After update now in NFZ!!!!!!
1551 10 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masdog
lvl.2
United States

So i'm within 5 miles of a non towered airport in uncontrolled G airspace. I have been flying here with no issues after self authorizing. After update now I can't take off at all????? Says NFZ which is incorrect!!!!!!! I thought they were fixing these NFZ issues. My other buddy hasn't updated his yet and hes able to self authorize and take off, so it's def from the firmware update. What are the next steps in getting this corrected from DJI?!?!?!?
2017-6-14
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I dont believe there is any resolution. They have put a me in a NFZ because of a school 2 miles away. Good thing there were no restrictions with the new update.
2017-6-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

All NFZ errors should be reported to flysafe@dji.com, hope you get it sorted soon. It took a few back and forths before my issue was resolved.
2017-6-14
Use props
Masdog
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-14 12:47
All NFZ errors should be reported to flysafe@dji.com, hope you get it sorted soon. It took a few back and forths before my issue was resolved.

Thanks. I will send a report now!
2017-6-14
Use props
Air5757
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87552 ft
United States

All these NFZs will cause lots of upset flyers. Especially, if they are not correct. Since when was a school a no fly zone>? never heard of that before.
2017-6-14
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Apologies for hijack, I started a thread a week ago about not being able to fly in "warning zone" around a school, oddly I can still fly at the airport
2017-6-14
Use props
mmv|Creative
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-14 12:47

I am currently in back and forth hell with them regarding my NFZ.  Could you please tell me a bit about your story, and what I need to do to make this move forward?

Summary of my situation, my city (Columbus, GA) is next to Fort Benning (Large military installation).  Since DJI uses circles to zone off restricted areas, they ENGULFED my entire city incorrectly.  So they want me to get authorization from a Military Installation, and fort benning will not allow me to.  But I am not flying nowhere near the military base.  Its because of the large incorrect zoning.
2017-6-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

mmv|Creative Posted at 2017-6-16 07:16
I am currently in back and forth hell with them regarding my NFZ.  Could you please tell me a bit about your story, and what I need to do to make this move forward?

Summary of my situation, my city (Columbus, GA) is next to Fort Benning (Large military installation).  Since DJI uses circles to zone off restricted areas, they ENGULFED my entire city incorrectly.  So they want me to get authorization from a Military Installation, and fort benning will not allow me to.  But I am not flying nowhere near the military base.  Its because of the large incorrect zoning.

Yikes, I see the problem. Here's my long story. Perhaps if you provide screengrabs of the FAA map showing the official non-round definitioin of restricted airpspace? You'll likely have to keep at them, perhaps escalating if necessary, and focusing on one support agent if you get one that seems to understand the issue. The language barrier is pretty tough, sadly, but I do feel the support team tries to do the right thing -- good luck and keep us aprised!
2017-6-16
Use props
kneeL
New
Flight distance : 6283 ft
United States

I believe you can simply downgrade using DJI Assistant
2017-6-16
Use props
mmv|Creative
lvl.2
United States

kneeL Posted at 2017-6-16 14:05
I believe you can simply downgrade using DJI Assistant

to which firmware would i have to update to, to bypass the NFZ mandatory no fly?  I upgraded to the latest (800), then downgraded to the 700, and it still wouldn't let me fly due to NFZ
2017-6-16
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Air5757 Posted at 2017-6-14 13:31
All these NFZs will cause lots of upset flyers. Especially, if they are not correct. Since when was a school a no fly zone>? never heard of that before.

idk but check this map out it shows everything with nfz even the schools http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules