Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in Sweden.
1709 9 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Hey everyone, will be going to Sweden quite shortly and was just wondering if there is anything extra, besides what is on the EASA regulations that I should take into consideration for flying in Sweden. Also, if there is any registration required.

Cheers!
2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sweden it seem you can fly a drone but not with a camera, if you are commercial licensed this may be different, I know their rulings where being challenged through the courts, I took my Mavic once on a skiing trip I think I was flying illegally as someone pointed out my commercial licence would not suffice under Swedish law,
So I was not encouraged after that, but I have to say when flying Swedish people were no problem asked many questions and loved the footage , I left some really nice photographs for people working at the resorts.

I'm sure some of the Swedish guys here may have more official news for you.

Regarding EASA they are hoping to bring out new rules at the end of 2017 which will cover all countries in Europe under their jurisdiction which will give drone pilots a much clearer picture of flying throughout Europe, most countries drone associations and dji have been asked to put forward their proposals so we are hoping that restrictions will be fair and safe.
2017-6-14
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-14 09:06
Sweden it seem you can fly a drone but not with a camera, if you are commercial licensed this may be different, I know their rulings where being challenged through the courts, I took my Mavic once on a skiing trip I think I was flying illegally as someone pointed out my commercial licence would not suffice under Swedish law,
So I was not encouraged after that, but I have to say when flying Swedish people were no problem asked many questions and loved the footage , I left some really nice photographs for people working at the resorts.

As always, thank you very much @hallmark007 for this useful information.

Regarding EASA I was reading that apparently there will be another review on August 2017, this apparently will include the guidelines for registration.

I also got in contact with a local hobbyist group, to see if they have something else to add. Apparently they  changed the restriction about flying with cameras, but you cannot be within a 120m dome from people which are unaware of the operations or haven't provided consent.  

I will try to get more info and put it up here when i get feedback from the guys there.

Cheers!
2017-6-14
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

AACY Posted at 2017-6-14 20:19
As always, thank you very much @hallmark007 for this useful information.

Regarding EASA I was reading that apparently there will be another review on August 2017, this apparently will include the guidelines for registration.

Hi. As Hallmark and you say the laws are under review here and will most likely be changed by the 1:st of august according to the information that is public in this investigation.
Commersially licensed does not make ANY difference here, but if you have a registered company within the EU region (except Sweden) you can fly within the "normal" restrictions and this is one of the points that have been singled out as one of the drivers to change the law since it is not fair for the Swedish companys.

You can fly if you follow the "normal" rules 120 meter, no airport, not in the city ..........
IF your Drone have NO camera.

The current law is based on that EVERYONE can report you if they are disturbed. As so many countries we are divided in two parts, the ones that fly drones + the ones that don't have a problem with it, the other part is the ones that have a problem. :-(

But as Hallmark also says if you ask I would say that there is no problem, the ones I have meet are more interested about the Drone and so forth.

Have a nice time when you come to Sweden anyways.
2017-6-14
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-6-14 22:37
Hi. As Hallmark and you say the laws are under review here and will most likely be changed by the 1:st of august according to the information that is public in this investigation.
Commersially licensed does not make ANY difference here, but if you have a registered company within the EU region (except Sweden) you can fly within the "normal" restrictions and this is one of the points that have been singled out as one of the drivers to change the law since it is not fair for the Swedish companys.

Tack så mycket Flybee.

Sure I will keep everything you mentioned in mind, I will be just flying in open spaces and most probably with no people around.  Since anyone can report if they ever feel slightly annoyed is better to be sure and get a bit in the woods.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Cheers!
2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-14 09:06

No problem ACCY, be good to hear how you got on , I go to Sweden quite a bit, enjoy your trip.
2017-6-15
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

AACY Posted at 2017-6-14 22:58
Tack så mycket Flybee.

Sure I will keep everything you mentioned in mind, I will be just flying in open spaces and most probably with no people around.  Since anyone can report if they ever feel slightly annoyed is better to be sure and get a bit in the woods.

The Swedish government have ruled and we now have a decision that you can fly a drone with a camera from 1:th of August (No airports, no crowds etc) but you can at least fly.

2017-6-24
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Sweden

Flybee Posted at 2017-6-24 07:40
The Swedish government have ruled and we now have a decision that you can fly a drone with a camera from 1:th of August (No airports, no crowds etc) but you can at least fly.

Great news!!!!
2017-6-25
Use props
fishb0ne_77
lvl.4
Switzerland

Flybee Posted at 2017-6-24 07:40

great to hear that. i'm going to visit sweden in the middle of august.

So i guess there won't be any problems with taking the mavic on a plane to sweden with me?

(i don't mean problems in taking the drone on a plane in general, but more like bringing the drone into the country)
2017-6-26
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

fishb0ne_77 Posted at 2017-6-26 03:30
great to hear that. i'm going to visit sweden in the middle of august.

So i guess there won't be any problems with taking the mavic on a plane to sweden with me?

Hi.
I would say that it depends on which air line company you use, I go back and forward in Europe, and it have never been any problems so far.

And NO I would not say that you have to worry about that when you arrive nor leave.

Hope you get a nice stay.

Happy flying
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules