12Next >
3466 40 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chevol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United States

Got my drone this AM and was super excited, early Father's day present. Did everyhting and took her on her maiden flight and all was well, this drone is freakin amazing. Second flight, same as the first, took her up to about 250 ft to get a view of the neighborhood. Was flying for a while, paning around looking at my house, and I get an alert stating there was wind and to fly cautiously, I started to take her down slowly. After about 50 feet of decent she just drops in a death spin and I get a message saying Motor Current Error, I hear the motors just stop, and she fell out of the sky from about 200ft and landed in the grass. The gimbal is broken off, one arm broke off as well as both landing legs are bent.

I do have Care Refresh, I went thru the online claim process and I have a claim number now and everything. However, I have not received a UPS label or an email letting me know what to do next. Do I just wait for a UPS shipping label? Do they email it or use snail mail to deliver it? I have read some forum psts in here and it seems like this can be a lengthy process. During the online process they asked me to pay the $79, which I did, so does that speed things up any at all? I would also like to know what happened so I can know what to do differently in the future, will they be able to provide that for me as well? Thanks everyone, I am new here but the forums seems to be filled with knowledge and good people.

2017-6-15
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

Man, sorry to hear that! Hope this gets solved for you in a quick manner. Did DJI speculate on what they think happened?
2017-6-15
Use props
Moving Frames P
New
Flight distance : 19094 ft
Canada

Hello,

While I have other issues with my RMA, as detailed in my own thread, I had no problems with the steps you are describing.

I had to wait about 24 hours to get my UPS label, which arrived by email.  I then had a busy week, so I didn't send it in right away - but when I did, I just followed the instructions and took it to the nearby UPS depot.  My Mavic went on its merry way, and arrived at DJI California about 4 days later.  The assessment took a while, and I'm not happy with their reply, but I had no problems with shipping it to them.

As far as what happened - it sounds like it might have been a defect in one of the engines.  But I'm no UAV engineer, so my word is pretty close to worthless.  If that was the case, they should be able to tell from the flight logs.  One of the steps when you ship it back is to sync all those logs, so they'll be able to see every tiny little detail of what happened before the crash.  Perhaps, if you're lucky, you won't even have to use a Refresh charge on it.  Good luck.
2017-6-15
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

You already paid $79 for a DJI Care Refresh replacement and haven't even received the shipping label to send it to DJI? That doesn't sound right. Typically they will evaluate the aircraft before sending you an invoice. If this turns out the be a warranty covered situation then you wouldn't pay and/or use your DJI Care Refresh.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Moving Frames P, thanks, it hasn't been 24 hours yet for me so I will just keep waiting.  I thought it was a little strange too that I had to pay already, but this was my first experience with Care Refresh so I just figured that's what they do. Now I am a little more worried then before lol. Well Moving Frames P makes me feel better about the entire process and timeline, but now I wonder if something happened because I seem to  be the only person that had to pay upfront. Whom should I contact about this? Or should I just leave it alone and see what happens?
2017-6-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-6-15 17:21
Moving Frames P, thanks, it hasn't been 24 hours yet for me so I will just keep waiting.  I thought it was a little strange too that I had to pay already, but this was my first experience with Care Refresh so I just figured that's what they do. Now I am a little more worried then before lol. Well Moving Frames P makes me feel better about the entire process and timeline, but now I wonder if something happened because I seem to  be the only person that had to pay upfront. Whom should I contact about this? Or should I just leave it alone and see what happens?

Out of curiosity, when you submitted the online form did you indicate that you believed the crash to be due to pilot error or due to a product defect? If the latter I wouldn't have expected them to ask (or allow) you to pay the $79 replacement fee upfront, but it sounds like their procedures may have changed a bit.

My perception of DJI is that they can be trusted to do the right thing, so if they determine that this was caused by a warranty issue (their fault) it's a safe bet you'll get a free replacement and presumably a refund. However, if you'd still like a second and unbiased opinion you can post the DAT file from the flight here and I and / or someone else (probably BudWalker) will take a look at it. If you are interested the instructions for accessing the DAT file are here, and once you've retrieved the file you'll need to put it in DropBox and provide a link to it in this thread.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Hello DroneFlying, I selected that I thought it was a manufacturer error. To get the flight log, will the drone need to power on at all? The last time it was on there was smoke and a very bad burning smell, so want to make sure before  I plug it into my computer.
2017-6-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-6-15 18:09
Hello DroneFlying, I selected that I thought it was a manufacturer error. To get the flight log, will the drone need to power on at all? The last time it was on there was smoke and a very bad burning smell, so want to make sure before  I plug it into my computer.

Yes, you'd have to power it on and based on what you described I think you're right to be hesitant to activate it again. I'd hate for you to set something on fire just to try to get a second opinion on what happened, especially since it's likely that DJI will do the right thing anyway.
2017-6-15
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Flight log will be recorded on the phone as well. You can still sync with DJI without turning on the Mavic. Go to DJI app and on the top left hand corner, there is a plane and click on that. All your flight record should be there. On the right hand side next to each flight record, there is a cloud icon. Just click it then it will sync with DJI server. Go luck.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

As much as I would love the second opinion, I will just have to trust in DJI. I really just hope they tell me what happened, at this point I am worried about having it happen again (assuming all goes well and I get it fixed).
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-15 18:42
Flight log will be recorded on the phone as well. You can still sync with DJI without turning on the Mavic. Go to DJI app and on the top left hand corner, there is a plane and click on that. All your flight record should be there. On the right hand side next to each flight record, there is a cloud icon. Just click it then it will sync with DJI server. Go luck.

Ok, thank you! I am going to do that now.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chevol, I think you chose DJI Care Refresh Express, right? After submitting a request by using the Online Repair Request, you can replace your product under DJI Care Refresh Express. After accepting your request and receiving your original product, we will ship out the replacement product to you as soon as possible. Please note that responsibility determination and data analysis will not be conducted under DJI Care Refresh Express.
Shipping label will be sent to you within 1-2 business days by email, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 18:54
Chevol, I think you chose DJI Care Refresh Express, right? After submitting a request by using the Online Repair Request, you can replace your product under DJI Care Refresh Express. After accepting your request and receiving your original product, we will ship out the replacement product to you as soon as possible. Please note that responsibility determination and data analysis will not be conducted under DJI Care Refresh Express.
Shipping label will be sent to you within 1-2 business days by email, appreciate your patience.

Hello DJI Mindy, thanks for the reply. Yes, I did choose DJI Care Refresh Express, I thought that is what I needed to choose and phone support was confusing. So if I didn't choose that they would have done a responsibility determination and data analysis?  I was not aware of that, I kinda just thought that it was a pay for expedited shipping type thing.  That is nice to know for future reference.
2017-6-15
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

I believe this is the flight logs, thanks DTK as I was able to get them off my phone. I just wasn't sure if this is the correct flightlog where it crashed. Anyway here is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwn_3n4as4J1TkZKZm1KaDlmSUE Please let me know if this is the correct one and if you can tell me if I did anything incorrectly( I would like to learn from this more than anything). Thank you guys so much, having people to talk to while going thru this has really helped lessen the blow.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chevol Posted at 2017-6-15 19:06
I believe this is the flight logs, thanks DTK as I was able to get them off my phone. I just wasn't sure if this is the correct flightlog where it crashed. Anyway here is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwn_3n4as4J1TkZKZm1KaDlmSUE Please let me know if this is the correct one and if you can tell me if I did anything incorrectly( I would like to learn from this more than anything). Thank you guys so much, having people to talk to while going thru this has really helped lessen the blow.

I'm sorry that the data analysis cannot be conducted if your selected DJI Care Refresh Express. Please check the attachment below.
If you need to know the reason of the crash and request warranty, you can contact our support to cancel the case and apply for refund, then send in your drone in normal process, thus, the turnaround time may be extended. By the wat, the flight record is right.
express.png
2017-6-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-15 18:42

The TXT files stored on the mobile device aren't the same as the DAT files written on the Mavic itself. The TXT files contain a lot less information and and have limited usefulness in diagnosing a problem like this, which is why I specifically mentioned the DAT file.
2017-6-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

That's just the flight record (TXT file) from your mobile device. The file I was talking about is only available on the aircraft itself and contains quite a bit more data, including some that might have been helpful in analyzing why this crash occurred.

Anyway, here's a link to the record you provided that I uploaded for you to PhantomHelp. Don't worry about the DAT file; DJI will figure it out once they receive it. Out of curiosity, though, was the battery still attached to the aircraft after the crash?
2017-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Although droneflying is correct for sudden power failure dat file is a necessity, you will also learn much from uploading to phantomhelp, and for a lot of problems maybe not with yours , but there is much to be learned from looking into your logs, so just follow droneflying link then follow instructions and come back here and post the link.
2017-6-16
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

No, the battery was still connected and intact when then drone hit the ground. When I picked it up, the battery was still attached but the power to the drone was Off, I did think that was strange.
Hallmark007, is there anyway to get the .DAT file from the plane without powering it on? Smoke came out of it the last time it was powered on and I am afraid to connect it to my laptop in that state. Also because I chose the Care Refresh Express, I have now been told that DJI won't even go thru the flight logs. I really would like to know what happened so I know what to do differently/better next time.  
DroneFlying, thanks for providing that link, looks like I gave the wrong flight log (there are only 3 on there), that one appears to be my first flight and that was fine.
2017-6-16
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Ok everyone, I have the correct flight log (sorry not the .dat yet)  loaded into phantomhelp.com. Here is a link: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/P37GMWF2KE16KMZS6BOK/. I can see the Large Wind Velocity message and you can see me starting the decent and slowly start to come down and then the Speed Errors happen, then the Motor Current Error happens, followed by lots more Speed Errors then Compass Errors. Whats strange is the speed, you can see the decent and once the Speed Errors show you can see the speed increase as its falling out the sky at this point.

Still working on getting the .dat file but am afraid to power the drone back on as the last time it was powered on it was smoking bad. Thanks again for the help everyone, and for helping figure out where I went wrong. I would like to learn from this experience.
2017-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

chevol Posted at 2017-6-16 05:07
Ok everyone, I have the correct flight log (sorry not the .dat yet)  loaded into phantomhelp.com. Here is a link: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/P37GMWF2KE16KMZS6BOK/. I can see the Large Wind Velocity message and you can see me starting the decent and slowly start to come down and then the Speed Errors happen, then the Motor Current Error happens, followed by lots more Speed Errors then Compass Errors. Whats strange is the speed, you can see the decent and once the Speed Errors show you can see the speed increase as its falling out the sky at this point.

Still working on getting the .dat file but am afraid to power the drone back on as the last time it was powered on it was smoking bad. Thanks again for the help everyone, and for helping figure out where I went wrong. I would like to learn from this experience.

Hi Chevol, I'm not to sure where those logs end you maybe can tell us that. Did the log cover flight until it hit the ground?

Looking at your log it looks like you either lost a prop or broke a prop (did you hit a bird by any chance)
You said you were trying to lower your aircraft which leads me to think some of the log is missing. Because at the end of your log just before and during the warnings it shows you pushing on elevator i.e. Still going forward, there was no movement on the throttle i.e. Down ,
Compass error is probably due to aircraft either spinning when it was falling or spinning as it was trying to fly on 3 props.
Only other thing was one of your motors was stopping or failing and this caused aircraft to spin out of control and crash.

You said in your OP that you heard the motors stop in your log it just shows 1 motor.

It also doesn't show power cut off but this could have happened after the end of your flight log. Dat file would help greatly with knowing if prop broke fell off or motor just stoped, if you can't retrieve them then you will just have to wait for dji's verdict.
2017-6-16
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Ok I have the .dat file. That is how much I want to figure out what I did wrong, I powered the drone back on and it was no longer smoking. Just had it on long enough to grab all the DAT files from the flight log. As soon as I find out which .DAT is the file that contains the crash logs I will upload it here.
2017-6-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-16 06:53
Hi Chevol, I'm not to sure where those logs end you maybe can tell us that. Did the log cover flight until it hit the ground?

Looking at your log it looks like you either lost a prop or broke a prop (did you hit a bird by any chance)

it shows you pushing on elevator

I noticed that too, but I think it may just be a misinterpretation of the data by PhantomHelp. If you look near the beginning of the data it also shows the opposite: the aircraft ascending in response to positive "elevator" input. I do know that the DAT file records changed in the latest firmware release so I'm wondering if maybe the TXT files did too and PhantomHelp just hasn't yet been updated to recognize that and process the data accordingly. If we assume that what's listed as the "elevator" input is actually throttle then the data makes a lot more sense and also matches what the OP described.

Of course, it's also possible this is just another aspect of something really strange that was going on with his Mavic, but I suspect that PhantomHelp's interpretation is off a little in this case. Admittely this would be the first time I've seen that happen, but the latest firmware is still pretty fresh and there probably haven't been a lot of TXT files associated with it uploaded.

2017-6-16
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Hey hallmark007, I think I have the .DAT file finally: Link to DropBox file That Log in PhantomHelp.com is the complete log. After I was lowering it, once I saw it start to fall I did push forward to make sure it would avoid falling on a house. Also once I saw it start to fall I stopped input on the RC as I thought it would stabilize itself.  When it started spinning and falling I heard all motors turn off, it was silent as it fell(I couldn't tell if I heard just 1 turn off prior to that). I walked over to it after it hit the ground and it was all powered off, no sure if the logs will continue if it turns off. Hopefully this .DAT file will shed more light on it. Strange that you say I lost or broke a prop as they are all still attached to the AC(they are broken tho), the back-rear one doesn't move as freely as the others do(not sure if this was the one that had the prop issue), but the motor is not nearly as smooth as the others.  The drone was brand new, after firmware upgrade, preflight and everything it was only in the air twice. First flight was for 9 minutes and second flight was close to 4 minutes. Thanks for taking a look at my .DAT file, ,I believe this is the correct one as there was one 2 flights she got to take, but there are 11 .DAT files.
2017-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

chevol Posted at 2017-6-16 07:42
Hey hallmark007, I think I have the .DAT file finally: Link to DropBox file That Log in PhantomHelp.com is the complete log. After I was lowering it, once I saw it start to fall I did push forward to make sure it would avoid falling on a house. Also once I saw it start to fall I stopped input on the RC as I thought it would stabilize itself.  When it started spinning and falling I heard all motors turn off, it was silent as it fell(I couldn't tell if I heard just 1 turn off prior to that). I walked over to it after it hit the ground and it was all powered off, no sure if the logs will continue if it turns off. Hopefully this .DAT file will shed more light on it. Strange that you say I lost or broke a prop as they are all still attached to the AC(they are broken tho), the back-rear one doesn't move as freely as the others do(not sure if this was the one that had the prop issue), but the motor is not nearly as smooth as the others.  The drone was brand new, after firmware upgrade, preflight and everything it was only in the air twice. First flight was for 9 minutes and second flight was close to 4 minutes. Thanks for taking a look at my .DAT file, ,I believe this is the correct one as there was one 2 flights she got to take, but there are 11 .DAT files.

I think droneflying will look at dat for you, it should tell what caused motor/motors to malfunction, I said prop because this would show up as problem with motor, i.e. If you lost a prop your motor will show a problem because IMU and CPU will be trying to work overtime to try to keep up with what would be an impossible task.

When you say log was right up to end of flight do you mean when it cut out or when it crashed?

Looking at the whole thing before your see result of dat file, I would be inclined to say this was a malfunction so should result in warranty. But we will wait and see what droneflying comes up with. These are good exercises and do help yourself and others myself included to get a better understanding of what goes on in these aircraft. Good job for seeing it through to some sort of conclusion. Many don't bother.
2017-6-16
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Ok I will see what droneflying has to say , hopefully he will look at my .DAT. I just want to learn from this and not have it happen again, lol. As long as I don't annoy anyone I do plan on seeing this thru to its conclusion. I think it might be helpful to others, as well as to me.
Correct this .DAT and log are  right up to when the drone cut out, the reason why I say this is that the flight log on my phone only has the drone to 90ft and nothing lower. Obviously it hit the ground at about 0ft and took off at around 0ft. I'm not sure if that is normal for the power to cut out like that and the logs as well. I thought it would record logs and retain power all the way thru the crash. But I did hear all motors stop and when I retrieved the drone (about 2 seconds after it hit the ground) the power was completely off as well. The battery was still attached and I later tried powering it back on and it turned on without problem (well smoke started coming out and got that nasty burning circuit smell).  
I will await the results from the .DAT file and go from there, I have a case opened with Care Refresh Express, but I might cancel that and save my first replacement and $79 and have DJI do their analysis, I'd rather have it covered under manufacturer defect. I see horror stories on here about RMA turn around times, I just want to be back in the air and not be afraid to fly it again.
2017-6-16
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-16 07:37
it shows you pushing on elevator

I noticed that too, but I think it may just be a misinterpretation of the data by PhantomHelp. If you look near the beginning of the data it also shows the opposite: the aircraft ascending in response to positive "elevator" input. I do know that the DAT file records changed in the latest firmware release so I'm wondering if maybe the TXT files did too and PhantomHelp just hasn't yet been updated to recognize that and process the data accordingly. If we assume that what's listed as the "elevator" input is actually throttle then the data makes a lot more sense and also matches what the OP described.

Hello DroneFlying, thank you for looking into this for me. Here is the .DAT file from the Flight Logs on the Mavic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/spj956zz80h8p05/FLY007.DAT?dl=0. I am not sure what to look for, but I do see a bunch of Speed_Error_Large errors happen before everything went south. I want to learn from this, and if I did something wrong, learn what I should have done correctly.
2017-6-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-6-16 08:51
Hello DroneFlying, thank you for looking into this for me. Here is the .DAT file from the Flight Logs on the Mavic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/spj956zz80h8p05/FLY007.DAT?dl=0. I am not sure what to look for, but I do see a bunch of Speed_Error_Large errors happen before everything went south. I want to learn from this, and if I did something wrong, learn what I should have done correctly.

I looked at the DAT file and was going to reply, but I see that you already got a response from BudWalker in the thread where you cross-posted about this. It does appear that you deserve a warranty repair, so hopefully DJI will see it that way. Good luck and please do keep us updated on how it turns out.
2017-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

chevol Posted at 2017-6-16 07:42

I also see your cross thread seems like we were pretty close with the phantomhelp logs, let us know how you get on with dji on your warranty.
2017-6-16
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Thanks guys, I have changed my claim from the Refresh Express to the plain Refresh. Spent over 3 hours on the phone with them, not too happy over that. I really hope they changed it like they said, the issue is I already paid the $79, as that's how the Refresh Express works. They did give me a different 2-Day shipping label to use and I sent it out today.  I will keep this thread updated as things progress. I am starting to feel a little better about the whole thing, at first I just didn't understand what happened and was afraid of flying it again. Hope fully this process doesn't take too long, as now I am a little anxious to get back in the air. Thanks again everyone for looking at my Flight Logs and I'll keep this updated with progress.
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chevol Posted at 2017-6-16 16:43
Thanks guys, I have changed my claim from the Refresh Express to the plain Refresh. Spent over 3 hours on the phone with them, not too happy over that. I really hope they changed it like they said, the issue is I already paid the $79, as that's how the Refresh Express works. They did give me a different 2-Day shipping label to use and I sent it out today.  I will keep this thread updated as things progress. I am starting to feel a little better about the whole thing, at first I just didn't understand what happened and was afraid of flying it again. Hope fully this process doesn't take too long, as now I am a little anxious to get back in the air. Thanks again everyone for looking at my Flight Logs and I'll keep this updated with progress.

Thank for hallmark007 and DroneFlying's kind assistance. We have professional data analysis team to help you out. Hope everything goes smoothly and get your drone back soon. If there is anything need our help, please keep us updated.
2017-6-18
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Just an update, I spent 3+ hours on the phone with DJI, trying to get it switched from Care Refresh Express to just Care Refresh. For those like me that don't know what the difference is, its simple. Refresh Express they don't look at Flight Logs or check to see who was at fault. They just wait until your drone comes in and they verify all the pieces are there and then ship you out a replacement. Thus saving you precious days without your drone. Care Refresh they get your drone and look at the Flight Logs and determine who was at fault and also give you an estimate of repairs, you can then choose to use your refresh (get 2/yr) or standard repair and they will send you a replacement. So I changed it and sent the drone off on Friday, they were kind enough to change the shipping to 2nd day air. So my drone is scheduled to be delivered to DJI on Tuesday. I'll post again when I hear anything else from DJI. Just documenting the process here for others.
2017-6-19
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy can you please help? My case number is: CAS-716424-B2G6N4 I just received an Invoice today, they didn't look at Flight Logs it seems. I already paid the $79 on 6/15/2017 and have receipts to prove it. So why am I getting charged another $79 and why haven't they looked at the Flight Logs? This was a manufacturer issue and NOT pilot issue. I'm not sure what to do next as calling and explaining to support is getting me nowhere.
2017-6-21
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy, can you please look into this? I cannot get them to check the flight logs, this whole ordeal has been a nightmare. At this point they are not going to even look at the flight logs, despite how much begging I do. I believe this is not fair as this was not my fault. I am very upset with DJI.
2017-6-26
Use props
DroneyMcDronefa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

Did this ever get resolved? I have a replacement mavic arriving in a few days ( the first one returned for RH soft focus).
Was considering getting the CareRefresh on the replacement (within the 48hr window).
But reading this post makes me wonder?  
2017-7-1
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

DroneyMcDronefa Posted at 2017-7-1 00:22
Did this ever get resolved? I have a replacement mavic arriving in a few days ( the first one returned for RH soft focus).
Was considering getting the CareRefresh on the replacement (within the 48hr window).
But reading this post makes me wonder?

I'm guessing it hasn't been resolved since it was last updated a few weeks ago, but in any case the OP's problem appears to be a warranty issue so doesn't really have much relevance to whether to buy Care Refresh. There are a number of threads about that (whether Care Refresh is a good idea) already, so you may want to search for them or start a new one of your own. My personal opinion is that it's a pretty good deal as long as you're aware of the terms, especially that DJI can (and usually does) provide a replacement that's someone else's refurbished Mavic and that you can only get a replacement if you're able to return your original (crashed) Mavic to them.
2017-7-1
Use props
chevol
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys, quick update. My drone will be delivered today. The whole process was horrible and I am far from pleased. I could NEVER get DJI to look at the flight logs, no matter how hard I pushed. They had issues refunding the $79 I paid before I sent my Mavic in for repair. So they would not look at the Flight Logs, I know it sounds strange but that's just what they did. My only option was the $79 repair which ate at my 2 times repair from Care Refresh. I am on the fence on weather this is a good deal, I honestly would be better off with State Farm PAAS policy and I do plan on getting that as soon as my drone arrives. I am worried as there was smoke and burning coming out the main body of my drone but yet there were no parts replaced in that area. So I am sitting here waiting for UPS and hoping that the drone is indeed functional and in full working condition. You can see how DJI handles this thread, even DJI Mindy just vanished and never followed up, this is the level of service you can expect with DJI. Just pray your drone never gets damaged or malfunctions, because DJI support is one of the WORST in the business! DJI Mindy, if you read this, you need to get fired or at least spoken to. You were in no way helpful and are just plain incompetent and useless to this forum, you could have easily given me some assistance with my case and failed to. DJI is garbage and a laughable company, we all need to have second thoughts about giving them anymore of our money.
2017-7-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-7-6 04:45
Hey guys, quick update. My drone will be delivered today. The whole process was horrible and I am far from pleased. I could NEVER get DJI to look at the flight logs, no matter how hard I pushed. They had issues refunding the $79 I paid before I sent my Mavic in for repair. So they would not look at the Flight Logs, I know it sounds strange but that's just what they did. My only option was the $79 repair which ate at my 2 times repair from Care Refresh. I am on the fence on weather this is a good deal, I honestly would be better off with State Farm PAAS policy and I do plan on getting that as soon as my drone arrives. I am worried as there was smoke and burning coming out the main body of my drone but yet there were no parts replaced in that area. So I am sitting here waiting for UPS and hoping that the drone is indeed functional and in full working condition. You can see how DJI handles this thread, even DJI Mindy just vanished and never followed up, this is the level of service you can expect with DJI. Just pray your drone never gets damaged or malfunctions, because DJI support is one of the WORST in the business! DJI Mindy, if you read this, you need to get fired or at least spoken to. You were in no way helpful and are just plain incompetent and useless to this forum, you could have easily given me some assistance with my case and failed to. DJI is garbage and a laughable company, we all need to have second thoughts about giving them anymore of our money.

Man that sucks...hopefully it's okay once you receive it back.  I totally agree about DJI CS, unfortunately they (DJI) "have the only game in town".  In other words, there are no other products out there that come close to their flying platforms/devices.
2017-7-6
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Unfortunately,  it seems our only hope is real competition.  :-(  Steve Jobs ..... help  us!!!
2017-7-6
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

chevol Posted at 2017-7-6 04:45

That's very disappointing to hear and I  understand your frustration. If DJI didn't look at the flight log then there's no way they could know whether you deserved a (free) warranty replacement.

In fairness to Mindy, though, there are a lot of threads that she replies to and I'm sure that if you send her a Private Message directly or reply to one of her posts in this thread that you'll hear back from her again. It might have helped to contact her before you agreed to accept a Care Refresh replacement, but it may still be possible for her to get them to review the flight log. If they do that and determine that the problem was a warranty defect then I would hope DJI would agree to treat this appropriately and refund your $79. At a minimum, though, if they're claiming this was pilot error then you deserve an explanation for specifically why / how they arrived at that conclusion.
2017-7-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules