Spark firmware update
17429 24 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbd8e8504
New
Flight distance : 156818 ft
Hong Kong

The Spark firmware update message pops up when it is connected to my mobile phone via WiFi connection, but the update can never be completed. Since the mobile phone WiFi connection is being occupied by Spark, and it won't be able to connect to DJI internet site to download the firmware file even it has mobile interenet access.
Why not DJI provide the firmware file download in their website? The above setup is kind of dead-loop design and it may drive users crazy! Besides, the DJI Assistant for Windows does NOT at all and my Spark can only fly with the factory firmware.

Can DJI provide better solution for us to keep the drones' firmware up-to-date and thanks.
2017-6-16
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

There is a DJI tutorial video at the top of this page that shows you how to update.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, may I know you managed to upgrade it successfully or not?
Here is a video for your reference to upgrade it via APP, hope that helps.
2017-6-18
Use props
Mburgman
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 22:20
Sorry to hear about that, may I know you managed to upgrade it successfully or not?
Here is a video for your reference to upgrade it via APP, hope that helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAuhlAmSFfA&t=2s

I have been trying for an hour to get DJI go 4 to connect to the Spark.  The QR code reader fails every time.  Spark also does not show up in my WiFi list.  The Remote controller does, but not the spark.  Also hear that the software constantly crashes during flight.  Is there a forum with information that will help me or should I just ship this back?  Are there software updates coming soon to fix this???
2017-6-23
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

You want to link your phone / tablet to the Remote Controller if you have it.  There is a password for the RC on the bottom of the Remote Controller (every one I've seen has the same password -- 12341234 -- but you should check your Remote Controller).  As long as you have the Remote Controller, that's what connects to your phone / tablet and the Remote Control connects to the Spark.

Good Flying!
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mburgman Posted at 2017-6-23 14:22
I have been trying for an hour to get DJI go 4 to connect to the Spark.  The QR code reader fails every time.  Spark also does not show up in my WiFi list.  The Remote controller does, but not the spark.  Also hear that the software constantly crashes during flight.  Is there a forum with information that will help me or should I just ship this back?  Are there software updates coming soon to fix this???

Please try to reset the WiFi if it is not in the list, turn on aircraft, then press the power button for about 6 seconds, you will hear "D-D", then try to check it again.
Would you please try to upgrade aircraft through Assistant 2?
2017-6-25
Use props
fansbd8e8504
New
Flight distance : 156818 ft
Hong Kong

hi Natalia, I had successfully update the firmware of my Spark with using iOS device instead of Android device. Thanks for your kind information.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans16fa2cd0
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Does DJI list firmware update changes anywhere?
2017-7-7
Use props
denis.zen
New
Italy

Can you please write the link for the last firmware update? Can't find it anywhere and through the app doea not work
2017-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

There is no such link to my knowledge. Just use the DJI Assistant on your PC to do the update or to check if you have the latest (.600) installed. This is the best method.
2017-9-9
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

denis.zen@zenwe Posted at 2017-9-9 02:09
Can you please write the link for the last firmware update? Can't find it anywhere and through the app doea not work

This thread was started in June, and I think there have been two updates since that time.  If your app is reporting that you are on the latest firmware, then you don't need to perform any updates.

In fact (supposedly) the latest firmware update (August 21) was mandatory, and if not applied by owners their sparks would have been grounded.

I suspect that you have the latest installed right now.

There were hints of the next update discussed in the forums, as one of the DJI reps had spoken publicly of a release which would include a new quick shot.  Rumor was, however, that this DJI rep jumped the gun and wasn't suppose to announce anything, and that the next firmware release was not close.
2017-9-9
Use props
djiuser_BzkR58d
New
United States

DJI spark remote wont update. Says you are in compatibility update or lacking update log..... Help please!!!!
2017-9-9
Use props
L25
New
Ukraine

djiuser_BzkR58d Posted at 2017-9-9 16:53
DJI spark remote wont update. Says you are in compatibility update or lacking update log..... Help please!!!!

The same for me, it beeps for 10-20 mins and then shutdown. Tried on several android devices. Not able to try on iOS ones.
2017-9-10
Use props
Steffo_Sweden
New
Sweden

L25: I think I got the same problem that you have. I am trying to update my controller firmware to version 01.00.0400 but I don´t get it to work. The update says the updating is processing up to 5 % then the controller just contiunes to beep for about 10 min and then shuts down - end of story.

I seems that I can´t get the controller to update to version 01.00.0400 no matter how I try.

English is not my first language so I apologize for any linguistic mistakes I have made.
2017-9-12
Use props
Rubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224921 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, it does appear a bit complicated but what I did was (Android) settings and change the Wifi to my home, download firmware, change wifi to drone wifi and away it went with no hitches. It gets to 99% and appears to stop. Wait, it does go all the way and completes the update.
2017-9-12
Use props
sbuss
New
United Kingdom

@L25 @Steffo_Sweden me too on android
2017-9-15
Use props
sbuss
New
United Kingdom

I also get 'DJI spark remote wont update. Says you are in compatibility update or lacking update log' on android
2017-9-15
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe that this is elsewhere in the forums (though I couldn't find it in a quick search).  Others have reported difficulties in updating the RC.  The issue was that there's some kind of feature or bug in DJI GO 4 4.1.8 that is causing this, and that the way to perform the update is to go back to DJI 40 4 4.1.5, perform the RC update, and then update the app back to 4.1.8.  I wish I could find the post, as I just summarized the steps and the post has more detailed instructions.
2017-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Here we go: http://forum.dji.com/thread-106913-1-2.html
All who have problems updating their RC, please read that thread and do the update with an older version if DJI GO. It is only relevant for Android version 4.1.8, which hopefully will be replaced soon since the whole issue is getting somewhat tiring if nobody reads the other posts in this forum...
2017-9-15
Use props
fans07c63b39
New

Chile

Steffo_Sweden Posted at 2017-9-12 11:01
L25: I think I got the same problem that you have. I am trying to update my controller firmware to version 01.00.0400 but I don´t get it to work. The update says the updating is processing up to 5 % then the controller just contiunes to beep for about 10 min and then shuts down - end of story.

I seems that I can´t get the controller to update to version 01.00.0400 no matter how I try.

Hi Steffan,I think we have the same problem with the remote and the update process, it get stuck at 5%. how did you solve it? Thanks for the feedback.
2017-9-23
Use props
vufindr954
lvl.1
United States

Download the assistant from there website onto a PC or laptop. Much much easier !!!
2018-1-3
Use props
ufo69me
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2438 ft

esc earr affter update
2018-7-27
Use props
pibarrett
lvl.1

United States

I'm past crazy! I'm ready to give up droning! They have convoluted the EASY system with idiots in charge! if you take away the OTG cable and connect to AC with the wifi, then there is no way to connect to internet and the upgrade stays at 0%. I've tried everything. but there is no such thing as everything with computers. there must be a backdoor we don't know.
2022-9-14
Use props
pibarrett
lvl.1

United States

can I fly a spark with Moto g 6 or Moto Power? my new Pixel 6 won't download firmware 0600 and 1000 to be able to fly. also, do I have to have a sim card in the cell phone? is wifi the way to connect to download the firmware? I think the instructs say to connect ot RC on wifi, while it has no internet. I think you have to connect with your wifi to download firmware, then connect to RC to upgrade that download to the RC, batts, and spark.
2022-9-16
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

pibarrett Posted at 9-14 07:40
I'm past crazy! I'm ready to give up droning! They have convoluted the EASY system with idiots in charge! if you take away the OTG cable and connect to AC with the wifi, then there is no way to connect to internet and the upgrade stays at 0%. I've tried everything. but there is no such thing as everything with computers. there must be a backdoor we don't know.

Hi,

I think it is best to use DJI Assistent software on your PC or Mac to update the bird's firmware.
Another possibility is to connect your phone via OTG cable to your R/C, and have your phone's wireless connected to a Wifi network to provide internet access.

HTH,
Cheers
2022-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules