41262 128 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kev001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251778 ft
United Kingdom

kev001 Posted at 2017-10-31 14:48
.701 now allows 2.4ghz to be saved even after reboot.  However I still need OTG.  Slight improvement.

I have tested on IPad and it is fully working.  No need for OTG ... so jut an issue with android.  (I am testing on galaxy S6)
2017-11-5
Use props
Tabarish
lvl.1
Spain

It seems that the issue is solved to me. I have been trying to reproduce the problem but I couldn't. Now I turn on the Spark and the Wi-Fi frequency is at 2'4GHz without resetting the configuration to default. Now I can connect my cell phone to the Spark without keeping pressed the battery button until the three beeps sounds.
I'll keep testing it to be sure but it seems fixed for now.
2017-11-8
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This problem still appears to be around well for me anyway! Ive tried using my Iphone and ipad mini both work fine on the P3P that said it uses a cable so it should. The Spark controller connects fine but once shes in the air the video seem rubbish and breaks up all the time although I did notice that when the Spark faces me and the controller the image comes back as if it need line of sight too! I turned of Bluetooth just to check but then ran out of batts 2 isnt enough when trying to fault find really, I can believe this should be so much of an issue seeing as the drone is aimed at the more casual user too they will just loose patience and return it and then probably wont by DJI again, if us nerd types cant find a way then I doubt they will!

Please DJI get an update out soon! nice if it could be before Thursday Im due in HK On Sunday and was hoping to use it then!
2017-11-27
Use props
djiuser_WufKwBk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58720 ft
Poland

Hi all frustrated users
Unfortunately, the latest firmware does not solve this problem.
I found a solution, to connect without resetting the device.
- install Wifi Analyzer from google play
- enter the settings
- available channels (5Ghz)
- enable 149 channel
Spark will be visible in the Wifi Analyzer program with which you can connect it, enjoy ;-)
2017-12-23
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

djiuser_WufKwBk Posted at 2017-12-23 06:43
Hi all frustrated users

I tested this and did not work on the Galaxy S7.
2017-12-23
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Few updates ago for android , this was solved , my Spark turn on with custom name and 2.4ghz locked on .
I can connect after a few seconds. So if you are up to date with firmware and app its something wrong wit your setup.
2017-12-29
Use props
djiuser_hfjU9v0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10840 ft
United States

Spark rc wifi not
2018-1-1
Use props
djiuser_tZD6hya
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_WufKwBk Posted at 2017-12-23 06:43
Hi all frustrated users

This has worked for me with my Galaxy S7, there are a few different wifi analyzer apps I used one by farproc. I didn't just enable channel 149 (which as it happened was already enabled), I enabled a few of the high number channels. It took a few seconds but my spark does show up in my wifi list now.
2018-1-6
Use props
EvdV
lvl.1
Netherlands

Please note that many older / low-end phones do not do 5ghz wifi.
If your spark is set to a 2.4 ghz channel and connects to the rc, the rc can only connect via 5ghz to a phone/tablet. Using 2.4 ghz (lower channels <15) is the best setup for longer range flying.
In my experience in Europe setting the spark to a 2.4 ghz channel and using a 5ghz device to connect to the remote gives me about 600 meters of max range. If I use 5ghz for the spark <-> rc connection and 2.4 ghz to connect to the phone/tables the 5ghz EU band gives me about 50 meters of range before the interference kicks in.
So before flying in an empty area set the channel to a 2.4ghz one. If then you cannot connect to the RC-wifi it's because your device does not support the 5Ghz band.
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules