4472 59 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

Eldar Posted at 2017-6-22 10:27
i have the same problem since the last firmware updaten on my mavic pro AND Phantom 4 Pro.  The Videotransmission on my iPhone 6, Ipad Air2 and Ipad mini4 is freezing and i get the failure notice that the mobile cpu is fully loaded.....its definitly an DJI GO 4 Problem!!!!!

I to have the same problem running Android Tablet
2017-6-24
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

fans2404223c Posted at 2017-6-24 08:11
I lose video at around 500 meters away, without fail. Every single time. My P4P is literally brand new. I bought one two weeks ago and battled this problem with every firmware solution on the forum and the ones suggested by DJI. I reset, reinstalled, rebooted and renegotiated everything. Did not work. So I returned that drone to best buy and exchanged it for a brand new one last night. Immediately updated all firmware. This morning, flew it for the first time ever and the exact same thing happens. I lose video transmission at and around 500 meters. Unsatisfactory.

I don't think DJI is being 100% Honest with us! DJI didn't tell us about the Goggles Problem either with not being able to go from Meters to Feet!
2017-6-25
Use props
fans332e0019
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1645302 ft
United States

Right after the update I started getting the same messages and warnings: "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" and
"Remote Controller Right Dial Locked. Lightly Press it to Adjust". I am using an IPad mini 3 and Phone 6 Plus and it's now the same on both. Never had an issue until this update. My video cuts out and gets extremely choppy, and that's when it was hovering 20ft in front of me.
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

i having same issue  i never had this problem before,i have other  videos and no video link issue check it out  

]https://youtu.be/OseGjSRqVPU
2017-7-7
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

Indio Posted at 2017-6-22 02:11
dji it does not want to admit !!!

yeah I agree DJI has Major issues specially with the support staff they need help....
2017-7-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using my iPad Mini 2 with my P4 for the past year and it has been incredible.  

Today, I had my first flight with my brand new P4P after updating all firmware, software, etc.  I flew with my iPad Mini2.  It was a terrible experience with the mini 2, and I'm really bummed about it.  Never ending video transmission problems.  Green and black stripes on the screen constantly.  About 2 fps at times.  Didn't matter how close or far I was from the bird.  Rebooted everything, tried different cable, tried different file format settings,  carefully adjusted the antenna, I tried airplane mode on the iPad, 5.8ghz instead of 2.4, etc etc etc.

The entire time I had full bars for RC connection, GPS, Sensors, etc.  and I had no trouble at all with controlling the bird, just problems with the video signal transmission.

I FINALLY decided to see if the iPad Mini was the problem (rather than thinking the problem was part of the RC/Drone/iPad communication), so I decided to try my iPhone 7 plus to control the bird.  Worked perfectly... absolutely perfectly.  So, the iPad Mini 2 = Problem,   iPhone 7+ = excellent reception, Me = bummed.
2017-7-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:
I've been doing quite a bit of experimenting with this issue today and have found some repeatable results.
1) The problem does not appear after cold booting everything.  The video transmission is fine, even when flying quite a distance.
2) After a few minutes, the problem appears and gets worse minute by minute.  This indicates to me that it is heat related, probably the heat of the iPad.  Take a break to cool things off, the video transmission problem goes away, until things heat up again.
3) All things being equal, this problem only shows itself on the iPad Mini 2, not on my iPhone 7 Plus.
4) Although this is just a gut reaction (with no evidence)... as soon as I started recording video (rather than just watching on the iPad), the image (on the iPad) started hesitating, then soon after started pausing with green and black bars.  I'm thinking that the combination of processing the typical bandwidth of flying, coupled along with recording video and audio to the iPad Mini, might be more than the thing can handle.  The iPad mini 2 is getting long in tooth, and the new DJIGo4 might not be the most frugally scripted app in the world.
2017-7-9
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-9 10:48
UPDATE:
I've been doing quite a bit of experimenting with this issue today and have found some repeatable results.
1) The problem does not appear after cold booting everything.  The video transmission is fine, even when flying quite a distance.

ok so  you  think this could be heat related  due to iPad on screen capture record .cuz i started doing  video record on my iPad  while flying. .  im having same issue. if you see my post with a youtube link showing my issue.  tomorrow if weather permits will do a test fly with out screen video capture  thank you info safe flying.....
2017-7-9
Use props
Matt Mitchell
New
United Kingdom

My film keeps freezing when recording. I thought it was just the link but it was also on the memory card when down loaded. Is there something that can be done?
2017-7-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matt Mitchell Posted at 2017-7-9 11:46
My film keeps freezing when recording. I thought it was just the link but it was also on the memory card when down loaded. Is there something that can be done?

Hi Matt,

My guess is that you are seeing two completely separate issues.  If you are seeing lagging and green/black banding on your mobile device, along with a red video transmission warning, that is one problem.

The recording to the drone is a totally separate thing.  Maybe you are using the default card that came with the drone?  Maybe your computer can't play back 4K footage smoothly?  Etc.
2017-7-9
Use props
Matt Mitchell
New
United Kingdom

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-9 12:29
Hi Matt,

My guess is that you are seeing two completely separate issues.  If you are seeing lagging and green/black banding on your mobile device, along with a red video transmission warning, that is one problem.

Thanks, it's a new card in there and has been used before with no problem. The video feed has also been ok before on the iPad but seems to be an issue now. Not sure if I have changed any settings, how do you do a factory reset?
2017-7-12
Use props
fans28308b59
New
United States

I fixed it by changing image transmission settings to custom vice auto @ 5.8G.  I have no more green screen or video drop.  One thing I didnt test is how far I can go before I lose signal.
2017-7-12
Use props
Holx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi
I have the same problem
I can switch between 2.4 and 5.8 ghz but no manual channel selection
And absolutely horrible video transmision with half size video, green scren etc

But when I connect an hdmi monitor over the optional hdmi port, I have a clean signal at the same time

I think that means the transmission is in fact ok, but possibly the connection from remote to ipad causes the glitches?

Anyone else seeing this coincidence between the transmmisson problems and the optional hdmi port?

Thanks
Holger
2017-7-14
Use props
fansd0eab270
New
Flight distance : 132723 ft
Germany

I'm having the same issue also since the update in summer 2017. Seen on iPad air and also Android. All versions current. Send it in to repair without findings twice. BTW it's an P4 2016 built.
Also flying in clean air outside in open field. Did so far not recognize that something is overheating. Issue starts immediately after power on already during booting and increases when starting recording video. The recording itself is always fine. Any new actual options other than downgrade?

Frustrated
2018-3-17
Use props
fansd0eab270
New
Flight distance : 132723 ft
Germany

Tested also several cables without any changes
2018-3-17
Use props
Piyau19
New

Malaysia

does anyone still having this problem on iPad mini 4?
2018-3-19
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Piyau19 Posted at 2018-3-19 18:29

Yes i still have , since i updated tge dji go app to 4.16
With 4.15 no problem.
Dji doesnt do anything about it . Only their updates worsens the quality of operation.

The ipad mini 4 has an a8 chip , which cannot cope anymore with the updates.

Dji still doesnt want to confirm what is the problem
Or if they are solving it. All drone users inly have to guess, so dji leaves us in the dark.

I have reported this issue many many times, but they only come up with the same questions.
They know by now that many of us have problems with videolag but still do not do anything
2018-3-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Piyau19 Posted at 2018-3-19 18:29

Can't answer for the iPad part but the P4P+ with DJI's own display never got better after the June 2017 update. Often video drop out at around 300m and connection get lost around 3-500m.
Still in doubt if they changed the radio power in CE mode or if it has to do with the communication protocols.
2018-3-19
Use props
mspm47
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1563839 ft
  • >>>

same problem. Using an Ipad Mini 2
Been in this business for 3 years and this will be my last DJI product.
2018-5-13
Use props
Bebo117
lvl.4

Italy

same problem using an Ipad Mini 4.
P4P Obsidian+RC to Holland repair office for a week; the answer is : "No fault found"
This doesen't mean the problem is solved.

2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules