Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New iOS app for DJI Phantom Vision / Vision Plus
5010 18 2015-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Today we just released our app for iOS plaform.  It is developed by the official DJI SDK and is available at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision-pilot/id959214218 . It currently has most features you can already find in the DJI vision app, except ground station.

We also added some unique features that do not exist in DJI vision app:

Map and FPV Display

Demo video at

• Full FPV – FPV view in full screen.
  • Full Map – Display Full map screen.
  • FPV in full screen and map at lower right corner
  • Map in full screen and FPV view at lower right corner.
  • Aircraft navigation mode: map is zoom in/out and rotated based on the direction the aircraft is traveling in. Aircraft appears stationary while the map underneath it appears to be moving and rotating.
  • Pilot navigation mode: map is zoom in/out and rotated based on iDevice bearing.
  • Shortest path(Green line shown in the map view) between home and aircraft point.
  • Wifi Orientator: help orients the wifi range extender towards your aircraft to maintain wifi signal.

Wifi Booster (only for Vision+)

One click enhances the WiFi Video Reception Performance. It will boost the output signal up to 100% from both the Range Extender and Transmitter to increase the FPV range.

Flight Log System
Record flight details of each flight (eg. GPS latitude longitude altitude speed, battery level, IMU data). Export/Import file of flight history to/from your iDevice.   

More info about export/import at

How to Vision Pilot iOS Export / Import Log History

http://www.facebook.com/notes/vision-pilot/vision-pilot-ios-export-import-log-history/1637886266445081

How to import Vision Pilot flight log to Dashware:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/vision-pilot/how-to-import-vision-pilot-flight-log-to-dashware/1638085329758508

All flight history records are summarized as

Different functions (Play / Pause / Fast forward) to run through the flight path and you can review the flight info (eg. battery, satellite count, location, speed, distance, altitude..) during playback.

Flight Route Editor

Enter map edit mode and draw the flight route that is intended to pilot the drone manually.

Other Features:

iOS compass cablibration module that prompts for recalibration if the compass heading is found inaccurate.

2015-3-14
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

Have you tested this with the 8.2 release pushed Thursday?
2015-3-14
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Now get it onto Android and im sold.

Seems its a toss up now between kenargo's app and this one.
2015-3-14
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

It is available for Android. Check the Play Store.
2015-3-14
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

I have this App on my Ipad mini wifi+cell and it works great... Cept it lacks the ground station feature  so i won't be using it much because of that.
2015-3-14
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

smatchet42@hotm Posted at 2015-3-15 02:25

Sorry the OP posted

"Today we just released our app for iOS plaform."

So i assumed wrongly that it was just for Apple platform

But if it doesnt have Ground station, then im not interested as most of my flights are done using GS, kenargo here i come.

Pity someone cant meld them together
2015-3-14
Use props
craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913648 ft
United States

Is there a Point of Interest ability? I would pay double for that one feature
2015-3-14
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

craig@globalvid Posted at 2015-3-15 05:08
Is there a Point of Interest ability? I would pay double for that one feature

sorry that point of interest does not exist in current release. since DJI SDK does not have this function, we need to develop our own module from scratch. We prefer to finish some features  (eg. GPS and battery failure monitor...)  suggested by our customers before getting into the Ground station development.
2015-3-15
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-3-15 02:39
I have this App on my Ipad mini wifi+cell and it works great... Cept it lacks the ground station fea ...

Actually there is a way to use DJI Vision app GS feature and our app at the same time.    First you start the GS and load your waypoints to your aircraft.  And then press GO button to take off.  
After that, quit the DJI Vision app and then launch our app.  Our app flight log system would record your flight.
2015-3-15
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-3-15 00:36

Will test it with iOS 8.2 soon.
2015-3-15
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

For iOS user, since usually it takes ten days for apple to approve the app. If you have any feedback and question, please email us asap.
2015-3-15
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Ireland

I just tested the app with iOS 8.2.

Everything seems to be working fine and it does the same job as the vision app. The little built in map (which you can expand) when using FPV and the flight recorder are some really nice features. It doesn't only show you the details, it also shows the route you have been flying.

However, there are two (actually one after the update to iOS 8.2) I don't like.
Sometimes the app won't connect to the phantom, the status switches between connected and connecting, but nothing happens. You have to restart the app to get a connecting. Once restarted it connects nearly immediately.

The other thing which seems to be solved, before I flew with the new iOS 8.2 version (still on the old iOS version), I tried the app (without flying the phantom, just powering up) and when switching between the fpv and the map, the fpv got pushed into the upper left corner when going back into fpv and it only displayed a quarter of the actual screen, the rest was black. This only could be solved by completely shutting down the app and restarting. As said, it's working with iOS 8.2 without any problems.

It's a nice app, you can decide whether or not to have auto record enabled, boost your wifi, have a wifi orientator. You can also select the low battery warning, as well as satellite, altitude and speed locks.

The only thing I don't get is the combine home point function. I haven't played a lot with the settings though since the wind got stronger and stronger, but I hope it gives a bit more insight.
2015-3-15
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Actually there is a way to use DJI Vision app GS feature and our app at the same time.    First you start the GS and load your waypoints to your aircraft.  And then press GO button to take off.  
After that, quit the DJI Vision app and then launch our app.  Our app flight log system would record your flight.

Doesn't RTH kick in if the app is switched off after the quad has launched ?
2015-3-15
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Marian Posted at 2015-3-15 23:59
I just tested the app with iOS 8.2.

Everything seems to be working fine and it does the same job as ...

We really appreciate your feedback and have forwarded it to our development team.  

For the combine home point function, since some iOS devices do not include the cellular/A-GPS module,  its location cannot be located.   If the combine home point function is on,  the pilot home point is is set as the aircraft home point.
2015-3-16
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-16 02:04
Actually there is a way to use DJI Vision app GS feature and our app at the same time.    First you  ...

probably not.  even the app is switched off, the planned mission is till running.
2015-3-16
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-3-15 00:36

Hi, just have 5 flights today with iOS 8.2 without any problem.  
2015-3-20
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

smatchet42@hotm Posted at 2015-3-15 02:25

yes it is available for android.  here is the upcoming release demo:

2015-3-20
Use props
matointon
lvl.1

Netherlands

Will this work on an iPad 2 or do you need a tablet with gps ?
The dji app lets you cache the maps.
Also i tether the iPad to my phones internet.
2015-3-20
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

matointon@gmail Posted at 2015-3-21 00:00
Will this work on an iPad 2 or do you need a tablet with gps ?
The dji app lets you cache the maps.

Hi, usually our team members use ipad mini that does not have GPS module to test our app.  So it should work fine on iPad 2 / or tablet that does not have GPS module.   If your device does not have GPS module, remember to turn on the "Combine home point" option, the aircraft home point will be set as the primary home point.
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules