Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans790cc8e9 Posted at 2017-11-27 19:22
Hi, having the same problem. I'd like access to firmware beta please.

Yes, sir. Please leave me with your DJI email account so I could help to forward the beta.
2017-11-28
Use props
Maff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1202664 ft
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 04:13
Hi Maff, I got your PM again. I thought that you had already updated the beta firmware, may I know why you need the beta again? Or am I misunderstanding?

Nope, i didn't updated and it's first time that I sent you PM message.
My email DJI account is:
Gimbal callibration works for my only when my P4A is tilted. In normal state it's not working (50% stuck and strange noise). That's why i want to try with beta software.

Thank You!
2017-11-28
Use props
fans790cc8e9
New
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 01:57
Yes, sir. Please leave me with your DJI email account so I could help to forward the beta.

My dji email account is   

Thanks
2017-11-28
Use props
Ironman2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568153 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 19:09
It is normal when the gimbal goes to its limit degree, the noise and a slight vibration occur. So no worries. And if you would like, you can also provide me with a video of it, I will help to confirm it.

Hi Thor, thank you again for your help. I have now made a video of the gimbal noise. It really only happens sometimes but it sounds like something is broken.

2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Maff Posted at 2017-11-28 02:24
Nope, i didn't updated and it's first time that I sent you PM message.
My email DJI account is: Marcin.hajek@gmail.com
Gimbal callibration works for my only when my P4A is tilted. In normal state it's not working (50% stuck and strange noise). That's why i want to try with beta software.

Okay, accept my apology for the misunderstanding. Now the beta is available to your account. Please check.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans790cc8e9 Posted at 2017-11-28 08:04
My dji email account is   

Thanks

Hi, the beta is available to your account now, let me know if you are not able to access it.
2017-11-29
Use props
Maff
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 01:28
Okay, accept my apology for the misunderstanding. Now the beta is available to your account. Please check.

Do not worry about it! Thanks a lot!
2017-11-29
Use props
Dinesh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4603 ft
Ghana

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 01:29
Hi, the beta is available to your account now, let me know if you are not able to access it.

Hi DJI Thor. I am using a p4pro and having the same issue. Buzzing noise on startup, yaw motor vibrating, underbelly gets warm, calibration not moving beyond 50% and am on the latest firmware. and lots of jello in my footage. Is there a firmware update that could help. My email address is also how do I install?
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dinesh Posted at 2017-11-29 03:15
Hi DJI Thor. I am using a p4pro and having the same issue. Buzzing noise on startup, yaw motor vibrating, underbelly gets warm, calibration not moving beyond 50% and am on the latest firmware. and lots of jello in my footage. Is there a firmware update that could help. My email address is  also how do I install?

Hi there, it is available to your account, you can either connect it to DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4 to update. Log in your account then the beta will exist.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ironman2017 Posted at 2017-11-28 13:23
Hi Thor, thank you again for your help. I have now made a video of the gimbal noise. It really only happens sometimes but it sounds like something is broken.

https://youtu.be/csDECfyuIOw

Roger that, I need to forward it to our engineer to confirm again. Will get back to you when I hear from them.
2017-11-29
Use props
Dinesh
lvl.1
Ghana

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 03:26
Hi there, it is available to your account, you can either connect it to DJI Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4 to update. Log in your account then the beta will exist.

Thank you sir. Does this go someway to solving the jello issue? My gimbal is vibrating when I touch it, but not visibly shaking. I figure this might be the cause of my video problems.
2017-11-29
Use props
Dinesh
lvl.1
Ghana

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 03:26

Hello Thor.
Update received and downloaded to craft. Restarted the craft, but buzzing noise still there, yaw arm still vibrating on touch, and calibration still does not go beyond 50%.

Am I doing something wrong?

Dinesh
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dinesh Posted at 2017-11-29 06:08
Hello Thor.
Update received and downloaded to craft. Restarted the craft, but buzzing noise still there, yaw arm still vibrating on touch, and calibration still does not go beyond 50%.

Does the update finish? Please try to refresh the beta via DJI Assistant 2 and check again. Let me know if the issue persists.
Besides, for the jello issue, could you please test again after upgrading the beta again? Coz when there is a vibration on the drone, jello effect might occur. So if the issue persists, please kindly upload a sample from SD card to Dropbox so I can download it. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-30
Use props
Maff
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 01:28

Everything works! No strange noise, gimbal is calibrating correctly. Thanks!
2017-11-30
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Hello DJI Thor,

This is the second message I have sent to you requesting assistance. Can you please help? I have the Phantom 3 Advanced
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-4 16:39
Hello DJI Thor,

This is the second message I have sent to you requesting assistance. Can you please help? I have the Phantom 3 Advanced

Hi MidjCo, I am sorry for I might not have received your message. Could you please provide me with more details about your drone? I would love to do my best to help.
2017-12-4
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 20:08
Hi MidjCo, I am sorry for I might not have received your message. Could you please provide me with more details about your drone? I would love to do my best to help.

Thanks for the reply!

It is a Phantom 3 Advanced and it is experiencing the same issues as just about the rest of the people on this particular post. When the aircraft powers up the gimbal goes to position itself and it sounds like gears chattering. I can tap it with my finger a couple of times and it will stop.

The aircraft is at version P3A_FW_V01.11.0020 and I have the latest firmware on the remote, which from my understanding has nothing to do with the gimbal problem, and my app is the lastest on my iphone and ipad.

None of this started until the firmware was updated and no rollback has been attempted nor do I know how to do this.

I will need instructions on how to perform whatever beta update is or resets also please.
2017-12-5
Use props
Ridowh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9692 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 01:57

DJI Thor,

I am also having the exact same gimbal problems. My account is

I would very much appreciate the beta software.

Many thanks,

Ridowh
2017-12-6
Use props
Ridowh
lvl.1
Australia

Ridowh Posted at 2017-12-6 03:31
DJI Thor,

In case it’s needed I have a Phantom 4 Pro+

Thank you,
2017-12-6
Use props
fans39060e83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 792533 ft
Kuwait

I was facing same problem After updating beta firmware problem solve I am waiting for final version form dji
2017-12-6
Use props
Celio Ferreira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 750735 ft
Brazil

Estou tendo o mesmo problema. favor enviar para
2017-12-6
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 20:08

Oh, and in addition to the info I provided, I forgot to add my email address, it isand that is the email associated with my DJI account.

Thanks again,
Joe
2017-12-6
Use props
Ridowh
lvl.1
Australia

Ridowh Posted at 2017-12-6 03:31
DJI Thor,

Thor,

Thank you very much. I got the beta push this morning. Updated it, and the gimbal calibration went through perfectly. No more noise from the gimbal, and a 1 hour test flight today showed perfect behaviour too.

Many many thanks,

Richard
2017-12-6
Use props
Jakesd
New
South Africa

Hi Thor,

I have the same problem please can you load it to my account

Thanks

Jakes
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-5 15:23
Thanks for the reply!

It is a Phantom 3 Advanced and it is experiencing the same issues as just about the rest of the people on this particular post. When the aircraft powers up the gimbal goes to position itself and it sounds like gears chattering. I can tap it with my finger a couple of times and it will stop.

Hi sir, could you please provide me with a video of this case? And also a screenshot of the firmware info. Here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
I would like to check more details on it. Cox the beta in this thread is only for Phantom 4 Pro and Advance. The account will not receive the beta when the app is not connecting to the corresponding drone, thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, accounts provided above should have received the beta, please check and let me know if you haven't received it. Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ridowh Posted at 2017-12-6 22:10
Thor,

Thank you very much. I got the beta push this morning. Updated it, and the gimbal calibration went through perfectly. No more noise from the gimbal, and a 1 hour test flight today showed perfect behaviour too.

Thank you for your feedback Richard, glad to hear the positive feedback, happy flying.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans39060e83 Posted at 2017-12-6 03:47
I was facing same problem After updating beta firmware problem solve I am waiting for final version form dji

Thank you for bringing us the attention. I don't have the specific time frame of when the new firmware will release, hope it will be published soon.
2017-12-7
Use props
fans9edc0532
New
Flight distance : 463 ft
United States

Hello DJI Thor,
After searching high and low I finally came across this thread which outlines the same issues I am having with my Phantom 4 Pro. I contacted support and they had me install DJI Assistant 2, restore factory settings, and then install the latest update. This didn't solve the gimbal vibration/buzzing and calibration freeze at 50%. Could the Beta that has been pushed out to users with the same issue possibly solve this problem? The email associated with my account is
Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

Regards,
Jeremy
2017-12-7
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 03:13
Hi sir, could you please provide me with a video of this case? And also a screenshot of the firmware info. Here is the route: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about.
I would like to check more details on it. Cox the beta in this thread is only for Phantom 4 Pro and Advance. The account will not receive the beta when the app is not connecting to the corresponding drone, thank you.

Here is a link for dropbox.... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c7b7o ... qXGXZ31zvyXiza?dl=0

I tried to keep the phone far enough away to reduce the popping interference noise but keep it close enough so you can hear the gimbal chatter. You should be able to hear exactly what I am referring to.

Thanks for your help.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans9edc0532 Posted at 2017-12-7 08:44
Hello DJI Thor,
After searching high and low I finally came across this thread which outlines the same issues I am having with my Phantom 4 Pro. I contacted support and they had me install DJI Assistant 2, restore factory settings, and then install the latest update. This didn't solve the gimbal vibration/buzzing and calibration freeze at 50%. Could the Beta that has been pushed out to users with the same issue possibly solve this problem? The email associated with my account is

Hi Jeremy, the beta is now available to your account, please check and update it to see if it works. Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-7 16:49
Here is a link for dropbox.... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c7b7ofqowcb61qz/AACX0MIdDGeqXGXZ31zvyXiza?dl=0

I tried to keep the phone far enough away to reduce the popping interference noise but keep it close enough so you can hear the gimbal chatter. You should be able to hear exactly what I am referring to.

Sounds like something there is a loose connection, is there an impact damage before? At the same time, I had forwarded to the engineers to confirm. Please wait and I will come back here once I hear from our engineers.
2017-12-7
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 23:27
Sounds like something there is a loose connection, is there an impact damage before? At the same time, I had forwarded to the engineers to confirm. Please wait and I will come back here once I hear from our engineers.

As I stated before, the gimbal chattering did not occur until after the firmware update and it starts the exact same chattering upon turning it on. I have checked visible connections and everything appears normal.

This is doing the exact same thing as numerous other issues on the related thread so I would be inclined to try a firmware fix before thinking it is a loose connection.

The longest of the videos, the one where I turn it on, you can hear the chatter and see the cam move slightly upon the positioning. I showed the other video just to emphasize that any movement against the camera should force the gimbal to keep the position but results in the chatter.

I personally do not think it is a loose connection.

Just an FYI: I am an electronics technician and  have worked in the electronics engineering field. I have a strong mechanical background also.

There is always the possibly that I am missing something but research points to something in the firmware. So, with that said, can you please help with a firmware fix while the engineering department does their thing?

Thanks,
Joe
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-8 03:17
As I stated before, the gimbal chattering did not occur until after the firmware update and it starts the exact same chattering upon turning it on. I have checked visible connections and everything appears normal.

This is doing the exact same thing as numerous other issues on the related thread so I would be inclined to try a firmware fix before thinking it is a loose connection.

Hi Joe, I had forwarded the videos to our engineers, hope they can confirm and give a solution for it. Please kindly wait patiently.
2017-12-8
Use props
fans9edc0532
New
Flight distance : 463 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 23:15
Hi Jeremy, the beta is now available to your account, please check and update it to see if it works. Thank you.

Thank you so much! The update corrected the issues and everything is working as it should now.  
2017-12-8
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-8 04:25
Hi Joe, I had forwarded the videos to our engineers, hope they can confirm and give a solution for it. Please kindly wait patiently.

Ok, well, I appreciate your time you have dedicated my issue.

Can you advise on expected communication timeframe via the E.D.?
2017-12-8
Use props
fansafddfde1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 03:14
Hi there, accounts provided above should have received the beta, please check and let me know if you haven't received it. Thank you.

Hi DJI Thor, I have a P4P and I am experience the same issue. My user is mikezaneproduce@gmail.com. I use this drone for income, so please sent this fix as soon as you can. Thank you
2017-12-9
Use props
alpgeorisk
New
Germany

Hi DJI Thor, I am also experiencing the same issue (vibrating noise & abort of gimbal calibration at 50%) after updating the firmware on a brand new Phantom 4 Pro + today. Could you please also enroll me for the beta firmware? My account email is: singer@alpgeorisk.de.

Thank you very much!

John
2017-12-9
Use props
ENGPHOTO
New
Flight distance : 3552326 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-8 04:25

Hi DJI Thor, Im having the same problem too, could i also get the update?

ENGPHOTO@aol.com
2017-12-9
Use props
djiuser_OwAf2gO
lvl.1

Russia

I have the same problem with my P4PRO, gimbal noises, and drone is getting really hot.

Can I have a beta update too, if it helps?

Eighternal@me.com
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules