Drone insurance.
3662 9 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

i called my my insurance company to find out if I could buy a special Ryder for my Inspire to have it covered under my renter's policy. Turns out it's already covered! I have a $100 deductible but it's covered for actual replacement cost. So I asked about liability insurance found out I was covered for that too! 100k. Now, obviously I've not tested this, nor do I want to, because it appears to be a gray area , like DJI's spare  parts bin. They advertise the policy protects your personal property from, fire, theft or other loss. Okay so theft or house fire, good I'm covered. But I was clear to ask the agent, what about a fly away, or crash? He checked with his underwriters and came back on the line and told me, it's covered!  Okay, good enough. I was willing to pay extra just to specifically cover my Inspire, but was told it wasn't necessary.  So my point here is if all this turns out to be true, then there's nothing to worry about with fly always , crashes with no parts available. When I crash it. I'll put in a claim and pay my deductible, get my check and go buy a brand new Inspire!  Sounds too good to be true to me because given the very high risk of failure and crashes involving any RC aircraft, why would an insurance company insure these? I can't answer that, I can only tell you what they told me and I'm putting this out there as an idea for you guys to look into for your own purposes and to see if there are any others who may have tested this by filing their own claim before. Happy flying!
2015-3-13
Use props
MORTH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1365256 ft
United States

That does seem to good to be true... but I hope it is! Who do you have your renters insurance through?
2015-3-26
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I was told by my insurance company my home owners policy does not cover equipment loss nor liability for my Nikon, lens, drone, etc. if I'm using them for commercial purposes.  That might be where they draw the line on your renter's policy as well.  Seems they expect the risk rises too much when it goes beyond personal use.
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

kneverett Posted at 2015-3-27 08:57
I was told by my insurance company my home owners policy does not cover equipment loss nor liability ...

Talk to your insurance agents about "Inland Marine" That covers gear used in commercial.
2015-3-26
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

kneverett Posted at 2015-3-27 08:57
I was told by my insurance company my home owners policy does not cover equipment loss nor liability ...

Yes, I can confirm my insurance agent also told me my policy coverage does not extend to the use of any of my gear towards commercial use. It's for personal, hobby use only.
2015-3-27
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

MORTH Posted at 2015-3-27 08:33
That does seem to good to be true... but I hope it is! Who do you have your renters insurance throug ...

I am going through California casualty. They are a group endorsed company similar to USAA. But instead of insuring only military and veterans CC covers only teachers, police and firemen
2015-3-27
Use props
aviationbroker
lvl.1

United States

[size=14.6666669845581px]Hey guys and gals!

[size=14.6666669845581px]I am new to this forum but believe I can help you all out with this matter. I am an aviation specific insurance broker based in Illinois. We only deal with aviation related risks. I work with all of the highest rated aviation insurance companies (there are about 15 of them right now). 3 of them are currently offering insurance policies on UAVs/drones. You can choose from liability only policies or "hull" and liability coverage. If you choose hull coverage, there is generally a small deductible associated with hull claims (5%). I can insure UAVs that are flown for pleasure or ones that are flown commercially.

[size=14.6666669845581px]I am very excited about the popularity of UAVs and would love to work with any one of you who would like to insure their drone. Please respond to this post or PM me and I can get you quotes right away.

[size=14.6666669845581px]Thanks,

[size=14.6666669845581px]Joe
2015-7-22
Use props
aviationbroker
lvl.1

United States

[size=14.6666669845581px]Hey guys and gals!

[size=14.6666669845581px]I am new to this forum but believe I can help you all out with this matter. I am an aviation specific insurance broker based in Illinois. We only deal with aviation related risks. I work with all of the highest rated aviation insurance companies (there are about 15 of them right now). 3 of them are currently offering insurance policies on UAVs/drones. You can choose from liability only policies or "hull" and liability coverage. If you choose hull coverage, there is generally a small deductible associated with hull claims (5%). I can insure UAVs that are flown for pleasure or ones that are flown commercially.

[size=14.6666669845581px]I am very excited about the popularity of UAVs and would love to work with any one of you who would like to insure their drone. Please respond to this post or PM me and I can get you quotes right away.

[size=14.6666669845581px]Thanks,

[size=14.6666669845581px]Joe
2015-7-22
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

aviationbroker Posted at 2015-7-23 01:53
Hey guys and gals!

I am new to this forum but believe I can help you all out with this matter. I am ...

Hi I would like you to provide me with a quote for insuring my Inspire 1. I would like to know the coverages and since I don't know whom I am dealing with personally, I would also like to be able to verify the company you are providing this quote through. Thank you!
Pete
2015-7-29
Use props
renebertschi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 620620 ft
Canada

My home insurance will not cover the UAV's however I insured my Inspire with Air1 Insurence and they offer several options. If you want to be safe, get properly insured it will become a mandate if you fly comercialy and no matter, it's worth it.
2015-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules