Airspace restrictions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansca3cb4cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85269 ft
United States

My last flight attempt was dismal.  I was 1.7 miles from an airport in Class D airspace, but I contacted the control tower and got permission to fly my drone.  The drone would not lift off and I spent an hour trying to shoot this site.  Got four 10-minute videos of my helipad and went through a battery and a half dinking around while my client watched.  Not the most professional display of competence I have had.  I also went onto DJI’s app, which has been recently updated with restrictions for airspace but it did not allow flights in Class D Airspace in any situation, even with control tower permission.  I attempted to override the warning and was sent a text message with a code, which I typed into the iPad, but was denied three times.  Any workaround for this?
2017-6-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If I had a business that required drone photography, I'd get a P2V+ as a back up.  That way, any issues one might have re NFZs could usually be resolved quite easily.  

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc?w&www=v1

Another thing I'd carry around is RF blocking tape which would effectively block the GPS signal and allow flight in ATTI.  

I'd also consider using a flight app besides Go, such as Litchi.  

2017-6-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fansca3,

Besides Mark's suggestions, you might also try to disable the GEO option in the General Settings.  You could test all these options at the previous location to see what works.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules