42740 115 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tommy Vu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4564 ft
Vietnam

Vincka Posted at 2017-7-11 09:10
In your opinion, it is normal to have to link RC to Spark each time you have used Mobile Device before, and it is mandatory to do that outdoor ?

Would you mind to explain what ?

In my view, this is merely a firmware issue. DJI Engineers can fix it by skipping regional inspection via GPS before allowing the RC connects to Spark.
2017-7-11
Use props
Tommy Vu
lvl.2
Vietnam

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-11 12:39
And this is the official answer so far... dji is really giving us reasons to keep buying yes? (Sarcasm)

Your screenshot is so tiny. Would you mind to share a bigger size ?
2017-7-11
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-11
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-11
Use props
Vincka
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi all,

I've gone at a friend's house that have a Spark too. His one works great. We made these steps to mine :

1. Reset to factory default both the Spark and the Remote Controller (Push and hold power button more than 9 seconds then release)
2. Power off --> power on both the Spark and the Remote Controller
2. Delete registered Wi-Fi for Remote Controller AND Spark
3. Bind Remote Controller Wi-Fi to the smartphone. DO NOT BIND THE SPARK HIMSELF, NEITHER NOW NOR LATER !!!
4. Link Spark ton Remote Controller. Even though I am sure you perfectly know how, I explain : Push and hold Spark Power button during 3 seconds to hear 1 bip. Front leds start to flash in red. Push and hold simultaneously the Pause button, the Fn button and the read right configurable button during few seconds untill you hear Remote Controller bip fast (hard for ears). Wait, pray, be patient and that shoud link properly.

Important
I don't know exactly when in the process above, but when this popup shows up : "Your aircraft if flying in different country/region. Aircraft will reset its WLAN saettings in accordance with local regulations. Please connect later.
Cancel / OK"--> Click Cancel

Following this procedure, I have no more Link issue, everything works great, and I can finally enjoy my expansive purchase

I hope it will help...
2017-7-12
Use props
Siobhan
New
United States

Vincka Posted at 2017-7-12 10:41
Hi all,

I've gone at a friend's house that have a Spark too. His one works great. We made these steps to mine :

THANK YOU! This worked exactly as advertised. It took about 10 minutes of updating firmware and no-fly coordinates, and I followed the steps outside to make sure there were no GPS problems, but the end result is that everything seems to work.
2017-7-12
Use props
Tommy Vu
lvl.2
Vietnam

Hi all,

Since your Spark linked with RC successfully. Have you tried switching it from RC Mode to Mobile Mode and then switch it back to RC Mode ? Does it still keep RC connection configuration and linked together automatically ?
In my case, the Spark always losts "paired configuration" with RC after that and I have to redo "linking" procedure outdoor  (mine cannot link together indoor).
2017-7-12
Use props
Vincka
lvl.1
Luxembourg

I have not tried to switch to Mobile Mode and vice-versa. By pushing and holding Spark Power button during 6 seconds (2 bips) ?

I'll make more tests next week, including answer "OK" to the popup "Your aircraft if flying in different country/region. Aircraft will reset its WLAN saettings in accordance with local regulations. Please connect later.
Cancel / OK"
and validate this step is exactly that break link between RC and Spark.
This evening I'll try to connect RC to Mobile using OTG cable instead of Wi-Fi and check wether I see a difference or not.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansc1863245
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33675 ft
United States

Hi all,

-> 2. Delete registered Wi-Fi for Remote Controller AND Spark

This is an important step and I can confirm that his will reset the "WiFi Region" pop-up if, like me, you have accidentally clicked okay.  My spark is now locked back at 2.4G and Links better (certainly far from perfect) than when 5.8G was enabled.  I am really hoping DJI releases a firmware update to fix 5.8G.
2017-7-13
Use props
Toutia
New
Netherlands

Try to remove your micro SD.
this resolved a similar linking problem for me
I had a new Samsung evo 64 card installed when removed all problems vanished completely. Afterwards tried installing an old Samsung 64 pro no problems at all.
Back to the evo back in disorder.
So even when your not using your camera an sd card can break your linking
Thanks to Herman from dronekenner.nl who kept me going with quote "3 pieces of high tech communicating whit each other just a minor blink can obstruct the process"
Hope this works for you all....
2017-7-14
Use props
HamdiR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70262 ft
Lebanon

i am done! i've received the controller yesterday and ive been trying everything on the thread to get it to bind, nothing worked

downgrade, outdoor, binding phone to remote first, nothing the spark just doesn't want to bind to the damn remote

after suffering weeks from the terrible smartphone connection, i am done with this struggling drone, DJI should feel ashamed for releasing this product in such a mess, if they had any ethics they should recall them all
2017-7-21
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

Im having exaclty same problem. After pressing OK on WLAN regional setting, lost link with RC and now cannot relink
2017-7-21
Use props
fans57a5f2ea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12628 ft
Germany

Just solved it for me. The key was recalibrating the controller Inside the app. After that i am able to connect rc and spark like before!
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I had trouble like this i noticed connecting rc wifi solved it for me i was using otg . Once I connected to WiFi once I turned it back off and still continue to use the otg now it is fine I do not get the pop up
2017-7-30
Use props
fansd200c3ca
lvl.1
France

I bought 3 ( yes that's right, 3 ) Sparks - 2 of which were combos and 1 without an RC.
1 of the combo sparks came connected with the RC and flew perfectly till I updated my firmware.
1 of the combo sparks came UNconnected with the RC so I never was able to fly it with the RC.
1 of the sparks flew on wifi.

Now I'm trying to link my RC to the sparks and I have tried everything but I can't get it to work. I even purchased 2 separate controllers to link them but those didn't work either.

Now I'm stuck with 3 Sparks and 5 controllers not being able to link any controller to any spark.

I contacted DJI support and was with them for 3 hours and 20 minutes and I tried everything. Resetting, downgrading, upgrading firmware, on all drones and remotes and every single permutation for them all and still nothing.

I am truly and deeply disappointed by DJI. I asked DJI to refund my sparks and they said it was out of the 7 day window so all they could do was to repair my drones.

I am so frustrated by this entire situation. Any help or advice would be a great help, PLEASE !!!!

2017-7-31
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

So you have 5 controllers? Then you must not be doing it right if you want you can message me later I will try to help you have you tried holding the power button on the back of the quadcopter till you hear one beep then hitting the three button combo on the remote until you get the green solid light?
2017-7-31
Use props
fansd200c3ca
lvl.1
Lebanon

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-31 01:29
So you have 5 controllers? Then you must not be doing it right if you want you can message me later I will try to help you have you tried holding the power button on the back of the quadcopter till you hear one beep then hitting the three button combo on the remote until you get the green solid light?

Thank you - yes of course I have and every other combination thereafter.

I have tried with all my RCs - I have downgraded and upgraded the firmware as told; first the drone then the RC; still nothing.

I'm getting desperate.

I hate this and I don't think it's fair at al. I might file a complaint with the BBB stating DJI has not been able to fix a faulty product and won't reimburse me for my 3 drones.

2017-7-31
Use props
fansab7d98f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7753 ft
United States

Becarefull my Spark never came back after my controller disconnected 7/2/17 it was only the 12th flight. And of course DJI is not at fault and won't let my use DJI Care Refresh. I don't know why DJI offers it if most people can't use it. They just offered 30% off and I can't afford to buy one. Thanks a bunch DJI you really take great care of your customers
2017-7-31
Use props
salukidiaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1886 ft
United States

salukidiaz Posted at 2017-6-30 10:43
Spent the morning doing some more troubleshooting and the issue appears to be my remote control (rather than the drone itself), as the wifi via tablet/phone works fine.  As soon as they send me the shipping label I will be returning the remote.  We shall see what happens after that.

Following up on my previous post, I received the drone/RC back from DJI repair (confirmed it was the same units as serial numbers match). No description as to what the repairs were. They were firmware downgraded to .300 on the drone and .100 on the RC.  Both worked without issue out of the box, and I was hesitant to do any firmware upgrades fearing the previous issues might return. I have been flying a couple times a day over the last week, and have yet to have any further problems.  About a week ago, I upgraded the firmware from .300 to .500 on the drone, and everything seems to be working well.  I upgraded the RC today to the latest .207 (?) and it is working fine.  So I really wish I knew what they did to fix the problem, but I have to hand it to DJI, that the issue does seem to be resolved.
2017-7-31
Use props
fansd200c3ca
lvl.1
Lebanon

.207 ??? That’s strange - where did the 7 come from ? I just have .200 ... how did you upgrade the remote firmware ???
2017-8-1
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38232 ft
United States

salukidiaz Posted at 2017-7-31 11:12
Following up on my previous post, I received the drone/RC back from DJI repair (confirmed it was the same units as serial numbers match). No description as to what the repairs were. They were firmware downgraded to .300 on the drone and .100 on the RC.  Both worked without issue out of the box, and I was hesitant to do any firmware upgrades fearing the previous issues might return. I have been flying a couple times a day over the last week, and have yet to have any further problems.  About a week ago, I upgraded the firmware from .300 to .500 on the drone, and everything seems to be working well.  I upgraded the RC today to the latest .207 (?) and it is working fine.  So I really wish I knew what they did to fix the problem, but I have to hand it to DJI, that the issue does seem to be resolved.

Hi, how can I check which version my RC is using and were you able to downgrade RC Firmware?  I suspect my  RC is causing a " Signal Interference Detection" warning and my screen goes blank.  I have reset and re-calibrated everything on spark to resolve the issue but cant trouble shoot the RC because " supposedly" the RC cant be down- graded.  I want to try everything before im forced to Refresh my drone.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans41871852
New
Lebanon

salukidiaz Posted at 2017-7-31 11:12

Hi from where u get 0207 rc firmware the latest one is .300
2017-8-1
Use props
fans41871852
New
Lebanon

Hi
I have a bog problem after latest update
Ac .0500
Rc.0300
the  ac stop linking rc at all i try all the way and many times and nothing happen i contact the dji support online for about 4hours and still not linking
Any new idea.
By the way i have 2 friend had same problem
2017-8-1
Use props
Borat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127487 ft
France

Hi all,

Hi,

I will try your solution but i have one question:

1. Reset to factory default both the Spark and the Remote Controller (Push and hold power button more than 9 seconds then release)

How do you reset to factory the remote controller? (couldn't find anything about it in the manual)

TY
2017-8-3
Use props
Stephane 2flore
New
France

Jet_Lightning Posted at 2017-6-19 10:40
I'm having exactly the same problem, been trying to link the RC and Spark for two days.  The Spark just times out during the linking procedure.  very dissatisfied with the whole thing :-(

Exactly the same problem here ... very disapointed and frustated by this situation. I can't find any help to reset the remote controller and try to connect to the spark drone.
2017-8-7
Use props
Painkillerx
New
Flight distance : 3704 ft
Ukraine

I have the same problem with Dji Spark Combo. Please help me!
2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_LNrofKK
New
Flight distance : 1860 ft
Lebanon

This is so sad!
Dji should figure out a solution for this really soon. This is going out of hand on all the forums.
I've tried everything in the past 8 hours and this just keeps getting more depressing.
Anyone out there who found a solution,
Please Help.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans2137cb65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_LNrofKK Posted at 2017-8-7 14:16
This is so sad!
Dji should figure out a solution for this really soon. This is going out of hand on all the forums.
I've tried everything in the past 8 hours and this just keeps getting more depressing.

Yes same problem here.. Could not see the controller from my phone's wifi.   Also could not connect rc to drone. Tried everything.  Just sent it back for repair.  Pretty sure it was caused by a failed firmware update on the RC (stopped at 99%)  My first drone and waited for weeks as it was purchased for me as a present. Sort it out DJI!
2017-8-7
Use props
Painkillerx
New
Flight distance : 3704 ft
Ukraine

Borat Posted at 2017-8-3 07:27
Hi,

I will try your solution but i have one question:

Remote control reset at the same like Spark, hold power button 9 sec at the end you hear bip. Than reload RC and Spark, turn on again and link spark with RC.   It work for me
2017-8-8
Use props
joemagrino
New
United States

fans2137cb65 Posted at 2017-8-7 14:38
Yes same problem here.. Could not see the controller from my phone's wifi.   Also could not connect rc to drone. Tried everything.  Just sent it back for repair.  Pretty sure it was caused by a failed firmware update on the RC (stopped at 99%)  My first drone and waited for weeks as it was purchased for me as a present. Sort it out DJI!

This is EXACTLY what happened to me. Got my Fly More Combo last week. The remote controller had a green light since it was already paired. My phone was able to see the remote controller wifi only, which confused, but I learned later it was because after it is paired, you're only supposed to see the RC. After I connected to the RC wifi, I launched the DJI app and it wanted to upgrade the firmware. Of course I said yes, but it only completed up to 99%, like yours. After the RC was dead. I power it on and the light is just flashing red. I have tried everything I have read on several forums. I can't get the RC into any sort of linking mode, no green light or beeping at all. I was there was a way to Factory Reset or Downgrade the RC through DJI Assitant.
2017-8-8
Use props
Hady Esta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55627 ft
Lebanon

Same here
No luck with the binding process
Spark is a waste of time and energy
I did a huge mistake buying such a crap to enjoy with my family
Sorry dji but I am disappointed again
First was the M600 pro
Now it's the spark
2017-8-8
Use props
Warmech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453104 ft
Ukraine

Hi All
I have this trouble too. I'm trying all instructions. Standard link method in room without GPS or mobile signal. Trying to do this outside, with good GPS signal. Trying latest firmwares for RC and AC, Trying with previous releases for both.
Connect from mobile or Ipad to RC and AC is Ok and stable.
The result in all attempts - unsuccessful.
What I'm doing wrong? And what I can do to fix this issue?
2017-8-9
Use props
Warmech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453104 ft
Ukraine

Warmech Posted at 2017-8-9 03:34
Hi All
I have this trouble too. I'm trying all instructions. Standard link method in room without GPS or mobile signal. Trying to do this outside, with good GPS signal. Trying latest firmwares for RC and AC, Trying with previous releases for both.
Connect from mobile or Ipad to RC and AC is Ok and stable.

Yesterday im visit local DJI service center.
And...  I learned the magic sequence for pairing.
1. Turn on both devices
2. Make reset for drone (push power on to 9 seconds until 3 beep)
3. Make reset for RC (push power on to 9 seconds until device beeping few times)
4. Power off then power on both devices
5. Turn on link mode on RC (3 buttons)
6. Turn link mode on drone

This work for me
The service engineer told me that they ran into this problem as soon as the spark supplies began. He said that it is important to observe exactly this sequence of actions. And it really worked. I checked several times.
2017-8-9
Use props
ytorbyk
New
Ukraine

Warmech Posted at 2017-8-9 21:39
Yesterday im visit local DJI service center.
And...  I learned the magic sequence for pairing.
1. Turn on both devices

Yes, I was told to do these steps and it helped me.
However only when I downgraded controller firmware to previous one.
Now it works will see how it will be
2017-8-12
Use props
Koshen_Bz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11877 ft
Ukraine

ytorbyk Posted at 2017-8-12 01:50
Yes, I was told to do these steps and it helped me.
However only when I downgraded controller firmware to previous one.
Now it works  will see how it will be

Hi there!

How did you downgraded RC firmware? Have same issue
2017-8-12
Use props
ytorbyk
New
Ukraine

Koshen_Bz Posted at 2017-8-12 03:46
Hi there!

How did you downgraded RC firmware? Have same issue

In order to refresh/downgrade/upgrade firmware on RC do next:
- turn on RC
- open DJI Go 4 app and connect to the RC
- tab and hold for 5-7 sec. icon on right top conner (three lines)
- release the icon

You will see current firmware, when you tap on it you will see all available firmwares and you will able to choose.
2017-8-12
Use props
BigPappa
New
Flight distance : 4508 ft
Singapore

Tommy Vu Posted at 2017-7-10 21:58
I think I found a solution for fixing this problem:
1) Bring DJI Spark outdoor and Power On. This is a very important step.
2) Connect smartphone with Spark.

This helped a lot thanks!
2017-8-13
Use props
BigPappa
New
Flight distance : 4508 ft
Singapore

I suffered through this out of the box. I like read the comments above from Tommy Vu and found them the most helpful.
I think what I notice that is different is that out of the box... the two were linked and the there was only one wifi option showing - the controller.
After I went through the firmware updates the linking failed miserably and I had all the problems mentioned above.

Finally I opted to:

1: Factory reset.
2: Log into the drone direct via Go4 on the mobile.
3. Confirm it was responsive to flying commands (no props on).
4. Then I went through the relinking process.
5. The two linked successfully and I then upgraded the firmware.
6. Took it out to fly.

Feeling much better about things after a good few days of frustration.

2017-8-13
Use props
Koshen_Bz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11877 ft
Ukraine

ytorbyk Posted at 2017-8-12 10:01
In order to refresh/downgrade/upgrade firmware on RC do next:
- turn on RC
- open DJI Go 4 app and connect to the RC

Thanks! I will try!

Is there new solution of our problem? Really can't pair Spark and RC, I tried EVERY method!
2017-8-13
Use props
ashmanz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6398 ft
Lebanon

Hi everyone,

Anyone figure out what to do here? I never got to link the Spark with its remote since I got them. I tried to toggle around with the 'no-fly zone' as some suggested but the failed. Then I tried to run it outside with 14 satellites connected when using my phone to record RTH point and then try linking it to remote, guess what,  it failed. I tried removing the battery and re-inserting it, default factory settings, reset WiFi on both devises and it still won't link. My phone can see both SSID's for the Spark and RC but not the Spark and RC together apperentely.

Any other ideas? I'm sure its not a hardware issue so I'm hoping someone figures out something  that could work or DJI releases a patch soon as it seems this is one of the most viewed and active threads on the Spark going on from June..
2017-8-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules