Switching Tablet OS
688 5 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charlesP4P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130230 ft
United Kingdom

Currently using google Nexus 7 (2013) with my P4P, works flwlessly, no problem.

Thinking of getting used Apple iPad mini 3 as its highly rated and has larger display (Tried a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with poor reults, refuses to connect half the time. tried all ways)

Would like to keep the Nexus as a backup - my question is would the RC be OK switching DJI GO 4 operating systems between IOS and Android?
Would it in any way get "confused"?
Anyone in a similiar situation?

Thanks
2017-6-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There should be no problem at all in switching between Android & IOS devices.  I have the Nexus 7 2013 as my backup device (never used in practice) which surprisingly seems to just work, even with all the latest updates on my P4. During update time I swap between Nexus, iPad Pro & iPhone 6s plus without any problems. As far as the RC is concerned it's just a display device, how the device handles the RC output is sometimes a different story.
Best option would be to see if you can try out a mini 3 before you buy. But I wouldn't expect there to be any problems.
2017-6-16
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

You won't cause any problems going between OS's. I have done so with no issues whatsoever. You should opt for the Mini 4 though, as the Mini 3 is just a Mini 2 with TouchID. The Mini 4 is significantly superior to the Mini 2 and 3.

Also, you mention that the Nexus 7 (2) works flawlessly for you. Unless you are running the old version of DJI Go that worked with the P4P before DJI Go 4 was released, you should expect a far better experience with a newer, more powerful device, whether you choose Android or iOS. I had great experiences with my Nexus 7 (2) with DJI Go, but it really didn't keep up with DJI Go 4 was well as the Nvidia Shield K1 or the iPad Mini 4. You'll get a totally different experience with these other 2 devices. You would not know, of course, because you haven't flown with anything better than the Nexus.

It's almost like saying your $50 quad is a great. You don't know how limited that $50 unit is until you fly something created at a higher tech level, like a DJI quad.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would concur that switching between Android and iOS would not be an issue.
2017-6-17
Use props
charlesP4P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130230 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-16 08:32
There should be no problem at all in switching between Android & IOS devices.  I have the Nexus 7 2013 as my backup device (never used in practice) which surprisingly seems to just work, even with all the latest updates on my P4. During update time I swap between Nexus, iPad Pro & iPhone 6s plus without any problems. As far as the RC is concerned it's just a display device, how the device handles the RC output is sometimes a different story.
Best option would be to see if you can try out a mini 3 before you buy. But I wouldn't expect there to be any problems.

Thanks to all for the input, I went ahead and bought a new Ipad mini 4 and it works very well - responsive and large clear display.   No GPS though so might get a blue tooth GPS when if/when the need arises
2017-6-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

charlesP4P Posted at 2017-6-19 11:51
Thanks to all for the input, I went ahead and bought a new Ipad mini 4 and it works very well - responsive and large clear display.   No GPS though so might get a blue tooth GPS when if/when the need arises

Glad to hear it's working well for you. Enjoy!
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules