Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark SSID versus Remote Control SSID
2378 10 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc363eefa
New
United States

I was able to connect to the Spark's wifi SSID and control it via my iPhone. However, I can no longer find the Spark's wifi SSID after connecting it to the remote control.
Is there a way to switch between the iPhone (Spark's wifi SSID) and the controller (controller's wifi SSID) without having to unpair the controller from the Spark every time?

Thanks!
2017-6-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to unpair every time unfortunately...
2017-6-16
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-16 13:51
You have to unpair every time unfortunately...

They (DJI) ]really need to apply a patch to the wireless settings.  If I choose not to use my RC, then my phone/iPad should be able to recognize the Sparks network
2017-6-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-16 14:10
They (DJI) ]really need to apply a patch to the wireless settings.  If I choose not to use my RC, then my phone/iPad should be able to recognize the Sparks network

it took me a long time to figure this out and I'm pretty savvy with this stuff and yes I read the owners manual but the manual is incomplete to put it mildly...
2017-6-16
Use props
fansc363eefa
New
Guatemala

Thanks for the replies. This wasn't intuitive and I hope DJI address this issue in an upcoming patch.

For example, setting up the Spark for the first time was very confusing because I had bought the Fly More combo. That means the Spark has already paired the remote control and was not transmitting a Wifi SSID during setup.

Thank goodness for this forum.
2017-6-17
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

Yeah that press and hold for 3 beeps to go into phone and wifi mode or one beep to RC (forced to pair again) is a bit of a pain, would be nice if you could just pop back and forth as needed.
2017-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-16 14:21
it took me a long time to figure this out and I'm pretty savvy with this stuff and yes I read the owners manual but the manual is incomplete to put it mildly...

Takes me 5 minutes to pair RC to phone need a battery just for pairing this stuff.
2017-6-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-20 10:19
Takes me 5 minutes to pair RC to phone need a battery just for pairing this stuff.

I know, I get everything paired, then wait for satellites, then get hit with a firmware update, by the time I take off I get a low battery warning. Heaven forbid if I had to calibrate the compass? I wouldn't fly at all...
2017-6-20
Use props
fans1a9af154
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57287 ft
Australia

I totally agree, I thought it would be as simple as going into your wifi settings and either selecting the drone (in which case your mobile device controls the spark) or you select the RC in which case the RC should control spark. It is a royal pain and time to have unpair and pair, so the ideal is that it should be as simple as working depending which you select the remote or spark from your wifi settings.

This would be a very welcome update to the software.
2017-6-21
Use props
alexanderhahn
lvl.1
Germany

Thank god I'm not the only one haaving trouble.

I also bought the combo and it explains nowhere that a press and hold until the Spark beeps 3 times is required to get the WiFi working for phones.

And having to pair it all over again when switching from RC to phone and the other way round is more than annoying.

2017-6-21
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

alexanderhahn Posted at 2017-6-21 04:06
Thank god I'm not the only one haaving trouble.

I also bought the combo and it explains nowhere that a press and hold until the Spark beeps 3 times is required to get the WiFi working for phones.

Yeah, they (DJI) really "dropped the ball" on the entire WIFI crap.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules