Spark Controller Won't Power Down -- SOLVED
12Next >
19787 45 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

I was flying the Spark using the Remote Controller and experimenting with some shots.  The Spark got done to about 20% battery so I shut it down and brought it into the house.  After powering down the Spark, I swapped out the battery restarted it and went to download the photos and videos.  About 3 minutes in, I lost connection and the RC status LED started blinking.

At this point, the Remote Controller would not shut off and it started beeping very loudly.

The Red Status light is blinking twice rapidly, followed by a pause of a about a second and then blinking twice.  The Battery Level LED is solid except for the far right, which is blinking.

If I touch any button on the RC, the beeping stops for a few minutes and then starts again.

If I try to connect my iPad to the WiFi on the RC, it asks for the RC password, but immediately jumps to my house WiFi.

I tried relinking the RC to the AC but it won't do anything.

HELP!  The RC seems very warm on the bottom, under the DJI lab

2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nikon, I'm sorry for the trouble caused. Please try this way to turn off the RC: keep pressing Flight Pause Button,  press once, then again and hold on the Power button to force to turn off the RC.
After that,  turn on the RC normally to check if the beeping sound still exists.
In addition, please check the version of your RC to make sure the firmware is the latest one.
Please keep us updated if the problem will be solved or not.
2017-6-15
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

@DJI Mindy - Does DJI have a list or error codes for the Spark Controller?  I'd like to know what the flashing Red Status light means - in my case in conjunction with the Battery Level LEDs - The left 3 were solid but the right-most was blinking, along with the combination of beeping.

Thank you!
2017-6-17
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Happy to report that when I powered everything up today - PERFECT.

I'm not sure what happened Thursday night, but 36 hours later everything is normal.  Did the Controller, Spark & NFZ updates and everything is 100%

Thanks for the help.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans3f4d1858
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478681 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 20:06
Nikon, I'm sorry for the trouble caused. Please try this way to turn off the RC: keep pressing Flight Pause Button,  press once, then again and hold on the Power button to force to turn off the RC.
After that,  turn on the RC normally to check if the beeping sound still exists.
In addition, please check the version of your RC to make sure the firmware is the latest one.

I am having the same issue but the instructions you have provide are not working.  The controller beeps after a few seconds but still does not power down.  Please help!
2017-6-28
Use props
fans3f4d1858
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478681 ft
United States

I am having the same issue but the instructions you have provided have not worked.  After pressing / releasing the pause button, then pressing again and holding down the power button, after a few seconds the controller beeps two beeps but does not power down.  Please help
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3f4d1858 Posted at 2017-6-28 19:27
I am having the same issue but the instructions you have provided have not worked.  After pressing / releasing the pause button, then pressing again and holding down the power button, after a few seconds the controller beeps two beeps but does not power down.  Please help

I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear, please keep pressing the pause button, then press the Power Button once, then press and hold it for 2 seconds for power-off. If it doesn't work, please post us a short video., thank you in advance.
2017-6-28
Use props
The Architect
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129495 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

was the tripod mode activated before u lose the connection?
2017-6-30
Use props
The Architect
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129495 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

fans3f4d1858 Posted at 2017-6-28 19:25
I am having the same issue but the instructions you have provide are not working.  The controller beeps after a few seconds but still does not power down.  Please help!

did the tripod mode or any other intelligent flight mode was activated before the disconnection?
2017-6-30
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info!
2017-7-2
Use props
Dgerber
New
United States

I've had the same problem and the solution is not working. It happened yesterday and somehow I managed to stop it. But today, no luck. Beeping and can't turn off as suggested.
2017-7-3
Use props
Bernal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1143251 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Same problem. Power of spark, remote star beeping, red light. No power off, nothing responding. Last firmware.  Find this post. Resolved. What appended??????????????????
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bernal Posted at 2017-7-3 22:26
Same problem. Power of spark, remote star beeping, red light. No power off, nothing responding. Last firmware.  Find this post. Resolved. What appended??????????????????

Did you update your RC to the latest firmware? Please show me the version.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dgerber Posted at 2017-7-3 13:40
I've had the same problem and the solution is not working. It happened yesterday and somehow I managed to stop it. But today, no luck. Beeping and can't turn off as suggested.

I'm sorry for the experience, please leave me the version of your RC firmware.
2017-7-3
Use props
0dayDJIproblem
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-3
Use props
Bernal
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 22:50
Did you update your RC to the latest firmware? Please show me the version.

Hi mindy. Eche time i fly the app checks de firmware. Today when i went and check the firmare i didnt alert me of new one. But when a went and look for the version. I found this one and instaled. The problem was with the version 01.00.040 and just now update to 01.00.0100

Firmware

Firmware
2017-7-4
Use props
Bernal
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 22:54
I'm sorry for the experience, please leave me the version of your RC firmware.

This was the old one.

Old fiemware

Old fiemware
2017-7-4
Use props
fansff558ce7
New

United States

Hello DJI,
I just received my Spark 2 days ago and yesterday experienced the same issue. I was flying and with all the sudden red flashing light and said disconnected. My Spark returned to home but hovered. I had to manually grab and power down the Spark. The remote did turn off using the Pause button as you described. However I'm nervous why this happened and why all the sudden it got disconnected?
2017-7-4
Use props
vpasq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 763553 ft
United States

Wow, just got my spark yesterday, flew it no probs. Today on the second launch and just as I was bringing it home (manually, not return to home) - lost connection (using a tethered controller), and the controller started beeping and while it did bring itself home (i think it went into return to home at this point since I was disconnected) the balance of the way, at the home point it went into a hover and it would not land lower than 2 feet, and THE CONTROLLER KEPT CONTINUOUSLY BEEPING AND WAS TOTALLY UNRESPONSIVE TO ANYTHING (just as written above).  I have the latest firmware in both the drone and the controller which was installed yesterday (using DJI Assistant2 - with online support).  THIS WAS REALLY SCARY!!!  Each time I tried to reach underneath the drone to catch it and turn it off, it pulled away (or i should say rose up).  although this says "solved" above, I THINK DJI NEEDS TO REALLY LOOK AT THIS PROBLEM.  I don't like going out flying wondering if I will maybe not have a drone afterwards.  I can say the suggested fix above to finally get the beeping controller to shut down worked, but I haven't been out again to try it yet.  I am somewhat leery right now.  
2017-7-4
Use props
fans2ca99eca
New
United States

I had this same issue where the controller would not respond. It happened while I was uploading a video from the drone to my phone using the dji go app. The video got about half way uploaded then it gave me an error because the phone app disconnected from the controller. Also, I hadn't tried any transfers before today, and let me say that the transfer speed sucks. I was getting 800kbytesps  and the phone, controller and quad were all within inches of each other. This is less than 8megabits/s transfer. Less than usb1.1 speeds over a 2.4ghz wifi channel? Felt like 802.11b from the early wifi years. I will say though, the instructions on the reply to the OP thread worked like a charm.
2017-7-7
Use props
Daniel-arg
New
France

Had the same problem today, and this is really, really, really scaring....
This kind of incident doesn't help to dissipate the fear that people have about drones.
I managed to power down the radio, but what is still annoying is that there is no explanation no definitive solution.

Any word or comments from DJI regarding this would be appreciated.

They should at least warn users that this may happen and how to solve it.
The policy of silence doesn't work guys, the same than the QRCODE that is unusable.... if you can tell people don't to insist on flashing an useless code may avoid people getting angry
2017-7-13
Use props
Daniel-arg
New
France

Had the same problem today, and this is really, really, really scaring....
This kind of incident doesn't help to dissipate the fear that people have about drones.
I managed to power down the radio, but what is still annoying is that there is no explanation nor definitive solution.

Any word or comments from DJI regarding this would be appreciated.

They should at least warn users that this may happen and how to solve it.
The policy of silence doesn't work guys. You already did the same with the QRCODE that is unusable.... if you can tell people don't to insist on flashing an useless code may avoid people getting angry
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

fans2ca99eca Posted at 2017-7-7 18:38
I had this same issue where the controller would not respond. It happened while I was uploading a video from the drone to my phone using the dji go app. The video got about half way uploaded then it gave me an error because the phone app disconnected from the controller. Also, I hadn't tried any transfers before today, and let me say that the transfer speed sucks. I was getting 800kbytesps  and the phone, controller and quad were all within inches of each other. This is less than 8megabits/s transfer. Less than usb1.1 speeds over a 2.4ghz wifi channel? Felt like 802.11b from the early wifi years. I will say though, the instructions on the reply to the OP thread worked like a charm.

These are the transfer speeds we are all seeing (800/900kBs) and they are indeed terrible.
2017-7-13
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Lucky you... at least this specific issue (that I did not encountered) should be addressed in RC firmware updates
see thread : http://forum.dji.com/thread-104462-1-1.html7

But some issues that seems far more urgent (to me at least) are still not adressed (with any kind of official feedback/acknowledgment)

- WiFi channel  range in EU / 5.8 channel issue
- DJI GO 4 stability
- thermal issues
2017-7-13
Use props
fans74687813
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10571 ft
Latvia

Hey! Had the same problem yesterday – controller hung up, drone returned and hovered so i had to grab it and unplug the battery. Remote kept beeping and blinking and heating until it ran out of battery and turned off by itself, was really warm at that point. I've tried all possible combinations to power it off without luck. Latest firmware installed.

Any suggestions what to do next time?

N
2017-7-14
Use props
CasanovaRecords
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44472 ft
United States

I had the issue today. I was able to turn off by pressing and holding the PAUSE, then press once the power,  immediately press it again and hold for three seconds.
2017-7-15
Use props
incognitocarbon
lvl.1

United States

Happened to me as well. Going to stop it now.
2017-7-17
Use props
fansc061921d
New
Flight distance : 28455 ft
Hong Kong

Encounter the same problem while flying indoor (luckily), able to catch the drone and turn it off.
End up finding this thread and force turn off the RC with suggested method. But with no further explanation and firmware fixing, this can't be a called at FIXED I suppose?
The "SOLVED" title is totally misleading!

Come on dji!
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc061921d Posted at 2017-7-19 06:26
Encounter the same problem while flying indoor (luckily), able to catch the drone and turn it off.
End up finding this thread and force turn off the RC with suggested method. But with no further explanation and firmware fixing, this can't be a called at FIXED I suppose?
The "SOLVED" title is totally misleading!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please keep pressing Pause button and then turn off the RC if you encounter the same problem.
Our engineer is working on it, we will appreciate your patience.
2017-7-19
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

This sequence should be in the manual.. I dont think its there..
2017-7-19
Use props
Tango Tango
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem with the RC and was disconnected while my spark was in the mid air. This is not acceptable. What happens if I am in the middle of the water?
2017-7-21
Use props
Tango Tango
lvl.1
United States

This is not cool. It happened to me today. Although it did come back home safely, I am concerned if this happens when I am on the boat.. If this is unreliable, I am going to return the remote controller.
2017-7-21
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

The Architect Posted at 2017-6-30 04:45
was the tripod mode activated before u lose the connection?

for me, yes!
2017-7-25
Use props
fansc72557df
New
Flight distance : 8563 ft
United Kingdom

It also happened to my brand new spark and it decided to descend on some trees breaking a couple of propellers and taking a big fall...
2017-7-25
Use props
El Sandro
New
Australia

just tried to updated the remote.... the remote went to 99% is beeping endlessly and it wont turn off at all.....
2017-7-28
Use props
El Sandro
New
Australia

and im stuck cause the wifi wont connect to it!!!!!

the sound is sooo annoying!
2017-7-28
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Russia

El Sandro Posted at 2017-7-28 23:20
just tried to updated the remote.... the remote went to 99% is beeping endlessly and it wont turn off at all.....

Same! RK went up to 99 percent and hung. As a result, it was forced to turn it off. Now, when turned on, he blinks the red lamp cyclically twice and is not visible to the devices. The support was said that they can not help. There are no scripts how to return it to the factory settings, there is no way to connect to the computer. The most problematic product of all. It is necessary from
2017-7-29
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

CasanovaRecords Posted at 2017-7-15 12:26
I had the issue today. I was able to turn off by pressing and holding the PAUSE, then press once the power,  immediately press it again and hold for three seconds.

I had the same problem today. First day with the Spark. Pressing and holding the PAUSE and then at the same time pressing and holding POWER did finally power off the remote.

I had the latest firmware (just activated and updated today).
2017-8-8
Use props
kramsagrav
New
Philippines

I had the same problem, I have done the instruction pressing the pause button and turning off the controller, and yes it turned off, but the question is why is that happening? I am now scared of flying my spark now thinking it might happen again and lose my drone. Please make a fix on this matter and inform us if this has already been fix.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-17 10:46
Happy to report that when I powered everything up today - PERFECT.

I'm not sure what happened Thursday night, but 36 hours later everything is normal.  Did the Controller, Spark & NFZ updates and everything is 100%

Glad to see you resolved your rc issue.
2017-9-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules