Can't activate Spark
14896 65 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 01:00
Sorry, we are not able to activate it from the server. Did you follow the video which I posted in the post 15#? If it persists, please provide me with the details below.
1. SN of the drone;
2. Your DJI Account email;

1. SN Drone : 0ASDE5V0B100FZ
2. Email : victorsiaman@gmail.com
3. LOG

******init active*******[img]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw3Mxozu0cB3NHUteG05LXFyLUE[/img]

5. i use xiaomi mi5
2017-9-21
Use props
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

its that clear admin diana ?
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

victorsitoy Posted at 2017-9-21 02:37
its that clear admin diana ?

Thanks, got it, I've forwarded it to our engineers for analysis, will keep you updated.
2017-9-21
Use props
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 03:14
Thanks, got it, I've forwarded it to our engineers for analysis, will keep you updated.

hello admin,, really need help to activated it,,
2017-9-21
Use props
djiuser_X4aB2Y9
New
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 01:02
Yes, you can back to your own phone after you activated it, please refer to the video below to activate it first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so1b6BSQTzE&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i&index=15

Ha Diana, yesterday i tried to activate with a iphone... i think that it is activated now. I have contact with the drone and i can fly with the iphone....
The querry code did not respond...so what does that mean? Is het activated ore not? Can i see shomewhere that it is Activated?
My own mobile has contact with the WIFI from the RC but when i want to connect mi mobile directly withe the drone i can not find the Spark Wifi on mi own samsung mobile....
can you help
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_X4aB2Y9 Posted at 2017-9-22 02:07
Ha Diana, yesterday i tried to activate with a iphone... i think that it is activated now. I have contact with the drone and i can fly with the iphone....
The querry code did not respond...so what does that mean? Is het activated ore not? Can i see shomewhere that it is Activated?
My own mobile has contact with the WIFI from the RC but when i want to connect mi mobile directly withe the drone i can not find the Spark Wifi on mi own samsung mobile....

Thanks for your update, it should be activated since you are able to fly the drone, the motors can't be started if the drone hasn't been activated. You should disconnect the remote controller first, press and hold the power button for 6 seconds when the drone is powered up, then you'll be able to connect to the Spark WiFi directly. 1.png
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

victorsitoy Posted at 2017-9-21 20:11
hello admin,, really need help to activated it,,

We've reconfigured it, could you please try to activate it again? It should work now,
2017-9-22
Use props
Airbek
New
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-22 02:21
Thanks for your update, it should be activated since you are able to fly the drone, the motors can't be started if the drone hasn't been activated. You should disconnect the remote controller first, press and hold the power button for 6 seconds when the drone is powered up, then you'll be able to connect to the Spark WiFi directly. [view_image]

Thank you Diana....i have tried and thid what I has to do....
I can not see the drones wifi on my mobile.....
It is a samsung s6
Yesterday on the iPhone I saw the spark wifi...
Do you have a Gothaer suggestion?

2017-9-22
Use props
Airbek
New
Netherlands

Airbek Posted at 2017-9-22 04:47
Thank you Diana....i have tried and thid what I has to do....
I can not see the drones wifi on my mobile.....
It is a samsung s6

Diana...it worked with the 9 seconds tric!!
I can fly now with the Samsung
Thanks
2017-9-22
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-22 02:32
We've reconfigured it, could you please try to activate it again? It should work now,

I bought a spark yesterday and like many others can't seem to activate it, have tried 3 different phones, both ios and android, all fail at activation with server error message.

The drones sn is 0ASDE610B1009K

and my account is registered to kiranbir_s@hotmail.com

Helllllllp!
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Airbek Posted at 2017-9-22 06:48
Diana...it worked with the 9 seconds tric!!
I can fly now with the Samsung
Thanks

Sorry for the delay, just saw your posts, glad to hear that you've got it resolved, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-22 08:17
I bought a spark yesterday and like many others can't seem to activate it, have tried 3 different phones, both ios and android, all fail at activation with server error message.

The drones sn is 0ASDE610B1009K

Sorry for this, could you please also export the activate log for analysis, I'll check it for you, see if we can get it resolved remotely.
Here you can get the log: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active
Please upload the log file to Dropbox or google drive, and post the link here, thanks.
2017-9-25
Use props
tuonov4aprc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 614288 ft
Italy

maybe I found a solution, for those who use the remote control with Android mobile, minimal revision 5.
When you connect the smartphone to the remote control network, a "wireless internet connection" message appears after a few seconds. select "yes" and "do not ask for this network anymore".
it works for me.
2017-11-3
Use props
rsamsel1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25512 ft
United States

I am another super frustrated customer.  Have tried to make this work for about 4 days.  It simply does not work.  I am in the tech industry so this is not user error.  

I CAN connect to the drone.  I can actually fly the drone.  I CANNOT activate the drone.  If I go into the activate screen it give me the 4 step instructions on how to activate the drone.  I go into my device WiFi settings and connect to the drone.  That works fine.  Then when i go back to the app it is on the same screen.  The app does not recognize I am connected to the drone and give me an option to press next.  

I have tried on 2 different Android devices, a Kindle Fire, and an iPad.  I was not able to even download the app on the iPad as it says the app is not compatible with this iPad.

I need assistance resolving this.  It is currently boxed up and ready for return.  I will not be purchasing another DJI if this cannot be resolved.  This is a large bug and should have been resolved prior to release.  There clearly is an issue if the activation "has issues" on the most common mobile OS (Android).

Need assistance ASAP.
Rob Samsel
Redmond, WA
2018-3-11
Use props
rsamsel1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25512 ft
United States

This is a continuation of the previous post.  I see that in this thread you ask for logs from /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active.  That dir does not exist on my SD card even after several flights.  

The only log file I can find on the SD is D:\MISC\LOG and that folder is empty.

Thank you,
Rob Samsel
Redmond, WA
2018-3-11
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

Good luck, been waiting for 4 days for DJI to figure out why mine won't activate......using iPhone as well, flight time - 0!
2019-8-11
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-21 01:02
Yes, you can back to your own phone after you activated it, please refer to the video below to activate it first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so1b6BSQTzE&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i&index=15

Don't bother with this video.......it does not work!
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

briarphotos Posted at 8-11 13:24
Good luck, been waiting for 4 days for DJI to figure out why mine won't activate......using iPhone as well, flight time - 0!

Hi, sorry to know you've had issues in activating your DJI Spark. please update DJI GO 4 to the latest version. If a prompt pops up when scanning the QR code, please try to activate the aircraft via Wi-Fi. This issue will not affect the warranty and normal use. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If the prompt does not display when scanning the QR code, please ensure that the camera of your mobile device is not blocked, get closer to the QR code, keep the mobile device aligning with the label, and move the mobile device to adjust the scanning angle. Hope this helps. Thank you for your patience.
2019-8-11
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-11 16:07
Hi, sorry to know you've had issues in activating your DJI Spark. please update DJI GO 4 to the latest version. If a prompt pops up when scanning the QR code, please try to activate the aircraft via Wi-Fi. This issue will not affect the warranty and normal use. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. If the prompt does not display when scanning the QR code, please ensure that the camera of your mobile device is not blocked, get closer to the QR code, keep the mobile device aligning with the label, and move the mobile device to adjust the scanning angle. Hope this helps. Thank you for your patience.

Well that won't fly, got this response from one of your Super Moderators:  "Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the issue you are having. The scanning code activation is not currently available, please guide the customer to activate by APP."  So no matter how I try the scan, indoors - outdoors-sideways - no go!
2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

briarphotos Posted at 8-11 18:34
Well that won't fly, got this response from one of your Super Moderators:  "Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know the issue you are having. The scanning code activation is not currently available, please guide the customer to activate by APP."  So no matter how I try the scan, indoors - outdoors-sideways - no go!

Apologies for that, would it be possible to provide us a video of your operations when activating the aircraft? You may use a Dropbox account or Google drive link in the email ticket number 2271945. Our R&D's would be appreciated by your patience and understanding.
2019-8-12
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-12 07:17
Apologies for that, would it be possible to provide us a video of your operations when activating the aircraft? You may use a Dropbox account or Google drive link in the email ticket number 2271945. Our R&D's would be appreciated by your patience and understanding.

I have sent two videos to Daniel in Tech Support.......both show that the RC will not connect to the aircraft, and that I cannot even connect to the aircraft wifi with my iPhone.......I hold the button in on the back of the drone for up to 20 seconds and I never get the beep or beep-beep beep that I am supposed to hear to proceed.  Hate to say it, but think this is a bad unit.  I would expect DJI to send a replacement......not right that I should have to start out with a repaired unit!

I will try to record a video of the activation steps I am following, and then see if I can find a way to get that to you......first one I did was over 69mb, too large for my email.......only way I have to record is iPhone or Nikon DSLR and both make large files for anything over a few seconds;.

Please note that I really, I mean really, want to get a Spark flying.......have waited years for the right time to do so.

Thanks
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

briarphotos Posted at 8-12 13:08
I have sent two videos to Daniel in Tech Support.......both show that the RC will not connect to the aircraft, and that I cannot even connect to the aircraft wifi with my iPhone.......I hold the button in on the back of the drone for up to 20 seconds and I never get the beep or beep-beep beep that I am supposed to hear to proceed.  Hate to say it, but think this is a bad unit.  I would expect DJI to send a replacement......not right that I should have to start out with a repaired unit!

I will try to record a video of the activation steps I am following, and then see if I can find a way to get that to you......first one I did was over 69mb, too large for my email.......only way I have to record is iPhone or Nikon DSLR and both make large files for anything over a few seconds;.

Hi, thank you for confirming. You may either use a Dropbox or Google drive in sending the file. Kindly provide the link and we'll take it from there. We appreciate you on being patient on this. Please reach us back the soonest time possible for the videos. Thank you.
2019-8-12
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

Ok, have a Dropbox account, but without an email how do I share the file when I upload it so that you can download and review.  Have DSLR set up on tripod and ready to go.
2019-8-13
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-12 13:39
Hi, thank you for confirming. You may either use a Dropbox or Google drive in sending the file. Kindly provide the link and we'll take it from there. We appreciate you on being patient on this. Please reach us back the soonest time possible for the videos. Thank you.

Received a UPS label from DJI to return my Spark for replacement.  Thanks for trying to help me through this.  I should have a new Fly More Package in 10-15 days and be ready to join the other flyers!

Thanks.........
2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

briarphotos Posted at 8-16 10:22
Received a UPS label from DJI to return my Spark for replacement.  Thanks for trying to help me through this.  I should have a new Fly More Package in 10-15 days and be ready to join the other flyers!

Thanks.........

Hi briarphotos, no worries. It's been a pleasure helping you with your replacement case. Should there be any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-8-17
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-17 07:42
Hi briarphotos, no worries. It's been a pleasure helping you with your replacement case. Should there be any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

Ok, got word my Spark is due to arrive next Tuesday.

I do however have concerns with the activation process.  I have read the Spark manual, watched the DJI videos, watched at least half a dozen YouTube videos on the activation process, but nothing is clear……..in fact below are the various set of steps that I have come across:

-  Method 1
        — start the aircraft
        — start the remote controller
        — connect the iPhone to the remote wifi
        — start the Go 4 app
        — follow the app instructions to activate and name the drone
        — run any updates offered

Method 2
        — start the remote controller
        — start the aircraft
        — connect the iPhone to the remote wifi
        — start the Go 4 app

Method 3
        — start the aircraft
        — press and hold the power button to activate the aircraft wifi
        — connect the iPhone to the aircraft wifi
        — run aircraft updates
        — disconnect from the aircraft wifi
        — start the remote and connect to the remote wifi
        — start the Go 4 app
        — link the remote to the aircraft

Method 4
        — start the aircraft
        — press and hold the power button to activate the aircraft wifi
        — connect the iPhone to the aircraft wifi
        — start the Go 4 app  
        — run aircraft updates
        — disconnect from the aircraft wifi
        — exit the Go 4 app
        — start the remote and connect to the remote wifi
        — start the Go 4 app
        — link the remote to the aircraft

Please advise, I’ve built and flown RC aircraft, other drones that were just fly out of the box and am not so concerned about launching and flying the Spark.  But getting it activated seems to be a very convoluted process with no clear sequence of steps, and I want to get it right.

If there are is a firm, works every time, set of steps available I would greatly appreciate it if you could send them to me before my craft arrives.

Many Thanks,

Bill

2019-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules