DJI Goggles to Phantom 4
8216 20 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EagleEyezz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4022 ft
United States

I just got my goggles today. I can't get them activated. I get as far as connecting to the DJI assistan 2 app on my PC and it has the lastest software. But then it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?

2017-6-16
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

You say it has the latest software.
You downloaded the newest version of DJI Assistant?
2017-6-16
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

Two additional questions:
Is Assistant recognizing the goggles and not doing anything, or is it not even seeing the goggles?
Are you using the cable that came with the goggles?
2017-6-16
Use props
EagleEyezz
lvl.1
United States

I have the latest DJI Assistant. When I connect to it , it recognizes the goggles, but the only icon that pops up is for Glasses for Mavic,
2017-6-16
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Turn on your goggles, it will ask you to activate then give you options to use to avtivate, choose Assistant 2
Connect goggles to computer with assistant 2 open and logged in
2017-6-17
Use props
EagleEyezz
lvl.1
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-17 03:53
Turn on your goggles, it will ask you to activate then give you options to use to avtivate, choose Assistant 2
Connect goggles to computer with assistant 2 open and logged in

I did that and the only thing it does is show the latest firmware for the Glasses
2017-6-17
Use props
EagleEyezz
lvl.1
United States

OK update: Got it to work.

I had to uninstall my DJI assistant app on my computer, Then Download the newest version. The Version I had would not update. Kept failing on the upgrade. So once I got the new version on it went fine. Hooked it up to my remote on my Phantom 4 via Mini USB cable and it works fine. I did a test flight on the smooth setting. It's smooth but not very clear. Next flight will be on the HD setting.

I will say the DJI online chat support was horrible. They kept referring me to a tech team that doesn't work weekends. I got the video from a fellow drone owner that experienced the same thing.
2017-6-17
Use props
fanseadc58fa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54259 ft
United States

Do all the features of the goggles work with phantom 4 pro
2017-6-19
Use props
EagleEyezz
lvl.1
United States

fanseadc58fa Posted at 2017-6-19 10:21
Do all the features of the goggles work with phantom 4 pro

I don't know. I have a regular Phantom 4. So far everything I have tried seems to work.
2017-6-19
Use props
alpha_omega5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77270 ft
Australia

hello

I got a regular phantom 4 as well and thinking about getting the goggles. I'm a bit concerned how compatible it will be with the P4. Can you elaborate what functions you have tried on your P4 ? have you tried head tracking gimbal/flight?
2017-7-13
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

alpha_omega5 Posted at 2017-7-13 20:41
hello

I got a regular phantom 4 as well and thinking about getting the goggles. I'm a bit concerned how compatible it will be with the P4. Can you elaborate what functions you have tried on your P4 ? have you tried head tracking gimbal/flight?

I believe that head tracking etc require a firmware update for the goggles and the drone to make them work, last time I looked it was coming soon etc, but at the moment it does not work.
2017-7-18
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

alpha_omega5 Posted at 2017-7-13 20:41
hello

I own the DJI Goggles, P4Pro and P4 and all have been updated to the latest firmware versions available as of the date of this post.  Both Head Tracking Gimbal and Head Tracking Flight modes work with my P4Pro. Head Tracking Gimbal mode works with my P4, but Head Tracking Flight mode does NOT work with my P4. This has been confirmed by at least two other P4 owners on these forums.
2017-7-18
Use props
alpha_omega5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77270 ft
Australia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-7-18 05:39
I own the DJI Goggles, P4Pro and P4 and all have been updated to the latest firmware versions available as of the date of this post.  Both Head Tracking Gimbal and Head Tracking Flight modes work with my P4Pro. Head Tracking Gimbal mode works with my P4, but Head Tracking Flight mode does NOT work with my P4. This has been confirmed by at least two other P4 owners on these forums.

Thanks that is helpful
2017-7-21
Use props
lip206
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481499 ft
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-7-18 05:39

hey I have the P4 how do I get past the limit on distance
2017-8-11
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lip206 Posted at 2017-8-11 20:34
hey I have the P4 how do I get past the limit on distance

If you have not already done so, with the DJI Goggles connected to your PC via USB cable, start up the DJI Assistant 2 app, log in to your DJI account, click on the DJI Goggles icon, and follow instructions to register/activate the Goggles.

In the field if you still are limited to 30M distance and/or height with the DJI Goggles and you have made certain that Beginner mode is turned off, try this:
Power up the P4 with your normal mobile device running DJI GO 4 connected to the RC. Make sure the distance limitations are no longer in effect by flying up or out more than 150 feet. Then land and without powering down the P4 or the RC, disconnect the mobile device and use the correct USB cable to connect the RC directly to the DJI Goggles USB connector instead. You should now have no flight restrictions when using your DJI Goggles and the control app on them.

Until this PITA rigamarole is eliminated by a future firmware update, you might also consider buying a DJI HDMI output module for your RC and installing it following detailed instructions available on a number of YouTube videos. Then you can connect your DJI Goggles to the HDMI output from the RC. Be sure to activate the option in the DJI GO app for simultaneous output to HDMI and mobile device. This RC HDMI connection will provide the highest-quality video to your Goggles, but you will need to connect a mobile device running DJI GO 4 to your RC and use it to activate flight modes, record your flight log, etc.  This is my preferred method of using the Goggles with my P4 and P4Pro aircraft right now.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Glad you got them to work. You can learn much on the goggles if you go to this link and review the tutorial videos as well as the Owner's Manual. Enjoy your gogglesL http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles
2017-8-14
Use props
fansa7ecf00b
New
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Colombia

With the latest updates, the tripod mode works well on the standard Phantom 4 but is not yet enabled on the DjiGoggles. Con las últimas actualizaciones, el modo tripode funciona bien en el Phantom 4 estandard pero no esta habilitado todavía en las dji goggles.
2017-8-22
Use props
fansa7ecf00b
New
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Colombia

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-8-12 10:48
If you have not already done so, with the DJI Goggles connected to your PC via USB cable, start up the DJI Assistant 2 app, log in to your DJI account, click on the DJI Goggles icon, and follow instructions to register/activate the Goggles.

In the field if you still are limited to 30M distance and/or height with the DJI Goggles and you have made certain that Beginner mode is turned off, try this:

With the latest updates, the tripod mode works well on the standard Phantom 4 but is not yet enabled on the DjiGoggles. Con las últimas actualizaciones, el modo tripode funciona bien en el Phantom 4 estandard pero no esta habilitado todavía en las dji goggles.
2017-8-22
Use props
fansf87a4431
lvl.2

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-8-12 10:48

Hey.
I have phantom 4 with RE goggles and planning to get hdmi module for my controller.. could you please tell me if I can get better live view with hdmi module then the usb cable?
Better then 720p 30fps?
2018-7-12
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
  • >>>

fansf87a4431 Posted at 2018-7-12 13:01
Hey.
I have phantom 4 with RE goggles and planning to get hdmi module for my controller.. could you please tell me if I can get better live view with hdmi module then the usb cable?
Better then 720p 30fps?

I don't have RE Goggles. With the older white DJI Goggles I get better image and much less pixelation using HDMI output from the optional HDMI module. BUT - you only get image transmission and you lose all ability to control the aircraft using the Goggles touch panel if you connect the white Goggles to the Phantom 4 or Phantom 4 Pro using the HDMI cable.
2018-7-14
Use props
fans8f89ac68
New
United States

I receive my goggles today and they will not activate using the latest firmware download it from the DJI site what am I doing wrong or what can I try
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules