Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Weight Reduction
53548 49 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
motopa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88615 ft
Spain

in my country, under 250grs you can fly over buiding and people, under 20m.
And too, you can flight in NIGHT.

250grs is a legal limit, and would be nice get under that weight. A different battery would be perfect.

Regards
2018-2-28
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Here's what the FAA website says, Google FAA Registration or FAA Fly For Fun will get you to these pages... Happy Landings!

Screenshot_20180228-124939.png
Screenshot_20180228-125105.png
2018-2-28
Use props
VocoTim
lvl.1

United States

Did anyone figure out how to reduce the weight to below 250g?
2018-7-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

wow that was a lot of view 17000
2018-7-15
Use props
AgustinMatic
New
Flight distance : 64678 ft
Spain

Lo consegui !!! 255gramos.... pero solo 5 minutos de vuelo estacionario...despues cayo como una patata . Desmonte una bateria original y solo deje la electronica, sustitui las 3celdas por otras de 450mA compradas en amazon todo aguantado con celo, hay que estar pendiente del voltaje de las celdas en la aplicacion y aterrizar en cuanto se ponen de color naranja, pues a los pocos segundos se ponen en rojo y cae a plomo.El indicador de porcentanje NO ES FIABLE (pues esta calculado para una bateria de mas del triple de capacidad)
Ahora solo queda desmontar la "tapa superior" aver si le saco 6 gramos
2018-9-4
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Superduperwes Posted at 2017-6-14 21:12
I wondered about drilling holes in the legs probably have to be careful of wires. I was also wondering about leaving the top off but maybe plastic wrapping it or something.

Do you think you could find a lighter battery that would connect? I think batter weight will potentially be the only way to lose 1/6th of the weight. Looking at some videos online it also seemed like actual weights may be a bit more than advertised.

Don't worry about the laws, I've broken each and every single one of them. I've been held up by the cops at Niagara falls and they just give you a warning. nothing to worry about. just tell them you didn't know there were drone laws.
2018-9-4
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

deniscarl.gmail Posted at 2017-11-4 17:45
They don't consider the crafts under 250 grams to be physically able to inflict any real serious harm nor damages to anyone and anything and yes it is based on science and common sense.

Actually the only contentious point is the fact that the 250 grams was calculated with bolids (rocks and other things that can be thrown away by explosions) and since a drone has less density (therefore a lower terminal velocity) then they should consider an heavier threshold for this exemption of regulations. DJI documented a research on the subject:

Exactly!! A 300 gram drone isnt going to do anything to a plane or helicopter or people or cars and pretty much everything they are afraid of.
2018-9-4
Use props
Kristian Van Der Hoek
New

Canada

TranceMist Posted at 2017-10-23 14:47
So lets say you manage to get your Spark under 250g, now what?

You can suddenly fly within 5.5 km of an aerodrome?

That’s kinda hard when you live in a city. I don’t think people are asking for permission to do stupid things they just want to go fly at their local park without being slapped with a multi thousand dollar fine.
2019-1-10
Use props
Superduperwes
lvl.1
Canada

I think you might be able to do it if you combine this:

With this:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0714GN ... ef_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Not 100% on this particular battery but somrthign alogn those lines.
2019-1-26
Use props
jeremiah bautista
New

Canada

I think there is loophole on the canada rule for the spark. They indicated that custom drome included. Which in my opinion do not include battery on the weight coz it can change. Also they did not indicate that the flying weight. So it like asking what is the weight of a car. Gas should not be included. So I think the weight of the spark should not include the battery.

Well this is just me convincing my self that it should be like that. Its the grey area of the rules.
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules