Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
trip to usa
631 6 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

Hi guys,

i will visit LA, SF, and Vegas next month. do i need a registration for mavic pro? i have in Turkey, but i dont know if i need in USA as well.

2017-6-16
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

The US currently doesn't require drone registration for recreational use for the size drone you are probably taking with you.
2017-6-16
Use props
S. P. Roth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

You need in the USA a small UAS Certificat of Registration. The FAA number must be on the UAS. More Information on the Website of the Federal Aviation Administration.
2017-6-17
Use props
sundance87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 423848 ft
Switzerland

S. P. Roth Posted at 2017-6-17 06:25
You need in the USA a small UAS Certificat of Registration. The FAA number must be on the UAS. More Information on the Website of the Federal Aviation Administration.

For recreational use, registration is not necessary anymore.
https://www.recode.net/2017/5/19 ... istration-rules-faa
2017-6-19
Use props
Mianmach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447293 ft
Mexico

Register there, is really easy and it costs $5 dollars. They will give you a certificate you need to carry as a code which work as the plate numbers in a car, that you need to attach to your drone with a sticker or something. Better having this than getting into trouble with another country's authorities. have a safe trip!
2017-6-22
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree. I'm heading there in a couple of months and would rather pay the $5 and have the registration code than argue the toss with some cop or ranger demanding to see it and ruining my trip...

https://www.faa.gov/uas/

2017-6-22
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

It's funny -- it seems like the Pilots posting in this thread, who actually live in the USA are saying certificate is unnecessary - which the Courts agree with while the non-USA Pilots are concerned about registering.

Most of  the John Q. Law have little-to-no knowledge of the FAA laws, but that's just been my experience as a resident.  If it buys you peace of mind, the $5.00 fee is money well spent.

I hope you guys have a safe trip and enjoy your time here.  BRING $$$$$$$!

2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules