How can I replace the RC battery myself?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89603 ft
United States

After reading all the horror stories about dji's turn around time to repair equipment, ie, getting wrong drone back, taking months to get equip back and in this forum and others it goes on and on.  
My P4 rc will no longer take a charge.  I am still well within warrenty to have it replaced or repaired but I don't have any confidence in dji support.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to replace the P4 RC battery?

I sure would appreciate it.
Dan
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The batteries for the P4 RCs aren't available as spare parts for purchase. Using a 3rd party battery in its stead would not guarantee that it will function properly afterwards. If you're within your warranty period and you have not already started taking the RC apart or modded it, the best course of action would be to send the unit in to get it replaced at no cost to you. You would receive a shipping label in order to send the RC in as well.
2017-6-15
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think there are a few videos on youtube showing this.
2017-6-15
Use props
Crab Life
lvl.1
Flight distance : 768583 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that you have the same problem as the rest of us but you can't replace the battery that's why they don't sell them you going to have to buy a new controller join the club.
2017-6-15
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

The situation is the same for P3 users; mine recently went dead after a few months pause in use. I contacted the European DJI  Repair Center to discover that they couldn't replace the battery either! Incidentally the Phantom flies fine with the RC controller connected to its charging supply. So I had a look inside (mine's out of warranty now) and discovered that the battery has 0.00 V at the lead ends. This is weird for a weak LiPo. The story is that there is a small balancing circuit board hidden in the end of the RC battery (probably the price of using the same charger for the flight batteries and the RC unit). I believe that it is that circuit which is dead. So I am going to try to do a DIY repair with a RX-TX battery used for other RC units. This is an inexpensive repair, but you must be aware that with a 2S1P battery you will need to balance the two cells from time to time (add an external plug to the controller).
If you're still under warranty, send it back. Otherwise, there may be an alternative...
Have fun & good flying!
2017-6-16
Use props
Dan000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89603 ft
Mexico

johnsr Posted at 2017-6-16 02:42
The situation is the same for P3 users; mine recently went dead after a few months pause in use. I contacted the European DJI  Repair Center to discover that they couldn't replace the battery either! Incidentally the Phantom flies fine with the RC controller connected to its charging supply. So I had a look inside (mine's out of warranty now) and discovered that the battery has 0.00 V at the lead ends. This is weird for a weak LiPo. The story is that there is a small balancing circuit board hidden in the end of the RC battery (probably the price of using the same charger for the flight batteries and the RC unit). I believe that it is that circuit which is dead. So I am going to try to do a DIY repair with a RX-TX battery used for other RC units. This is an inexpensive repair, but you must be aware that with a 2S1P battery you will need to balance the two cells from time to time (add an external plug to the controller).
If you're still under warranty, send it back. Otherwise, there may be an alternative...
Have fun & good flying!

Thanks for the reply--my P4 is still under warrenty so I think I'll just send it back in.  I hope it doesnt take forever!
2017-6-17
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Dan000 Posted at 2017-6-17 19:14
Thanks for the reply--my P4 is still under warrenty so I think I'll just send it back in.  I hope it doesnt take forever!

That's a wise choice. Best of luck!
2017-6-18
Use props
skan
lvl.2

Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 14:58
The batteries for the P4 RCs aren't available as spare parts for purchase. Using a 3rd party battery in its stead would not guarantee that it will function properly afterwards. If you're within your warranty period and you have not already started taking the RC apart or modded it, the best course of action would be to send the unit in to get it replaced at no cost to you. You would receive a shipping label in order to send the RC in as well.

What if we have bought the drone from a third-party seller (Gearbest)?
Do we need to send the drone and the RC or just the RC?
2018-6-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't send the drone.  Absolutely no need for that.
2018-6-21
Use props
fans66d40b4c
lvl.2
United States

First offcer is correct I too had the same issue with my remote. I sent it to Drone world and they told me it was the circuit board hidden in the end of the RC battery
so they fixed it for 75.00 and now it charges like new.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules