DJI Spark won't find aircraft SSID
51968 47 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_A2qdg3O
New
United States

Hi all, I'm a new owner (one week) of a Spark.  I too had connection issues with the RC or the Spark.  I could connect to one or the other, but not both.  On my 3rd day, I was able to fully connect to both, and everything seemed fine, but on the 4th day, it went back to only connecting to one device at a time.  

I saw a youtube clip where the guy connected his RC directly to his phone using a OTG cable.  I went down to my local Best Buy, bought one for about $7 and it fixed my connection issues.

Since I'm a newbie here, it won't let me link to that video, but an OTG Cable has one end a micro USB and the other end a female (not the usual male) connection at the other end.  I plugged the micro USB into the RC, then a normal iPhone cable to the OTG and iPhone.  Worked for me.
2017-8-1
Use props
Only1Stilly
New
United Kingdom

Hi A2qdg3 I do not have the controller. So can't use an otg cable. For users who just have the spark and a mobile, we cannot connect to the spark without resetting the WiFi
2017-8-5
Use props
Videocreativ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27900 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 20:25
Please refer to 3#, power on the aircraft and press and hold the Intelligent Flight Battery Switch for six seconds. When the aircraft makes a beeping sound, connect the aircraft to DJI GO 4. Then you can search the Spark's Wi-Fi in your mobile device.

So, after reset, connect aircraft to DJI GO 4. How to connect if there is no wifi, and finally you say to connect on mobile ... ???????? I reset everytime when i power on, then power off, then i see it in wifi list (on the phone) then fly. And after turn off, i make the same steps to connect. Is not normally. I buyed the Spark yesterday.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

djiuser_A2qdg3O Posted at 2017-8-1 18:45
Hi all, I'm a new owner (one week) of a Spark.  I too had connection issues with the RC or the Spark.  I could connect to one or the other, but not both.  On my 3rd day, I was able to fully connect to both, and everything seemed fine, but on the 4th day, it went back to only connecting to one device at a time.  

I saw a youtube clip where the guy connected his RC directly to his phone using a OTG cable.  I went down to my local Best Buy, bought one for about $7 and it fixed my connection issues.

Please ensure that your RC  is the latest version. I would not recommend you use OTG cable. You can also try to reset your wifi. Here is the link:
2017-9-7
Use props
emptybutfull
New

Philippines

fans5005e7ab Posted at 2017-6-19 16:38
Hi,
My Spark does not show up on the list of available wifi connections either. I've tries holding down the power button for both 6 seconds and 9 seconds, however, the aircraft does not beep. Any suggestions on how to get it to connect?  I am trying to connect it to DJI Go 4 (version 4.1.2) on a iphone 7.

I have this same issue. How to trouble shoot this kind of problem?

I am initially testing my spark, a few minutes after safe landing, I'm checking the settings then suddendly the spark just turns off.

When I restart it, I press the powerbutton twice and the lights is on but no beep spund. When I check the dji app, , the wifi cannot be detected. I wonder why.

Anyone can help me please? I appreciate it.

2017-10-15
Use props
cwsparky
New

United Kingdom

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-15 14:32
The thing I found was that IF you have the Remote Control, you want to flip it over and take the WiFi and Password from the Remote Controller, not the Spark AC.

DJI links the RC to the AC at the factory.  If you want to fly with the Remote Control and your phone / tablet, this is the correct way to do it.

If you've bought the Spark Combo is it the case that the Drone's wifi is in some way disabled ?

I can see the RC wifi but not the drone's
2018-1-4
Use props
Thomas Lattanzio
New

Belgium

Hello, I contact this day dji support to know their position about this issue.
Dji position: they communicate me a list of iOS & Android supported phone ( S6,S7,..) .
Other smartphone can have problem to connect.

Workaround: 9s reset at each starting of spark.
2018-8-6
Use props
fansf2201f42
New

So I bought a used spark. I did the WiFi reset both 6 seconds and 9 seconds. And still the ssid isn’t matching the one inside the spark. No using rc only iphone7
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules