will get back here once I hear back.
2017-11-25
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Peru

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-25 17:54
Sorry for this, it is confirmed that the drone needed to be repaired. Please contact  for a further help. Or you can check if there is a recommended repair center around you. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

P4p+, the worst drone from DJI. Make your engineers do their jobs and fix those problems, shame of you.
2017-11-25
Use props
Fireman77
lvl.1
Peru

I am really extremely disappointed and unimpressed with the P4P+.....  too many glitches and problems, now i have a new damn problem, RC monitor image scrambled, frustrating since cannot track my subject I was recording. Laggy freezing live view, recording in 4k and 2.7k, horrible video downlink, and sketchy range overall.  Lots of signal drops whether in 2.4ghz auto or 5.8 auto.  I'm getting concerned. DJI your firmwares sucks!
2017-11-25
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-25 18:05
So you had upgraded the beta successfully, right? Could you please help to name the firmware info of the drone now? Please make sure that there is -/+ icon behind the version, or you need to update the beta again. Here' the route for checking the firmware: power on the drone, RC, enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
At the same time, I will also forward it to our engineers to check, will get back here once I hear back.

I've made the update through the remote and also through DJI Assistant and I can't see no + or -
Maybe somehow I was given the wrong update? I have an Phantom 4 Advanced Plus.

At this point, the calibration still gets stuck at 50% and the gimbal vibration noise is still there.

2017-11-26
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

One more thing that I've noticed. If the drone is titled back enough so that the camera is positioned in such a way that vibration noise stops, the calibration finishes with success.
2017-11-26
Use props
Glide
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geca Posted at 2017-11-7 07:08
My P4P is having this same issue, getting stuck at 50% on gimbal calibration with an endless noise. I have to power it off and on to exit calibration process. should I install the beta firmware? if answer is yes then

Thanks

My brand new P4P+ is having this same issue after updating to the latest software, but getting stuck at 6% on gimbal calibration with an endless noise. The back of the gimbal ois also getting very hot. I have to power it off and on to exit calibration process. can I install the beta firmware?
2017-11-26
Use props
Glide
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My P4P+ is having this same issue, but getting stuck at 6% on gimbal calibration with an endless noise. I have to power it off and on to exit calibration process. Please add me to the list for the beta firmware.
2017-11-26
Use props
Ironman2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568153 ft
Germany

Hi Thor,

I have yesterday purchased my P4P drone, and I'm having that same issue with the gimbal as the others!  : (
Account:
Thank you
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi, accounts provided above should be able to access the beta now, please check your account and update it.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Maff Posted at 2017-11-19 09:40
Works for me!!

When will be a new firmware with this issue solved?

Hi Maff, I got your PM again. I thought that you had already updated the beta firmware, may I know why you need the beta again? Or am I misunderstanding?
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fireman77 Posted at 2017-11-25 21:21
I am really extremely disappointed and unimpressed with the P4P+.....  too many glitches and problems, now i have a new damn problem, RC monitor image scrambled, frustrating since cannot track my subject I was recording. Laggy freezing live view, recording in 4k and 2.7k, horrible video downlink, and sketchy range overall.  Lots of signal drops whether in 2.4ghz auto or 5.8 auto.  I'm getting concerned. DJI your firmwares sucks!

I sympathize with your situation, but if it is the software issue as the situation of this thread, the beta should cure it. Your case is different. Please send it back or take it to the repair center, hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

w0lfy_ Posted at 2017-11-26 05:18
One more thing that I've noticed. If the drone is titled back enough so that the camera is positioned in such a way that vibration noise stops, the calibration finishes with success.

Hi there, I am sorry to tell, you might also need to send the drone in for us to take care off if you had tried reinstalling the beta. Please contact our support for a further help. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Glide Posted at 2017-11-26 09:10
My brand new P4P+ is having this same issue after updating to the latest software, but getting stuck at 6% on gimbal calibration with an endless noise. The back of the gimbal ois also getting very hot. I have to power it off and on to exit calibration process. can I install the beta firmware?

Not to talk down at you, but did you get both protection things removed?
Beside the obvious plastic protector the is a piece of foam on top of the gimbal that can be missed to get removed at first.
2017-11-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Glide Posted at 2017-11-26 09:35
My P4P+ is having this same issue, but getting stuck at 6% on gimbal calibration with an endless noise. I have to power it off and on to exit calibration process. Please add me to the list for the beta firmware.

Also think if it is not better get it replaced if it is brand new, i would do that for sure.
2017-11-27
Use props
gordonatello
lvl.1
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-27 05:52
Not to talk down at you, but did you get both protection things removed?
Beside the obvious plastic protector the is a piece of foam on top of the gimbal that can be missed to get removed at first.

Yes, all done correctly. It was only after the update that it started to misbehave.
2017-11-27
Use props
w0lfy_
lvl.1
Romania

To be honest, I was hoping to avoid this, but it looks like there is no way around it. I will return and let you know the result.

Also, I would like to thank DJI Susan and DJI Thor for the help. They do a great job trying to help everyone.
2017-11-27
Use props
Ironman2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568153 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 04:10
Hi, accounts provided above should be able to access the beta now, please check your account and update it.

Hi Thor, thank you very much for the beta firmware it was definitely better but sometimes when the gimbal is 90 degrees down the noise and vibration come back. Will there be an adjustment of the firmware in the near future or should I submit the drone for warranty?
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

w0lfy_ Posted at 2017-11-27 09:40
To be honest, I was hoping to avoid this, but it looks like there is no way around it. I will return and let you know the result.

Also, I would like to thank DJI Susan and DJI Thor for the help. They do a great job trying to help everyone.

W0lfy_, I really appreciate your kindness, and I am so regretful that I haven't helped you out directly. Hope you can get the drone back to the air soon.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ironman2017 Posted at 2017-11-27 11:57
Hi Thor, thank you very much for the beta firmware it was definitely better but sometimes when the gimbal is 90 degrees down the noise and vibration come back. Will there be an adjustment of the firmware in the near future or should I submit the drone for warranty?

It is normal when the gimbal goes to its limit degree, the noise and a slight vibration occur. So no worries. And if you would like, you can also provide me with a video of it, I will help to confirm it.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans790cc8e9
New
Argentina

Hi, having the same problem. I'd like access to firmware beta please.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans790cc8e9 Posted at 2017-11-27 19:22
Hi, having the same problem. I'd like access to firmware beta please.

Yes, sir. Please leave me with your DJI email account so I could help to forward the beta.
2017-11-28
Use props
Maff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1202664 ft
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 04:13
Hi Maff, I got your PM again. I thought that you had already updated the beta firmware, may I know why you need the beta again? Or am I misunderstanding?

Nope, i didn't updated and it's first time that I sent you PM message.
My email DJI account is:
Gimbal callibration works for my only when my P4A is tilted. In normal state it's not working (50% stuck and strange noise). That's why i want to try with beta software.

Thank You!
2017-11-28
Use props
fans790cc8e9
New
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 01:57
Yes, sir. Please leave me with your DJI email account so I could help to forward the beta.

My dji email account is   

Thanks
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules