new inspire 1 backpack!
6855 23 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

Hey has anyone gotten one of these backpacks yet? So far it looks like the best option to me
http://www.miniracingdrone.com/d ... inspire-1-case.html
2015-3-14
Use props
al2sar
lvl.2

Greece

Looks like a great idea
Big question is how the original inspire case performs in the cargo hold of a plane...
2015-3-14
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

I fly weekly and watching them load the cargo hold I would suggest  something along the lines of a pelican case  for your inspire . The dji case is not at all ready for that abuse... I can't say I would want my inspire thrown around like that at all i would probly be carrying my inspire around in my arms haha
2015-3-14
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Hong Kong

With this backpack, you will be accepted in most long haul/large cabin airplanes . On top of that my knowledge about dangerous goods on-board aircraft, let me think that you can not check batteries in the cargo haul, only with you in the cabin and if each of it is less than 100W/h, the TB47 is just 99.9 for a reason
2015-3-14
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

al2sar@icloud.c Posted at 2015-3-14 21:49
Looks like a great idea
Big question is how the original inspire case performs in the cargo hold of  ...

Thats the exact same thing Ive been wondering.  Im going on a plane later this month and Im scared to put it below the plane, especially considering how the crew throws the luggage..... If anyones done this please let us know!!!
2015-3-14
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

ruddy951 Posted at 2015-3-14 22:12
I fly weekly and watching them load the cargo hold I would suggest  something along the lines of a p ...

Have you put the Inspire in cargo, and if you have how does it hold up? Also, have you been able to fit it as a carry on? I know on some airlines is about an inch over the carry on limit and sticks out of the carry on tester bin, but on the plane it fits fine.
2015-3-14
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

For short trips and day to day someone posted this image of a backpack that made sense to me and I ordered it from eBay $115.
040558wkmfmm5igmobrbna.jpg
2015-3-14
Use props
jimk714
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm looking for a mostly square backpack, 20" x 20"..
2015-3-15
Use props
omar211073
lvl.2

Thailand

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-15 01:05
For short trips and day to day someone posted this image of a backpack that made sense to me and I o ...

Can you post more pics of backpack?? You can fit also remote control inside ?
Thanks in advance
2015-3-15
Use props
crshep
lvl.1

United States

al2sar@icloud.c Posted at 2015-3-14 21:49
Looks like a great idea
Big question is how the original inspire case performs in the cargo hold of  ...

I have flown 3 round trips, one of which last week to Oahu and my inspire 1 is no worse for wear because of it. The little plastic buttons on the outside all broke off on one flight, half in my own car on he way to the airport, but the drone itself has been Uninjured.   I did put some extra foam in the top piece to give a bit more stability to the main body, and usually stuff a t-shirt in the case to keep the charger from bouncing around, but so far I'm not concerened about it.
I also carried that damn thing across the Chicago airport, and placed it in the overhead luggage rack just fine on a big plane (3 seats on either side of the isle) but was forced to take the batteries out and store it with gate checked luggage on a commuter plane.  After that I decided to check it.
My plan now is the start an LLC and gift the drone to it. Then rent it to myself. My insurance offers renters insurance that will cover it for about $5-10 a month with my other policies. Also my credit card covers lost or damaged luggage. Not sure if it covered the full cost of the Inspire 1, but better than nothing.
Just my $.02. Hope it was useful. The Hawaii videos were amazing by the way. I'll add some video after I process it.
2015-3-15
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

omar211073@hotm Posted at 2015-3-16 12:52
Can you post more pics of backpack?? You can fit also remote control inside ?
Thanks in advance

I got this from someone else that had posted it. I am waiting for the backpack to come so I can use it myself.
2015-3-16
Use props
domgarza
lvl.1

United States

The backpack is good for hiking, I've been using the MountainSmith phantom medium and works great, I have two remote, two batteries, charger, extra propeller and two Ipad 9.7" since the Mountainsmith was designed for hikers the backpack has good load support, padding air circulation.  I also use one of those neoprene case for iPad on my remote for extra protection.  I got the backpack from my local REI store for $80

2015-3-23
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Don't waste your money, get a frame pack like the Lastkraxe, it has way more comfy suspension and you can haul anything including firewood and more. That thing will pull hard on you shoulders and will suck big time on anything more than a km or two. Take from a hillbilly don't waste your time and money this is a gimmick, someone is capitalizing on the Inspire's success buy making an inferior product. There will be tons of shitty gear coming in line.
2015-3-24
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Actually even seeing this poor excuse for a backpack pisses me off! Look at the light duty nylon fabric, I wouldn't make a tent from that. And the lumbar support is non existent. This is as poorly designed as it could get. This company should get sued just for making that pack.
2015-3-24
Use props
flbstudio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is so brilliant.

I have a Pelican case that I use for most of my work, but this seems like a GREAT option for backcountry stuff...

I don't like the idea of splitting stuff up and this keeps it all in the original case!
2015-3-24
Use props
mastereagle88
New

Norway

snathla@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-17 02:55
I got this from someone else that had posted it. I am waiting for the backpack to come so I can us ...

Any update? Is it good or bad? link to similar backpacks?
2015-11-24
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I'm thinking of buying the InsPak sold by Bestem Aerial. So far they are the best I've seen. Anyone tried this ?
But, working for a long time in an Outdoor Adventure shop, I agree with Dangair. If you go hiking for a long time the best option is a frame pack.
2015-11-24
Use props
Adam Gibbs Phot
lvl.1

Canada

ruddy951 I have the backpack harness and it works okay, not great. It's a lot easier than hauling a case around in your hands. The problem with the harness that I have is that it is not particularly well designed. Would be great if a company such as Lowepro would make a decent pack for real world carrying into the woods and hills. Pelican cases and the like are great but not if you're trekking in the hills.
2015-11-24
Use props
jeffmcrae52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FlyGuy Posted at 2015-11-25 16:24
I'm thinking of buying the InsPak sold by Bestem Aerial. So far they are the best I've seen. Anyone  ...

Hi, yes i just received mine today the quality is good when you place it in the case the camera is a little tight but i think after a few times it will be allot smoother. its great that all you do is put the gimbal lock on remove the props and place it in,it will take 2 batteries plus one in the unit,2 controllers,ipad mini,camera box plus another compartment for odds and ends, props go in the lid. All up it is a very good back pack the zips work heaps better than the DJI case. worth the $s     Aerial@bestemusa.com
2015-11-24
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Belgium

The reason why I keep flying my Phatom 2 Vision Plus is because it is so easy to carry it with you. Just put it in the backpack and of you go. On foot, with your bike. It doesn't matter. The Inspire on the other hand ? I just don't like putting it into travel mode, then again in to landing mode and then back into travel mode whenever you want  to take it with you. What's more, the case it comes with is not an option to carry it with you on your back.
Next summer back to Austria. I needed a way to take my Inspire with me when I going hiking. A frame pack would have better better but I think the Inspak will do just fine.
Ordered mine 5 minutes ago.
Looking forward to try it out.
2015-11-25
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

I have tried an Alfa tactical backpac using the helmet place to carry the inspire 1. It works well.
2015-11-25
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Belgium

The Inspak is well worth the money. That is if you live in the States.  Ordered mine. Everything went fine untill it arrived at Belgian Customs. Got stuck there for over a week. When they finally released it , it came with an extra cost of € 120 (custom clearence costs) !!
But nevertheless I'm very happy with it. It feels comfortable on your back, looks great, room for all your extra's, etc. It even has room for my Osmo  if I dismount the gimbal. No problem there because since the update of a few days ago the Osmo works with the Inspire 1 gimbal.
The only problem is that it doesn't fit an iPad Air 2.
Looking forward to next summer, hiking in the Austrian Alps.
2015-12-11
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

hopefully someone makes a video
2015-12-11
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4