19331 62 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gow7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33031 ft
Portugal

Hi,

I've updated to the latest firmware (.800) and everything went well (I usually keep my firmware updated).
But today I've experienced a strange behaviour, this message: "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" was shown more than once and for the first time. I don't know if it's related, I guess so, but my video stream (to the controller) was laggy and sometimes stayed stucked for a few long seconds.

Anyone experienced this?
Thanks.

ps: DJI GO 4 (4.1.2) on iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.2.
I've used a memory clean app but nothing changed...
2017-6-17
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Better get an Android.
2017-6-17
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Is the error message from iOS or DJIGO4  ?

Regards Leif.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans420fe723
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5225404 ft
United States

I have experienced the same issue
2017-6-17
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

What resolution were you transmitting video in?
2017-6-17
Use props
fansbefd2486
New
Flight distance : 112260 ft
United Kingdom

I'm also having this issue after upgrading the app, I'm running an iPad mini 3 that didn't have problems before?
2017-6-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It sounds like there may be other apps running that are consuming cpu power. Have you tried airplane mode to see if the warning goes away? If the record audio is turned on then try turning that off.
2017-6-18
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Portugal

Sorry for not replying, I don't know why but notifications were off.
So, the messages are Warnings from DJI Go 4 app, and I haven't seen then before this new update. Yesterday I was able to fly Mavic with only 2 or 3 warnings. Never happened before, I guess this is from the latest firmware because I haven't changed the way I use DJI Go 4 and Mavic.
2017-6-19
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Portugal

People from Mavic Pilots are having this problem too: http://mavicpilots.com/threads/d ... -be-affected.19478/
2017-6-20
Use props
floco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060853 ft
France

Yes: I purchased an ipad mini 2 to fly the mavic, nothing else installed and in airplane mode. I get this warning as well.
I was beta testing iOS 11 so thought it was linked with the beta version of the OS.
Anyways, I sent the ipad mini back.
2017-6-20
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Portugal

But you also had video lag or only the warning message?
2017-6-20
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Pilots,

I had the same problems. I use a iPhone 6plus.
There is no lag. The message appears in the app screen.
I did not experience a problem on flying, but it is weird and fills us with some kind of anxiety.
Thanks.

DocAraxá
2017-6-21
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Portugal

Is there any user in this forum who's a direct contact (support) from DJI?
It would be nice clarifying this issue.
2017-6-21
Use props
Pagemakers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 406430 ft
United Kingdom

Happening on my iPad mini 3 too.  The picture starts to break up and it's as if the device is really struggling.  I only have DJI Go 4 installed on the iPad.  

Prior to this I had an iPad 2 with a Phantom 4 and never had such a message.
2017-6-23
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Portugal

I guess the problem is in the App, we need an update to fix this issue.
2017-6-23
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Jenkins Posted at 2017-6-17 13:45
Better get an Android.

And crash the app instead
2017-6-23
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I have this issue with iPad Mini4 and it's really annoying. Never had before. Sometimes I have video lag along with this notifications
2017-6-23
Use props
fans341485a0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14547 ft
United States

First time flight yesterday. Iphone 6 and all firmware updated both phone and mavic devices. Same error and video very choppy and lagging. Turned off cache turned off audio wil try again today. Will return drone if this is not solved. Simply unusable
2017-6-25
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Score one for Android!

If you would have chosen the Android OS as your GO4 platform, you would have been spared the heartache of expecting the app to work properly.
2017-6-25
Use props
Kurt71
lvl.1
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-6-25 07:02
Score one for Android!

If you would have chosen the Android OS as your GO4 platform, you would have been spared the heartache of expecting the app to work properly.

Which would be a good and cheap android phone to purchase and use for this without using it as a phone but just for mavic? I would go for it if I can get one for a few hundred usd
2017-6-25
Use props
Kurt71
lvl.1
United States

I tried again today with same settings but mavic sitting on the desk. Kept recording taking pics until cache and later even the sd card full. No cpu warnings. Now wondering if this is related to longer flights. Will try flying with the settings again.
2017-6-25
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Kurt71 Posted at 2017-6-25 07:09
Which would be a good and cheap android phone to purchase and use for this without using it as a phone but just for mavic? I would go for it if I can get one for a few hundred usd

I really can't believe I'm reading this.  An IOS user asking about a more dependable Android device.  All kidding aside, since February, I have heard of no one Android device that has worked like a charm.  It seems to be a mixed bag with every Android device (whether on the recommended list or not) and about 50% of folks have no problem and the others have continuous issues.  My advice, stick with what you've got and try to make it work.
2017-6-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

It seems to be app problem as it is also reported in the inspire forum. It also only iOS related not on Android. Android has already had its fair share. For a quick fix you might roll back to previous version.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans8147d69c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174275 ft
Hong Kong

I. Had the same warning on an iPad 3 several days ago, it is a dji warning because if you look at warnings on the dji go 4 app you will see the warning mentioned. I am running the latest firmware 900. I had several of these. warnings on the same flight
2017-6-25
Use props
fansede6f1f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849183 ft
United Kingdom

Yes this has become a real problem, which has only just started Iv had no problems at all up to the update. it almost renders the Mavic unuseable and is dangerous.  Come on Dji sort it out on IOS ... Please.
2017-6-25
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

The 'CPU performance' warning message is clearly a 'new feature' that came with the latest iOS GO4 app update. I read this on another forum. Although a nice feature, the frustrating thing is that it doesn't help to pinpoint how to reduce the load on the CPU and restore performance (e.g. turn off video caching?). This is where DJI support should help.

That most of European users experience the overload stress on CPU only now is simply that it's summer and quite hot lately. The 30+ C degrees weather impacts iPhones and iPads. You can read on Apple websites that hot temperatures cause an iPhone and iPad to automatically throttle back the CPU and turn the screen backlight a little bit darker. Throttling down the CPU is causing the video link to the Mavic to get laggy. You notice for example that the remaining items on the screen, e.g. map and position tracking of Mavic remains smooth.

I live in Singapore where all year round (all days of the year) the temperature goes to 30+ C degrees. I already figured out very quickly that this impacts the performance of the CPU and hence the video link between mobile device (iPhone 6 in my case) and the Mavic. I just learned myself to only fly at sunset or sunrise when the temperatures drop a bit below 30 C degrees.
2017-6-26
Use props
Kurt71
lvl.1
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-6-25 11:39
I really can't believe I'm reading this.  An IOS user asking about a more dependable Android device.  All kidding aside, since February, I have heard of no one Android device that has worked like a charm.  It seems to be a mixed bag with every Android device (whether on the recommended list or not) and about 50% of folks have no problem and the others have continuous issues.  My advice, stick with what you've got and try to make it work.

Hehe I know. I thought I can have an android just for the mavic not as a phone and I saw 50-100 USD ones online but as you say they may give some headaches too. Thanks
2017-6-26
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problems here... on an iPhone 7+  and my iPad Mini4.  Also getting "radio interference" when the bird is directly in front of me, and the app shows full remote receiver strength.   
2017-6-26
Use props
fans82285a79
New
Flight distance : 574701 ft
Latvia

Same problems here... on an iPhone 6+ (Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected) no solution ?
2017-6-28
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Portugal

New DJI GO app iOS update available. Let's see if it fixes it.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans7c267675
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2485869 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I had the same problem on Phantom 4 Pro and on the Mavic. Laggy screen, green screen and mobile device CPU fully loaded message.
Then I rolled back the the firmware on both the drones.

The new DJI GO 4 is still there and now everything is working!!
2017-6-28
Use props
gow7
lvl.2
Portugal

People at Mavic Pilots are saying that the new update fixes the problem: http://mavicpilots.com/threads/d ... /page-5#post-236709
Haven't tested yet.
2017-6-29
Use props
jack r
lvl.1

United States

How do revert back to previous firmware on a P4P? My DJI Assistant only shows the latest update as being downloadable.
2017-6-30
Use props
Billyboy72
New
Flight distance : 5384 ft
United States

#Quick Reply Here#I'm seeing the same. I went out and bought a new iPad mini with no luck at all. I thought maybe it had something to do with the area but now I don't know. but like u I keep my firmware up to date
2017-7-3
Use props
Billyboy72
New
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-6-23 15:08
I have this issue with iPad Mini4 and it's really annoying. Never had before. Sometimes I have video lag along with this notifications

Im seeing the same with my mini2. never had an issue up until now. This iPad I just bought yesterday thinking the other was just no longer able to keep up. my vid gets stuck where I'm scared to move. My audio is on but again never had that issue b4 now.
2017-7-3
Use props
Billyboy72
New
United States

JoostBoZ Posted at 2017-6-26 03:07
The 'CPU performance' warning message is clearly a 'new feature' that came with the latest iOS GO4 app update. I read this on another forum. Although a nice feature, the frustrating thing is that it doesn't help to pinpoint how to reduce the load on the CPU and restore performance (e.g. turn off video caching?). This is where DJI support should help.

That most of European users experience the overload stress on CPU only now is simply that it's summer and quite hot lately. The 30+ C degrees weather impacts iPhones and iPads. You can read on Apple websites that hot temperatures cause an iPhone and iPad to automatically throttle back the CPU and turn the screen backlight a little bit darker. Throttling down the CPU is causing the video link to the Mavic to get laggy. You notice for example that the remaining items on the screen, e.g. map and position tracking of Mavic remains smooth.

Makes sense... my iPad was boiling during use
2017-7-3
Use props
Billyboy72
New
United States

fans7c267675 Posted at 2017-6-28 11:49
I had the same problem on Phantom 4 Pro and on the Mavic. Laggy screen, green screen and mobile device CPU fully loaded message.
Then I rolled back the the firmware on both the drones.

how do I do that? go back to the older firmware I mean. Can you tell me what I need to do
2017-7-3
Use props
Russ Knight
New
United States

I was having the same issue. I shut down all other apps that were running on my ipad mini 2 and the problem went away.
2017-7-4
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Billyboy72 Posted at 2017-7-3 12:27
how do I do that? go back to the older firmware I mean. Can you tell me what I need to do

Long press on the burger-menu in the app > the three bars in the upper right corner of the home screen, for at least 5 seconds. Then you wil get into the downgrade dialogue, where you can install any older version which is still available on the DJI Update Server.

This video shows how to do (at minute 1:20):

2017-7-4
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-6-23 15:05
And crash the app instead

Never had a crash...
2017-7-4
Use props