Disconnection of the App in the middle of flight
1888 10 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf30ef7e0
lvl.1
United States

Hi guys!

My spark just arrived and after a big fight trying to connect it to my iphone (no friendly method) I am starting to struggle with it again.
The drone works good but one thing that make me nervous and I think could be dangerous is that many times the app show me ´disconnect´ and a couple of seconds sometimes even minutes later connects again!!

Really annoying... Someone knows how to avoid it?
2017-6-16
Use props
fansf30ef7e0
lvl.1
United States

I upload all before... aircraft and controller. This happened after that...

I don't know, If I start to lost the connection in the middle of the fly.. IS DANGEROUS! Maybe my unit is bad?
2017-6-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's a new update released today that supposed to help but your right, this new spark is not very user friendly...
2017-6-16
Use props
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 444921 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same problem for me after  few seconds of connection the app  DJI go 4 disconnect from spark.
Very frustrating
2017-6-21
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

MEMYSELFANDI Posted at 2017-6-21 09:51
Same problem for me after  few seconds of connection the app  DJI go 4 disconnect from spark.
Very frustrating

are you using the RC? if so did you put your phone in airplane mode or disconnect the Bluetooth?
2017-6-21
Use props
holawhatsup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21286 ft
United States

I've found with the RC I was having hardware problems where the RC would disconnect and not re-connect at all, I had to re-link, which only worked 1/10 times. We'll see if DJI can fix it. Are you using the RC?
2017-6-21
Use props
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

I use only my Iphone7 plus
2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read post #6 on this thread.  Looks like a firmware update is on the horizon.
http://sparkpilots.zone/threads/ ... ssid.263/#post-2578
2017-6-21
Use props
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

Once again DJI go 4  on IPhone 7 plus disconnected from  DJI Spark. After a while  the aircraft went  30 mt. and reached original Home point.  My personal opinion : is almost useless and a little bit dangerous without the remote !!
2017-6-24
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

MEMYSELFANDI Posted at 2017-6-24 10:15
Once again DJI go 4  on IPhone 7 plus disconnected from  DJI Spark. After a while  the aircraft went  30 mt. and reached original Home point.  My personal opinion : is almost useless and a little bit dangerous without the remote !!

Remote is no better. I got my Spark on Thursday evening.  i have the RC and it constantly disconnects. Not safe. Reviewed the forums and found many people having the same issue. I set up a return for a full refund. Not gonna trust this. Going back to Mavic
2017-6-24
Use props
fansa83c35d7
New
United States

I am having the same issues as the rest of you.. Although I'm having more trouble with the RC then flying it with my phone... This is ALL after I did the firmware updates to both Spark and the RC.. Hoping DJI will fix this issue quickly..
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules