DJI GO 4 app stops in the middle of flying
1293 5 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeep_Daddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136726 ft
United States

As the title states, the DJI GO 4 app just stops working all of a sudden for no reason that I know of.  My phone is a Samsung S6; batteries were charged plenty.  About the only thing I can think of is that the little cable from controller to phone is not the greatest and may wiggle and cause it to stop resoponding.  I have not had an issue with loosing control of the Mavic, and I was able to simply start the DJI GO 4 app again and it worked fine.  But it did stop twice today in one flight.  I think one time was because my stupid Samsung did a software update early this morning and everything looks different now.  I hate it when they keep updating the app.  Now the fonts are tiny and hard to see.  I think my phone interupted my flight to tell me about the new features of the android software operating system.  I don't think I'll like it when a phone call comes in either.  If I put the phone in airplane mode, then I can't capture video and photos to my phone.  I may have to just not use that feature.

Anyway, do you guys agree that the little cable might be the problem?  Or is the app a little unreliable?

2017-6-14
Use props
Frustrated beyo
lvl.1
United States

Jeep Daddy, it's not the cable. I flew my mavic for a solid two months with my Samsung S7 and didn't have a single problem. Flew batteries to 25% over 15 minutes of flight time and the app and phone were rock solid. Samsung pushed an update to the phone and now I get about 5 minutes before the go4 app closes and I have to restart in flight. I am afraid to fly because the app is so unstable with the phone. There are many posts about this in the forum and I wish an Administrator would direct us android users to a fix. I now have to fly with an iPad as it seems to operate normally. Sorry dude us android users are out in the cold
2017-6-14
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

I had app crashes every flight until I downgraded to Android 6. So far I have had a couple of short flights and it appears to work fine now.
2017-6-14
Use props
Jeep_Daddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136726 ft
United States

Ron in Utah Posted at 2017-6-14 21:24
I had app crashes every flight until I downgraded to Android 6. So far I have had a couple of short flights and it appears to work fine now.

Ok, that's what I thought.  Androids suck with this app.  I am about to order an iPad.  I don't really like Apple products since I've always been a PC guy but if the iPad is more reliable then that's what I'll do.  I hope that using the WiFi only version with 32GB of ram is ok.  I will only use this iPad to surf the net, read Kindle, and fly my Mavic.  Nothing else.
2017-6-16
Use props
fans6a217e16
New
Flight distance : 584 ft
United States

I am also finding the app incredibly unstable!
2017-6-16
Use props
S. P. Roth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Use the iphone 7S. Had the last days the same problem. After hundred flights I'll change the cable. Hope the best.
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules