My DJI GO 4 app doesn't look the same as many tutorial videos
846 4 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeep_Daddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136726 ft
United States

So I've been watching many Youtube videos on how to do this and that with my new Mavic Pro and noticed that my app is similar, but not the same as ANY of the tutorials have been displaying.  I'm assuming that DJI has done quite a few improvements on this app but I want to know if the newest app is the best or if I can go back to an earlier version that might be better.   Or is this even possible.  

When I used the DJI Assistant 2 app to do a firmware update, I was a little confused because there seemed to be some other choices of firmware, or possibly different app software to choose from.  Can someone explain this?
2017-6-14
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

There have been changes to the layout and especially to the font and size of the main numbers at the bottom of the image. Additionally many tutorial videos are shot on iOS devices which is different again.
2017-6-15
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

And if your using Andyroids, it can depend on the OS Rev. as well...
2017-6-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

There are also tutorials that focus on DJI Go, whereas you really want to be using DJI Go 4 for the Mavic. Like others noted, earlier tutorials may lack features available on newer app versions, expose interface variations between versions and OS platforms. This last point, inconsistency between iOS and Android versions, is a real sticking point and cause of confusion.

DJI Assistant 2 allows you to revert to an earlier firmware version, which is sometimes helpful in diagnosing problems or when unforeseen compatibility issues with a new firmware release interfere with your ability to fly.

I personally appreciate the additional features available in the most up-to-date app release, but YMMV.  

2017-6-15
Use props
Jeep_Daddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136726 ft
United States

Thanks guys.  I appreciate the replies.
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules