Video cache full Message
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

I receive a video cache full message when I start filming with my Phantom 4. My videos always load to the sim and I regularly cut and paste them to a permanent storage device to free up space. I also notice a setting to delete cache automatically but would like to understand cause and effect of doing so. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2017-6-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The cache they are referring to is the one in your phone or tablet. This is a low resolution copy, not the full resolution version you get recorded to the SD card. You can, via the settings, turn off caching altogether, or set it to automatically clear the cache as well. Eit5her way, it does not have any effect on the material saved to the SD card in the aircraft.

Also, if you regularly cut and paste items from the SD card to your computer, you should instead do a full format of the card in the aircraft from time to time. The aircraft creates a whole mess of hidden files and other stuff of no great value, and you can fill up the card without realising it.

2017-6-17
Use props
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

I can’t thank you enough for the support. As I gain experience I hope to one day be able to return the favor and help others.
2017-6-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Gillega Posted at 2017-6-17 15:09
I can’t thank you enough for the support. As I gain experience I hope to one day be able to return the favor and help others.

You are welcome.
2017-6-17
Use props
Bluecrab6
New
Flight distance : 45469 ft
United States

This may be dum question, but how do you view the cache on an iPad?
2017-6-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bluecrab6 Posted at 2017-6-17 15:27

You can do it from within the Go App, but as I am using a very old version, the button sequence will be different.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Bluecrab6 Posted at 2017-6-17 15:27

You would find the cached videos in the editor section of the Go app.
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules