1234Next >
41330 128 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soureal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58136 ft
Germany

Same problem here in Germany with Spark and Galaxy S7 Edge and all other (Android-) Devices. Need to reset Wifi every start. How is it possible from dji to overlook this in the development? Return to dealer in some days...
2017-7-4
Use props
fansadb6ab0b
lvl.1
Netherlands

Unfortunate, but glad to find out on this forum instead of in the air :-) Thanks OP for the detailed issue report.

I've only flown it for about 5 minutes, but noticed directly after the initial setup I could not find the Wifi network anymore with my Oneplus 3 (in The Netherlands). I then tried with the RC which worked, at least for the 5 minutes I've used it.

Can anybody confirm if this issue also goes for the connection between smartphone/tablet and the controller?
2017-7-4
Use props
JergenPuckel
New
Sweden

I bought a DJI Spark today, and as I live in Europe, I have the same problem. It's absolutely disgraceful that DJI hasn't made any statement about this critical design error in a week. I will be returning my Spark tomorrow, and I would recommend everyone else unfortunate enough to have bought this in Europe to do the same. This is just not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.  
2017-7-5
Use props
jiri.stibor1-sp
lvl.1
Czechia

Returning mine in a week if no update comes. So infuriating. Dji, the clock is ticking.
2017-7-5
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Where are you , DJI officials ? Don't you hear the roar's. Are you deaf?
2017-7-5
Use props
tecnophone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86608 ft
Italy

Same problem in Italy...In addition to the fact that the video transmission disappears after 80 meters with the controller.
It is not tolerable!
2017-7-5
Use props
jellybeantech
New
Flight distance : 108 ft
United Kingdom

Yes same issue here, my DJI Spark will be returned tomorrow.
2017-7-5
Use props
Perugian
New
Poland

I was getting worried that my unit is broken in some way, but now - after reading this thread, I see it's a major error by DJI. I'm returning my Spark tomorrow and I'm highly recommending others to do the say. We need to spread the information about it as wide a possible too.
2017-7-5
Use props
jiri.stibor1-sp
lvl.1
Czechia

I cannot imagine how must a normal person (for whome is spark made) feel when they get this issue.. DJI I bet you are loosing customer every minute you let this issue be..
2017-7-5
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

It's so sad to read this.
I don't have my combo yet, but it will be returned ASAP if this bug will not be fixed within my 14 days limit - I switched from my race quad because I was sick of all the cables flying around, but Betaflight and all other firmwares did a great job to support a wide range of hardware. Selected DJI because I thought they know what they are doing...

;(
2017-7-5
Use props
JergenPuckel
New
Sweden

LeChuck71 Posted at 2017-7-5 23:18
It's so sad to read this.
I don't have my combo yet, but it will be returned ASAP if this bug will not be fixed within my 14 days limit - I switched from my race quad because I was sick of all the cables flying around, but Betaflight and all other firmwares did a great job to support a wide range of hardware. Selected DJI because I thought they know what they are doing...

Yeah, I thought so too, but they must hardly have tested it in Europe at all. I don't understand how they could be have missed such a glaring issue.
2017-7-6
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Funny thing is, when you contact support, they have completely no idea what im telling them and try to give you some random advice.
2017-7-6
Use props
Vip1980
New
Netherlands

this is a DJI forum doesn't anyone from DJI read this forum .....?
2017-7-6
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Vip1980 Posted at 2017-7-6 12:22
this is a DJI forum doesn't anyone from DJI read this forum .....?

Like 1 administrator pretty much
2017-7-6
Use props
robybu
New
Italy

Same issue here, 9 sec reset to get wifi connection (Italy) to the drone every time. Really annoying.
Did not tested yet wifi phone wifi range but reading about problem encountered let me believe that there is a very good marketing without following up real world.

2017-7-6
Use props
fansb2281168
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282516 ft
France

Should this issue not have been fixed in the latest FW? http://forum.dji.com/thread-100387-1-1.html

The change log reads: "Fixed an issue where the remote controller and aircraft couldn't connect in some regions."

How can you tell what FW version your Spark is running?
2017-7-7
Use props
daveio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1890 ft
United Kingdom

fansb2281168 Posted at 2017-7-7 08:39
Should this issue not have been fixed in the latest FW? http://forum.dji.com/thread-100387-1-1.html

The change log reads: "Fixed an issue where the remote controller and aircraft couldn't connect in some regions."

It's definitely not fixed in 01.00.0400. Note that it refers to connection between the remote controller and aircraft - not the mobile device and aircraft.
2017-7-7
Use props
djiuser_9m1lPN7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Netherlands

I'm glad I found this thread. I just bought Spark yesterday and I though I'm stupid because I couldn't figure out why the hell SSID disappears all the time and I have to reset it. This is really bad and shouldn't take place.
2017-7-8
Use props
Adomolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219219 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

perhaps Moderators could tag this thread to [TOP] as there are more and more owners of Spark unaware of this, so they create new threads without searching.
2017-7-10
Use props
Pylomé
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29160 ft
Germany

Same problem on mine (Germany).

Got to reset the wifi settings with 3 beeps (9 seconds) before every flight. Very frustrating.

It completely ruins the quick gesture control mode like palm launch, since you won't be able to connect to the drone if gestures (for some reason) wouldnt work . In this case the drone would land / go down (when battery is low) without having control over it. THATS A NO GO! If this won't be fixed within my return period I'll send it back.
2017-7-10
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Waiting for my SparkFlyMore and was interested in finding out how to force 2.4Ghz as I've found that regardless of how congested the environment is 2.4Ghz generally works better than 5.8Ghz, especially for range. It's good to read that there is a "fix" until/if DJI implement such a feature but I'm not totally clear on it :
1. The trick works because the Spark stays on 2.4Ghz after a wifi reset and until it is restarted, at which point it will start it's "swtiching" tactics ?
2. If that's the case it will ensure the remote stays connected on 2.4Ghz too once it's been paired with the 3 second/1 beep method ?
2017-7-12
Use props
Borat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127487 ft
France

Hi guys,

Same here (France, Galaxy S7), i have to reset wifi (9sec push) every time i start flying.
I guess spamming support might be a way to get an update...
2017-7-12
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

fansb2281168 Posted at 2017-7-1 15:18
I'm also having the same problem on Nexus 5x in the UK.

Assuming DJI fixed this issue via FW update, is there any advantage in using 5GHz in EU? It looks like we will get significantly reduced transmission distance using 5GHz. See image below from the manual.

I am in a "CE" country and my iPhone 6 and spark use the 5.8GHz frequency most the time (as default, wish they would actually set 2.4GHz as standard!). Just using my phone I get it out to its limit of 80m. Waiting on my RC still...
2017-7-12
Use props
fans9708f972
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansbc09a9fc Posted at 2017-7-1 23:14
I'm having the same problem. Having to reset the WiFi settings using the 9 second button press. Disappointed. I've got 2 devices S7 Edge(2.4+5GHz) and an old Hudll (2.4GHz).Getting the same thing on both. For its initial connection everything worked fine but then it said "switching WiFi you your country" and that's when it misbehaves.

After resetting the WiFi it connects on 2.4GHz. Dji needs a solution that remembers that for next time to save that so resetting is not required.

Totally agree. I got my Spark today and find this WiFi connection issue is enough of a pain to return it unless they acknowledge a fix is on the way. Come on DJI! Sort yourself out.
2017-7-13
Use props
Peao
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same problem (S7 Edge, Germany). Please fix it fast @DJI

But I found another "workaround" for the problem:
Press "Close" once the message pops up that your drone will restart to change local wifi settings (2ghz to 5ghz). It will stay in 2ghz, but you have to answer this message every start, but its more comfortable.
I don't know why the message came again, I didn't factory reset the drone or anything else...
2017-7-14
Use props
JockeH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289 ft
Sweden

Same here, in Sweden and Samsung Note 4.
It works with my wife's iPhone!...
/Jocke
2017-7-17
Use props
Mephisto
New
United Kingdom

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Bought a spark in the UK, got a Onpelus 5, oneplus 1 and a Nexus 9, all devices can't see the drone wifi after it is switched off and then back on. The only way around is to reset it to factory settings using the power button pressed for 9 second.
2017-7-17
Use props
roverw
New
Bulgaria

JockeH Posted at 2017-7-17 04:42
Same here, in Sweden and Samsung Note 4.
It works with my wife's iPhone!...
/Jocke

Same here in Bulgaria - Spark with Samsung Galaxy S5
2017-7-18
Use props
fans2fbb0a68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7162 ft
France

Same here in France, mobile phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global Version (official rom)...
2017-7-18
Use props
Mephisto
New
United Kingdom

I've emailed support, no answer yet
2017-7-18
Use props
Tabarish
lvl.1
Spain

I have the same problem. I live in Spain and I use an android BQ Aquaris X PRO. I have to reset the Wi-Fi settings each time I turn on the Spark.
I hope this issue will be resolved soon.
2017-7-19
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a good table of the channel allocations here: http://www.radio-electronics.com ... ncies-bandwidth.php

The channels that DJI are using are the correct channels for outdoor Short Range Devices (SRD) in Europe on the 5.8GHz band, so that is not going to change.

Being able to force a 2.4GHz link regardless of congestion would help when using Spark without a controller, but if your device doesn't support channels 149-165 then you are going to get the same problem the other way around when you use the controller, you'll have to use 2.4GHz for the link to your device which forces the controller ot use 5.8GHz for the link from the controller to Spark which then leaves you with reduced range.

Using an OTG cable does solve that part at least, for as long as OTG remains an option.

Fortunately the problem seems limited to Android devices and while DJI pretty much have to remove OTG from iOS devices (due to MFi), there is no imperative to do that for Android...
2017-7-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-29 03:24
DJI you didn't know that  WTF?

DJI got it right, your list is not complete.

channels 149-165 are permitted for use in outdoors in ETSI regions for Short Range Devices (SRD) using low power transmissions, which is exactly what Spark is.

The problem is with the phones and tablets that assumed you will only be connecting to indoor devices...
2017-7-23
Use props
Borat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127487 ft
France

FYI, i received this message form the DJI support twitter account after explaining the problem:

"Given your location, EU Android users have reported having issues similar to yours due to the limited channels accessible that are EU specific. For the latter, this has been reported to the development team to address as quickly as possible."

Wait (not too long i hope and see!
2017-7-23
Use props
jerdnok
New
Flight distance : 21864 ft
Czechia

The same problem in Czech republic (Galaxy S7, Galaxy Tab 10.1)
2017-7-23
Use props
Brunogr84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33842 ft
Netherlands

The same in Amsterdam - Netherlands with Samsung S7 Edge. This is F* annoying!!!
2017-7-24
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Poland

New firmware and problem persists... We need a petition or what?
2017-7-28
Use props
Nealej
New
Australia

Has anyone flown with oppo r9s I can't get Wi-Fi to recognise spark
2017-7-29
Use props
fans96d42ff6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28294 ft
United Kingdom

Same in Norway with G5. Even after firmware update. Poop chutes.
2017-7-29
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 00:21
There are a few information I would like to make it clear.
1. On 2.4Ghz, the channels do support everywhere run from 1 to 11, a portion of countries support 1-13 channels, but 14 channel is barely permissible in most countries.
2. 5Ghz frequency include three bands, Spark only support 149-165 channel. Usually channel 36 to channel 48 are used indoors (Spark is recommended to fly outdoors); Channel 52 to channel 140 belong to DFS which will need 1 minute channel availability check time. The most important thing is that indoor channel is not allowed to be used outdoor, with DFS, it would take more than 1 minute to access wifi hotspot.

DJI Mindy , are you now familiar with this problem? we did try our best to explain  this . We fell that you (DJI) turn your back on us and act like there is no problem .
2017-8-3
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules