Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't activate Spark
154577 154577 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timpossible
lvl.1
United States

I received my Spark today and was quite excited.
I became quite the opposite after spending over 3 hours trying to activate it. I chatted online with support, who guided me through everything I'd already tried, but with no success. I'm stuck at the screens attached. I don't want to send it back, but it looks like I may have to.

Any suggestions?

Stuck here

Stuck here
2017-6-16
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Connect to back t9 3g/4g or wifi with internet connection.
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It seems the activation has been done, would you please exit the APP then connect it to aircraft again to see whether it's working fine?
If still the same, please PM me your aircraft SN so we can check it for you, thanks.
2017-6-18
Use props
djiuser_mvYTpL2
New

Iran

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 23:34
It seems the activation has been done, would you please exit the APP then connect it to aircraft again to see whether it's working fine?
If still the same, please PM me your aircraft SN so we can check it for you, thanks.

I try to active my spark but this massage show.
2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_mvYTpL2
New

Iran

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 23:34

I try to active my spark but this massage show 'check your internet connection...' and not active my dji spark please help.

2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_mvYTpL2
New

Iran

djiuser_mvYTpL2 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:44
I try to active my spark but this massage show 'check your internet connection...' and not active my dji spark please help.

SN 《OASUE6TOO101AT》
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_mvYTpL2 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:44

What mobile device you used to activate it? Please make sure the internet is great, you could try to connect another internet network (Wi-Fi or 4G) or change another mobile device to activate it again.
2017-8-7
Use props
Kachkeis
New
France

Hi all,

same problem here, app installed without problems on two android devices, I have tried with and without RC, switching from Wi-Fi to 4G and back, going back the steps, reinsalling apps, but it keeps failing at "activate". Very frustrating, new to flying, Spark Combo is now mine and I have to stare at it all day long...

I will give it another try an on a new tablet. My trip to Norway is 10 days from now and I reallyyyyyyy want to take the Spark with me
2017-8-9
Use props
Kachkeis
New
France

Hi all,

same problem here but never got the "activated" message but the one with the absent internet connection, app installed without problems on two android devices, I have tried with and without RC, switching from Wi-Fi to 4G and back, going back the steps, reinsalling apps, but it keeps failing at "activate". Very frustrating, new to flying, Spark Combo is now mine and I have to stare at it all day long...

Strange: When I choose to log off the logged in account it is possible to give the app a new account. When I test to log into my existing account by using a misstyped password it reacts directly and says that the password is wrong, SO there IS an internet connection to the DJI servers...

I will give it another try an on a new tablet. My trip to Norway is 10 days from now and I reallyyyyyyy want to take the Spark with me
2017-8-9
Use props
Kachkeis
New
France

Kachkeis Posted at 2017-8-9 14:10
Hi all,

same problem here but never got the "activated" message but the one with the absent internet connection, app installed without problems on two android devices, I have tried with and without RC, switching from Wi-Fi to 4G and back, going back the steps, reinsalling apps, but it keeps failing at "activate". Very frustrating, new to flying, Spark Combo is now mine and I have to stare at it all day long...

Well, here I am again....and it worked I activated that thing. Here's a post for people who have the same problem and where even Dji Support does not know how to help anymore.
Mod: That's why you should not delete this post forever.

Here's what I've done before the miracle happened:

Installed and reinstalled the Dji Go4 App many times on two Android devices, trying 100 times a day back and forth to get over the one step where the mess begins at every try: The moment where the activation pop-up appeared and you said yes to the stuff and the steps after (Beginner mode on/off, Gesture mode on/off etc.).

Every time the moment of thruth come (where you should click on "activate" to connect to the DJI servers for a second in order to validate your account and so on) it did not work, every time it said "Check your internet connection blabla", even if my Wi-Fi or my 4G worked perfectly. Believe me, I got the Spark on a Monday and four days later big frustration was all I had left.

Configurations were all fine, the App ran more or less smoothly and I could see that the drone was connected and reacting to Rc commands like gimble moving, in mobile or rc mode, everything Ok except that damn activation thing which kept me from doing anything with my drone, even firmware updates.

Dji Support Chat: Explained the story to a nice guy of the DJI Team France, he gave some tipps and I said I would try them out and also give it a shot with a newer tablet than my actual one. The new tablet, which, according to many vlogs and internet sources, worked fine with the Spark (Lenovo Tab 3 7 inch with 4G and 2Gb Ram).

Well, here we are. It still did not work.

Then I had an idea.

Oh yes. And it was the right one and it took me only one try and it worked perfectly to activate and, one minute after, my drone was in the air.

What did I do? Well...

Asked a friend with an iPhone.

Installed the app, logged in, connected with the Rc and the drone, Bam. Activated.

Have fun.
2017-8-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really like happy endings.
2017-8-11
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86621 ft
Italy

Hello, just arrived today my Spark. I was so much excited but I encountered the same issue of the others, too. Honestly I don't have close friends with Iphone and my other device is microsoft so I just have Android devices to try to activate the drone. Is there really no other solution than ask to someone who posses an Iphone. To be honest I feel this like a joke. I'm starting to be upset and it's only the first day. Don't know how Kachkeis was able to manage it for almost one week. I tried the QR and can't read it clearly. Tried the normal way and nothing. It asks me for a network even if my networks work more than perfectly. I wil try with other 2 devices and then I'll desperately search for an Iphone from my friends....
2017-9-14
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Android phones work just fine. If you haven't watched these videos, here is a start. Pretty straight-forward instructions. Instruction videos
2017-9-14
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Italy

brasda91 Posted at 2017-9-14 15:23
Android phones work just fine. If you haven't watched these videos, here is a start. Pretty straight-forward instructions. Instruction videos

I followed the video tutorial 3 times and at the moment of the activation the message is that there is no internet connection. Now I'm updating the Spark with DJI Assistant 2 and then I'll check again if it works.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

bignathan88 Posted at 2017-9-14 22:21
I followed the video tutorial 3 times and at the moment of the activation the message is that there is no internet connection. Now I'm updating the Spark with DJI Assistant 2 and then I'll check again if it works.

If it is possible, please try different networks to activate it, mobile data or WiFi, please keep us updated.
2017-9-14
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Italy

This is the message that appears me at the moment of activation. But my network is working perfectly. Don't knoe what to do. I tried with other 2 android devices but nothing
2017-9-14
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

but sorry,in your screenshot i see Wifi connection smartphone and rc(or spark) and don't see other connection
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bignathan88 Posted at 2017-9-14 23:06
[view_image]

This is the message that appears me at the moment of activation. But my network is working perfectly. Don't knoe what to do. I tried with other 2 android devices but nothing

Have you switched the WiFi to your home WiFi which has internet access? Have you watched the video which I provided in my previous post? This video will show you how to switch the WiFi during the activation process.
2017-9-14
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Italy

Yes I did. When it asks to select internet connection I simply removed the Spark WiFi and connected to my home WiFi.

Now I just putted in my smartphone my simCard and then I will try again with 4G that I tried yesterday

2017-9-15
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Italy

Just tried to uninstall and reinstall the app several times already. Tried with 4G, WiFi and repeated the process many times from beginning. Can't activate
2017-9-15
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Italy

brasda91 Posted at 2017-9-14 15:23

Little update.
I followed several solutions from the support.
1. Reset of the Spark wifi (holding down for 9 secs the power button)
    I was able to connect the smartphone to the drone without RC, before I didn't see the network, but during the activation process it didn't work. Tried with 3 diffent android devices ( 2 android 4.4.2 and 1 android 4.4.4) Didn't work
2. Tried to activate using the video tutorial for the Fly More Combo. So I linked the quadcopter to the RC and then the smartphones (tried 3 times too) to the RC wifi. Didn't work.
    All these attempts I tried using the 4G network and the WiFi network
3. Updated to the newest version using the DJI Assistant 2 tool for PC. Didn't Work.

I contacted the DJI online support but their suggestions were simply the same things I tried.
Sent an email and the guy, gently, asked me to return the product so that they can replace it. Honestly I doubt it is the drone himself. Tomorrow I hope I can borrow an Iphone to try to activate with it. If works I'll let you immediately know.
2017-9-15
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Italy

4th reply. I'm becoming stressful to you all. This is the last update in this discussion anyway.

Was able to borrow an Iphone and it activated immediately the drone. Now I can make it fly.
4. Solution is to use an Iphone. It worked immediately in my case too. I think there is an issue with some android devices.

Ok, sorry for these many messages. Good night to every one and thanks for your attention
2017-9-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For the android users who don't have access to a apple device,  have you tried down grading your DJI Go4 app to a previous version ?

2017-9-16
Use props
bignathan88
lvl.1
Italy

This solution worked perfectly when I had to update the RC. In fact I fear that it will be a bad android issue until next app's update.
2017-9-17
Use props
djiuser_NaxVK2j
New
Canada

I got my spark sat morning cant activate on my samsung  tablet or samsung android phone. the dji store i bought it from had no answers. i seen this post and did use a friends iphone to activate. i installed dji go4 app and logged in. named it and did the rest it didnt say activation successfull but it showed the firmware updates, so i assumed it was activated ( didnt ask me to activate again on the iphone). so i stayed on the iphone till all the firmwares were done.  then i switched to my android logged in and it instantlly went to activation. every time a window pops up saying check internet connection (see photo above) i went back to friends iphone and it doesnt ask for activation or is there a place to active. ive had two days ive seen all the dji vids did them... was on youtube nothing. this is the closest post to my problem. im gonna drive back to dji tommorrow and give them a chance to activate it ( thats all)  if not im bringing my receipt. think dji would be right on a update asap or a pc way of activating for android till then. dji ceo and apple ceo must be cousins. im not switching to apple to fly new dji products, shouldnt have too. help my red brick!
2017-9-17
Use props
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

i cant activated my spark too,, already borrow an iphone but still not connect, really need help
2017-9-20
Use props
khaier83
New

Malaysia

For those who manage to activate via iphone, is the activation process are still appeare in your android device?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_NaxVK2j Posted at 2017-9-17 15:13
I got my spark sat morning cant activate on my samsung  tablet or samsung android phone. the dji store i bought it from had no answers. i seen this post and did use a friends iphone to activate. i installed dji go4 app and logged in. named it and did the rest it didnt say activation successfull but it showed the firmware updates, so i assumed it was activated ( didnt ask me to activate again on the iphone). so i stayed on the iphone till all the firmwares were done.  then i switched to my android logged in and it instantlly went to activation. every time a window pops up saying check internet connection (see photo above) i went back to friends iphone and it doesnt ask for activation or is there a place to active. ive had two days ive seen all the dji vids did them... was on youtube nothing. this is the closest post to my problem. im gonna drive back to dji tommorrow and give them a chance to activate it ( thats all)  if not im bringing my receipt. think dji would be right on a update asap or a pc way of activating for android till then. dji ceo and apple ceo must be cousins. im not switching to apple to fly new dji products, shouldnt have too. help my red brick!

Sorry for this, have you got it resolved? If not, could you please provide me with the SN of the drone and your DJI account? Besides, are you able to start the motors when the drone is connected to the iPhone?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

victorsitoy Posted at 2017-9-20 17:24
i cant activated my spark too,, already borrow an iphone but still not connect, really need help

Could you please provide me more details of this issue of your drone for better assistance? Can you see the WiFi on your iPhone? What error message you've got?
2017-9-20
Use props
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-20 20:30
Could you please provide me more details of this issue of your drone for better assistance? Can you see the WiFi on your iPhone? What error message you've got?

error when i try activated, already fillt he name, metric dll, and the last when i choose activated, the picture say server error, please try again later.
2017-9-20
Use props
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

i already try it for two days since i buy
2017-9-20
Use props
fans39706cfa
New

Malaysia

Yes...i manage to activate my spark by using my friend iphone 7. Dji must address this issue (on android)as most of the spark user are newbie.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

victorsitoy Posted at 2017-9-20 21:10
i already try it for two days since i buy

Sorry for this, have you tried to use both WiFi and mobile data to activate it? Please reinstall the APP, then try it again on your iPhone.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans39706cfa Posted at 2017-9-20 22:21
Yes...i manage to activate my spark by using my friend iphone 7. Dji must address this issue (on android)as most of the spark user are newbie.

Thanks for your feedback, we care much about it, will forward it to our engineers and keep improving to provide you all better product and service.
2017-9-20
Use props
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-20 22:54
Sorry for this, have you tried to use both WiFi and mobile data to activate it? Please reinstall the APP, then try it again on your iPhone.

yeah i test it all, use 3 handhpone and 3 dji go 4 app version 4.1.2  4.1.5 4.1.9 still same can u activated itu from dji server ?
2017-9-20
Use props
djiuser_X4aB2Y9
New
Netherlands

Pfff i have the same problem....i am using a Samsung 6s...
It is verry strange...i see the Spark WiFi  RC...i managed to upgrade the software of both..the RC and the drone....
But I can't activate ... I don't see the wifi spark without the RC..

I can borrow a iPhone today....when i can activate it...can I after the activation simply back to my own phone?

I feel like a Nono

Please can you help....

2017-9-20
Use props
Bytestorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3678 ft
Germany

I had the same problem. Thing with my phone is: while it is connected to any WiFi, it doesn't use the mobile-data for internet-connection. So while connected to the WiFi of the spark, it doesn't have internet-connection. (OnePlus 3).

Just disable Wifi for the app to find internet. And after that reconnect to the drone. It worked for me.
2017-9-20
Use props
victorsitoy
New

Indonesia

Bytestorm Posted at 2017-9-20 23:44
I had the same problem. Thing with my phone is: while it is connected to any WiFi, it doesn't use the mobile-data for internet-connection. So while connected to the WiFi of the spark, it doesn't have internet-connection. (OnePlus 3).

Just disable Wifi for the app to find internet. And after that reconnect to the drone. It worked for me.

i already use wifi and 4g but it keep failed, the message  Activation Failed ( Server Error )
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

victorsitoy Posted at 2017-9-20 23:54
i already use wifi and 4g but it keep failed, the message  Activation Failed ( Server Error )

Sorry, we are not able to activate it from the server. Did you follow the video which I posted in the post 15#? If it persists, please provide me with the details below.
1. SN of the drone;
2. Your DJI Account email;
3. Find the Activate Log on your phone, here is the path: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active;
4.  A screenshot of the error message;
5. The model numbers of the handphones you've tried.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_X4aB2Y9 Posted at 2017-9-20 23:33
Pfff i have the same problem....i am using a Samsung 6s...
It is verry strange...i see the Spark WiFi  RC...i managed to upgrade the software of both..the RC and the drone....
But I can't activate ... I don't see the wifi spark without the RC..

Yes, you can back to your own phone after you activated it, please refer to the video below to activate it first.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules