Tipped over on landing!!
1314 3 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
basil
lvl.1

United Kingdom

While flying my Phantom 1 this morning I failed to take into account the affect that the temperature would have on my battery life, it was 0c.
The phantom started to land automatically and disappeared behind a castle out of my line of sight. It took me two minutes to find it and it was upside down after landing on a steep bank, the props were obviously unable to spin but I could hear the motors still running, I picked it up and all four props started spinning until I shut it down (csc). Does anyone know if this will have had an adverse affect  on the motors/Pantom?  I'm a newbie so please take it easy. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
2015-3-14
Use props
basil
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bryansroofing@g Posted at 2015-3-15 10:09
Well first off.... if u know its going to crash.. and has hit the ground... kill the motors.

In hindsight...yes absolutely!!

The Phantom seems to be flying fine, been out a couple of times since.
2015-3-15
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Test it out on the ground.  Sometime a crash can damage escs.  If it was only a tip over I would suspect not but...
Check each motor for and debris in the motor - If no debris make sure they turn freely and smoothly.
Start it up and bring it uo to almost hover.  If all motor are operating OK you are most probably OK.  
Bring it to a hover and let it run a couple of minutes.  Check each motor for temp - if everthing seem OK you are most like in fine shape.
2015-3-17
Use props
robertparkhurst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hook it up to the Naza software calibrate it and do the advance calibration to... HAPPY FLYING
2015-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules