Flying In The UK
3867 15 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansca03f17f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25499 ft
United Kingdom

Is it me or is it getting harder and harder to fly a drone in the UK?

I recently visited Carding Mill Valley and prior to going I checked their website and contacted them regarding taking my drone. Unfortunately they finally replied after I'd visited and subsequently didn't take the drone with me. Their reply wasn't much help anyway as they advised me to contact someone else.

I'm now on my way to visit the Peak District. Again I'm facing the same dilemma. My email regarding drone usage has been responded to with a "speak to someone else" response.

It's quite frustrating when you look online and see other people showing drone footage of these lovely bits of British Countryside. What does everyone else do when it comes to taking their drone with them? The areas aren't listed as no fly zones and as long as we follow the drone code we should be able to use them.
2017-6-16
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always check to see what residential/business structures are round my fly area, measure the distance if there is any and try my best to keep legal. I have done ladybower, Derwent water and a few reservoirs round sheffield. When people come up to me and ask what I'm doing - educate them and show them the view from above. More often than not they are amazed as most people don't understand what they are apart from whats on the news. Download UAV Forcast as this has weather for the day and shows a map of any potential no-fly zones by DJI and by the CAA. Hope this helps. Planning is key before you go out my friend.
2017-6-28
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

I thought all of the Peak District park was a no fly zone?
2017-6-28
Use props
johnmichaels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 316585 ft
United Kingdom

looks ok according to

no fly drones

2017-7-11
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in Northern Ireland, and went flying around Scrabo Tower near Newtownards on Sunday night.

It's within the 2 mile boundary of the Ards airport and the Ulster Flying Club, but I made sure to visit the club in the evening, and confirm there was no traffic, take offs or landings.

The flying club manager was there -  thanked me for checking, and it was appreciated - followed by go enjoy myself.

Good to see that not everyone is anti-drone.
2017-7-25
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i fly to the drone code and get some good pictures one thing you get told no to flying in some places that you can fly in by people that don't know
2017-11-14
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Rigger73 Posted at 2017-7-25 03:47
I'm in Northern Ireland, and went flying around Scrabo Tower near Newtownards on Sunday night.

It's within the 2 mile boundary of the Ards airport and the Ulster Flying Club, but I made sure to visit the club in the evening, and confirm there was no traffic, take offs or landings.

Good advice. Thanks.
2018-2-6
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

I'd love to fly my drone at the Giant's Causeway, but the National Trust have a blanket ban on flying drones on their land - and the Giant's Causeway is a considerable bit of land.

They are covering their arris, by stating they are protecting privacy.  Balls.

When I fly a drone - I don't want people in the image - I want to film the landscape.

I've even had people waiting in shot, when Ive been shooting wth the DSLR because they thought I was a Pro-Photographer - and they might get in a magazine.
It's a bit of a let down, when you ask them why they keep looking and smiling at the camera.  All you want is the shot - not some wannabe in your frame.
2018-2-6
Use props
heelsgingerbrea
lvl.1

Ukraine

We offer accounting services to small and medium-sized businesses (accounting services only in Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia), providing efficient and convenient services, offering cost-effective solutions for your accounting and payroll in any of the Baltic States. We carry out a complete financial analysis of accounting and timely notification of the manager about any risks that threaten the successful development of the business. We are engaged in the preparation of accounting reports, all necessary accounting documents related to Latvia, and their delivery to the State Revenue Service, the Central Statistical Bureau and other institutions of the Republic of Latvia. https://www.baltic-legal.com/legal-services-eng.htm
2021-9-27
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

I'm sorry!  That is so frustrating.
2021-9-28
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

And you are being responsible and trying to do the right thing.  Sucks
2021-9-28
Use props
Nowtleft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 936325 ft
United Kingdom

Nixtoo Posted at 2017-6-28 11:25
I thought all of the Peak District park was a no fly zone?

The Peak District NP is a joke. It’s the most badly run National Park. Why? Because crappy farmers pull the strings and 90% of the members are useless. Common sense!
2022-11-24
Use props
Nowtleft
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A quick poll. How many responders to this thread have been in trouble when they were flying responsibly. .
2022-11-24
Use props
Nowtleft
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nowtleft Posted at 11-24 12:48
The Peak District NP is a joke. It’s the most badly run National Park. Why? Because crappy farmers pull the strings and 90% of the members are useless. Common sense!

PS the only droning in the OPDNP is at the members meetings! I’m one of the few who beat a crappy farmer over making a mess of a farm in the NP. That went down well in the local area(!,, The PDNPA we’re on my side but you’d have wondered if you didn’t know.
2022-11-24
Use props
Nowtleft
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Look the drone laws are stupid. Fly with common sense and courtesy abiding the sensible rules and enjoy yourselves. Driving to your fly site is FAR more dangerous than flying your drone. Cars aren’t banned are they?
2022-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just check the NFZ information for a location,  never ask permission from a land owner as they dont own the air.   
2022-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules