Spark won't recognize my face
15383 18 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

I'm a newb to the forums and to any DJI support, but I watched the videos on gesture control (palm launch, etc) in order to figure out how to launch from my palm.  I turn the spark on, it goes through it's checks, lights seem fine, then I double tap the power button and the red lights blink indicating faceAware did not recognize my face.  I've done it dozens of times in various locations and lighting.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  I did take the plastic anti-scratch stickers off of the camera and 3d sensing system.
I can't figure it out and am a bit disappointed.  Other than that, it flies great.  Updated all of the firmwares (controller and drone).  Turned on gesture control in DJI Go 4 app.  At a loss.

Thanks for any help.

Chris  

2017-6-17
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

Not sure exactly what fixed it, but it works now.  It seems like every time I turned on gesture control, it just turned it back off for some reason.  I did a few things differently this time.  I connected to drone wifi (not controller), turned on enhanced gesture control, AND turned on fly backwards during active tracking, then I did a palm launch before disconnecting from drone wife or turning it off.  Seems to work fine now... Well, once I stopped doing it over a table which made it want to head up to the ceiling.  Doh

Thanks,
Chris
2017-6-17
Use props
Cone Junkie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11342 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem. I've enabled gesture advanced and been outside with a white shirt and an orange shirt. All I get are the front red lights blinking twice.
2017-6-24
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

Cone Junkie Posted at 2017-6-24 15:14
I'm having the same problem. I've enabled gesture advanced and been outside with a white shirt and an orange shirt. All I get are the front red lights blinking twice.

My Spark recognizes my face but can't use Palm Control. It only worked once and then stopped for the other attempts I tried..
2017-6-24
Use props
adarwis
New
Hong Kong

mine doesn't work too
2017-6-25
Use props
Cone Junkie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11342 ft
United States

Cone Junkie Posted at 2017-6-24 15:14

Today it is working. Don't know what the difference is.
2017-6-25
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Not sure if this is the reason but if you enable "Beginner mode" it will not let you palm launch. Happened to me. So, trying turning it off.
2017-6-25
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

I have only gotten gesture control to work a couple of times.  More often than not when I double tap the battery switch when the back LED's are flashing amber the Spark never recognizes my face.  I have tried in all types of light, with my glasses removed, various backgrounds, Spark at various distances from my face,  Spark at various levels in relationship to my eyes but nothing seems to work consistently.
2017-7-15
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What firmware version do you have? Also android or iOS?
2017-7-15
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
United States

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-15 08:05
What firmware version do you have? Also android or iOS?

I am running iOS

2017-7-15
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
United States

I think i found the answer to my own question.

I have discovered that after you turn the Spark on and it registers ready to begin the facial recognition mode by flashing the rear LED's amber, it then takes two very quick taps on the battery switch to enter the facial recognition mode.  I believe that in the past I was pressing the battery switch too slow and deliberate.  Seems to be working better now when I give it two rapid taps.

2017-7-15
Use props
Ling Yenn
lvl.1
Singapore

Virgil Quick Posted at 2017-7-15 10:31
I think i found the answer to my own question.

I have discovered that after you turn the Spark on and it registers ready to begin the facial recognition mode by flashing the rear LED's amber, it then takes two very quick taps on the battery switch to enter the facial recognition mode.  I believe that in the past I was pressing the battery switch too slow and deliberate.  Seems to be working better now when I give it two rapid taps.

Hi there..

Just get my spark today.

Having the same problem.

Is that mean juz 2 click start the spark and then another 2 quick tap on the start button for faceware?

Ling Yenn
2017-9-5
Use props
XWing
New
Australia

YES, TWO QUICK QUICK TAP WILL MAKE IT WORK.

TRIED ALMOST ONE WEEK, TRIED INDOOR, OUT DOOR, WITH CONTROLLER, WITH MOBILE PHONE, WITH NOTHINGM, CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. FINALLY, TWO QUICK TAP MAKE IT FLY.

2017-9-18
Use props
fans431208d2
New
Australia

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-25 19:29
Not sure if this is the reason but if you enable "Beginner mode" it will not let you palm launch. Happened to me. So, trying turning it off.

Hi I’m hoping to get my Spark In the air tomorrow using the palm gesture method. Appreciate reading the suggestions here on the forum
2018-1-31
Use props
fansd3a55e30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76847 ft
Czechia

Guys you have to switch off the SPORT mode on RC!
2018-3-11
Use props
fanse696c744
New

My dji spark not face scanned please help me
2018-5-17
Use props
Gregory Christian
New

United States

How do I set facial  Recognition
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_IwdHzWHf1ZEL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62808 ft
United States

mines says face recognition failed every time, haven't got it to work once. palm landing a few time palm control once but face recognition...NEVER
2020-8-29
Use props
djiuser_IwdHzWHf1ZEL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62808 ft
United States

I'm having same issue had the drone two months and not once has it recognized my face. "face recognition failed is the only response i get.
2020-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules