7497 58 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2030b409
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39035 ft
France

I am French,

I was wounded by the Spark trying to test gestures. I do not understand what happened, the drone advanced towards me, without detecting me.
I was able to protect my face with my arm.
I am not a beginner with several drones at Parrot
BRAS2.JPG

2017-6-14
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

With or without protection of the drone?
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are deeply sorry that the Spark hurts your arm, please go to the hospital to deal with your wounds firstly. For Spark, please contact Support to create a ticket (http://www.dji.com/support) and then send it in our service center to make data analysis. Apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-6-15
Use props
fans2030b409
lvl.2
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 00:22
We are deeply sorry that the Spark hurts your arm, please go to the hospital to deal with your wounds firstly. For Spark, please contact Support to create a ticket (http://www.dji.com/support) and then send it in our service center to make data analysis. Apologize for the trouble caused.

Contacted the support europe who answered me to read the instructions! Scandalous,
I am not a beginner and am a photographer reporter.

The obstacle detection of the drone did not work.

In this version the protections are not delivered.

number 585983

Nous sommes sincèrement navrés d'apprendre que votre première expérience avec votre Spark se soit changée en mésaventure.
Préalablement à toute utilisation de drones, les utilisateurs doivent prendre consciencieusement connaissance des manuels d'utilisation,
avertissements et consignes de sécurité mis à disposition de tous (les versions les plus actualisées se trouvant sur les pages internet dédiées de chacun de nos produits).

Nous restons à votre disposition pleine et entière pour toute question, et vous souhaitons un prompt rétablissement.

Sincèrement,
Support6.NL
DJI NL Technical Support
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:30 to 18:00 (Amsterdam Time UTC+01:00)
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans2030b409 Posted at 2017-6-15 01:20
Contacted the support europe who answered me to read the instructions! Scandalous,
I am not a beginner and am a photographer reporter.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, I suggest you to send in the drone to repair center to do the data analysis, we will help to figure our what happened. Please click the link below to create a ticket: http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 00:22

If you look at my thread" potential problem with spark" I predicted this would happen if prop guards were not included. soon, thousands of people will be launching the spark from the palm of there hands with no prop guards, yikes!!!!!!
2017-6-15
Use props
fans2030b409
lvl.2
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 01:36
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, I suggest you to send in the drone to repair center to do the data analysis, we will help to figure our what happened. Please click the link below to create a ticket: http://www.dji.com/service/repair

I can not create a ticket from this page
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-15 01:59
If you look at my thread" potential problem with spark" I predicted this would happen if prop guards were not included. soon, thousands of people will be launching the spark from the palm of there hands with no prop guards, yikes!!!!!!

It's highly recommended to install the Spark Propeller Guards before using Gesture Mode to ensure safety. It's just the Propeller Guard hasn't been shipped until the end of June.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans2030b409 Posted at 2017-6-15 02:04
I can not create a ticket from this page

Then please contact our support for further assistance, they will help to create the ticket.
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Go to opening page , dji support then repair you can do it from there.
2017-6-15
Use props
fans7dd18b97
lvl.1
United States

Bahahahahaha seriously?? You call those injuries??
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

They look like old injuries not very fresh where's the blood.
2017-6-15
Use props
swerly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31562 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-15 04:14

I'm thinking the same thing... cat accident
2017-6-15
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

There we go, I can't believe DJI is selling SPARK (not COMBO) without "prop guards". Also, now that SPARK will be on the hands of non "youtubers" that received the device for free, all the issues are going to start to show.
2017-6-15
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
United States

There we go, I can't believe DJI is selling SPARK (not COMBO) without "prop guards". Also, now that SPARK will be on the hands of non "youtubers" that received the device for free, all the issues are going to start to show. Can you imagine someone less experient in this situation, what would happen !!!
2017-6-15
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
United States

Là nous allons, je ne peux pas croire que DJI vend SPARK (pas COMBO) sans "support de sécurité". En outre, maintenant que SPARK sera sur les mains de non "youtubers" qui ont reçu l'appareil gratuitement, tous les problèmes vont commencer à montrer. Pouvez-vous imaginer quelqu'un moins expérimenté dans cette situation, que se passerait-il !!!
2017-6-15
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
United States

"Prior to any use of drones, users must conscientiously be aware of the user manuals, Warnings and safety instructions made available to everyone (the most up-to-date versions available on the dedicated web pages of each of our products)" . DJI is just "joking" , right? So, they sell a gesture drone, without the "guards", the proximity sensor fails , and "read the instructions " ?
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 03:58
It's highly recommended to install the Spark Propeller Guards before using Gesture Mode to ensure safety. It's just the Propeller Guard hasn't been shipped until the end of June.

If I'm not mistaken the propeller guards are not even included with $499.00 spark.
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

swerly Posted at 2017-6-15 04:38

It's hard to say, it would look like this if the picture was taken after the ER visit, I think I see at least one stitch?
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-15 04:14

I'm sure some are thinking this is my thread that I created to prove my point but this is not the case, I'm a hardcore conservative. If I were a far left liberal democrat then I would do something like this.
2017-6-15
Use props
CloneCommander
lvl.1
United States

So DJI ships a $499 drone without guards, but recommends not using  the highlighted feature until they sell a $19 accessory? Sounds like lawsuits are coming and the payout will be propeller guards
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CloneCommander Posted at 2017-6-15 05:25
So DJI ships a $499 drone without guards, but recommends not using  the highlighted feature until they sell a $19 accessory? Sounds like lawsuits are coming and the payout will be propeller guards

I've been saying the same thing since I first say the spark may 24th, I've been accused of trolling by Tahoe Ed  and have been ridiculed by many for expressing my concerns now the chickens are about to come home to roost for DJI.
2017-6-15
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wow that's no good.  This definitely remind me to test with pops guards on, or even mask when my Spark arrive tomorrow
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-15 06:07
I've been saying the same thing since I first say the spark may 24th, I've been accused of trolling by Tahoe Ed  and have been ridiculed by many for expressing my concerns now the chickens are about to come home to roost for DJI.

It is a bit strange it didn't come with guards, dji would have covered themselves, now there leaving themselves open .
At least if you had the guards, if you didn't use them then you only have yourself to blame, although these are not toys they certainly look like toys especially to small children , and I can see them running up to grab them.
I think in China these guards can't cost more than $5 . A big danger is not only grabbing them but as you know once you try to impede a motor these craft can end up in your face very easy.
I hope not many accidents happen , but I agree there could be problems with this little aircraft and for the sake of $5 STRANGE.
2017-6-15
Use props
alexyanet
lvl.1
United States

There will be hundreds of incidents like this. Dji should definitely include the prop guards especially when they are targeting novice consumers with no experience flying a drone. Including me!!! Lucky for me I purchased the combo which includes the prop guards. DJI should definitely consider shipping out these sparks with the prop guards!!!!!!
2017-6-15
Use props
todoweb
lvl.2
France

Because of my bad English, I do not answer those who ask me about my blessings. They are superficial, but they have seen the time on the face ...
I am not unhappy with Spark, but with the response from European customer service. It's scandalous.
For a free handed UAV, if the anti-collision system does not work, this can be dangerous.
2017-6-15
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

swerly Posted at 2017-6-15 04:38

Cat scratches are thinner and usually wavy. I know, I have two cats from the loin of Satan. These looks like prop strikes.  
2017-6-15
Use props
todoweb
lvl.2
France

Because of my bad English, I do not answer those who ask me about my blessings. They are superficial, but they have seen the time on the face ...
I am not unhappy with Spark, but with the response from European customer service. It's scandalous.
For a free handed UAV, if the anti-collision system does not work, this can be dangerous. Especially to make Selfie with my family

The manuals do not exist in French.

(I change my Usernam)
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-15 06:41
It is a bit strange it didn't come with guards, dji would have covered themselves, now there leaving themselves open .
At least if you had the guards, if you didn't use them then you only have yourself to blame, although these are not toys they certainly look like toys especially to small children , and I can see them running up to grab them.
I think in China these guards can't cost more than $5 . A big danger is not only grabbing them but as you know once you try to impede a motor these craft can end up in your face very easy.

5 dollars each is being very generous, a few pennies worth a plastic and paying there employees 30 dollars a month I was thinking closer to 80 cent a piece to manufacture??
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-15 07:41
5 dollars each is being very generous, a few pennies worth a plastic and paying there employees 30 dollars a month I was thinking closer to 80 cent a piece to manufacture??

Agree, whatever they cost I'm sure it would have cost them less in the long run, Maybe we should start a thread for voucher for those who only purchased Spark on its own, because I'm also thinking inexperienced pilots using phone to control spark in close quarters could be a real problem.

I can see it now on this forum over the next couple of weeks/months. My spark out of control I didn't push anything just headed straight for the wife and kids smashed into a wall . Will warranty cover me.

Just took off smashed into a tree I didn't touch anything etc etc etc......
2017-6-15
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
United States

todoweb Posted at 2017-6-15 07:07
For a free handed UAV, if the anti-collision system does not work, this can be dangerous. Especially to make Selfie with my family

1st , your English is pretty good!! . 2nd I am glad you are fine, that is the most important. 3rd I hope for the sake of DJI reputation that you got a fault unit, and they will replace , because if this is an issue on SPARK design, that will be a very bad thing, even worse to sell units without the "guard"
2017-6-15
Use props
Wednesday
lvl.4
United States

todoweb Posted at 2017-6-15 07:07

1er, votre anglais est assez bon !! . 2 ° Je suis content que vous soyez bien, c'est le plus important. 3 J'espère pour la réputation de DJI que vous avez une unité de faute, et ils vont remplacer, car si cela pose problème sur le design SPARK, ce sera une très mauvaise chose, pire encore pour vendre des unités sans le "garde"
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

If you have already sent in your drone, please provide the case number to us.
If not, please export the flight data for us to analyze. We care much about your concern and apologize sincerely for the trouble caused, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Please connect Spark to DJI Assistant 2, export the following data. We will help to figure out the reason of the crash. Thank you for your cooperation.
flight data.png
2017-6-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

After flying the spark it's really terrifying palm launch and landing, it's like reaching out to grab a buzz saw. The props on the spark are spinning really fast even just hovering and are very sharp. Also  it sounds like a weed wacker at full throttle.
2017-6-16
Use props
Stormer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28468 ft
Czechia

When I put my hand under Spark it goes up.. but when I put it in front of Spark, it does nothing (only warning beeps)....
2017-6-16
Use props
Safari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Dont you think Mindy that it was a big slap in the face of the "dear valued customers" not to include the prop guards in ALL the Spark package. Or maybe wait for the props to be ready before shiping the  Spark? I wonder who is this Genius in the marketing department of yours...
2017-6-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Safari Posted at 2017-6-16 11:07
Dont you think Mindy that it was a big slap in the face of the "dear valued customers" not to include the prop guards in ALL the Spark package. Or maybe wait for the props to be ready before shiping the  Spark? I wonder who is this Genius in the marketing department of yours...

I think people that work in the design department at DJI are geniuses and the people that work in the marketing department are clueless...
2017-6-16
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

To go on record I also got a Spark Injury when landing on my right had. Prop Guards would not had helped. No blood or cut. but a good wack on my right thumb. should be okay thought but will report back. After doing many palm takeoffs and landings I do notice that the Spark does have a tendency to come towards you even when indoors with no wind.  it also has a tendency to move to the right a little with no wind.
2017-9-7
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cut my finger on the spark props once, but this was entirely my own fault.

I nearly always fly with the prop guards.  I'm not a frequent user of gestures, but I do use them occasionally.  I have had some occasional "drift" when I've launched, but nothing I wasn't prepared for.
2017-9-7
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Ι cut my hand too. Yes it was my fault. It's a small scratch no need of extra carring...
2017-9-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules