Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.
2146012299 2146012299 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KocheroFF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1748133 ft
Russia

iPad 3 mini + P3P = mobile cpu...
All new fw on all device...

Wth?!!!
2017-8-29
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just upgraded my iPad mini 2 to a new mini 4 as I was getting the same error message on my Inspire 1 Pro. I powered it up today for the first time and immediately got this error message :-(.
2017-8-29
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Mullheliflier Posted at 2017-8-29 05:12
I just upgraded my iPad mini 2 to a new mini 4 as I was getting the same error message on my Inspire 1 Pro. I powered it up today for the first time and immediately got this error message :-(.

Yea we bought an iPad mini 4 specifically for the Inspire 2. And we are lucky if it lasts more than a couple minutes before overheating and becoming unusable for any legit purposes.

I don't know if it is the new firmware in the Inspire 2 or RC, or the app, but this thing is a disaster now. I feel a bit of buyer's remorse for this iPad, since I can't use it for flying anymore.

Was there somewhere that has a list of system requirements for the tablet or phone that is to be connected to the remote for DJI GO 4 that I missed? I would have been totally sure that this iPad mini 4 had enough juice to deal with flying ...
2017-8-29
Use props
fans36a77008
New
Flight distance : 16 ft
Spain

Hello from Spain. Inspire 1.  Same problem and no solution. DJI solution Now please. You have many clients affected and their products are very expensive to not give solution.

Thank you
2017-9-3
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fans36a77008 Posted at 2017-9-3 02:20
Hello from Spain. Inspire 1.  Same problem and no solution. DJI solution Now please. You have many clients affected and their products are very expensive to not give solution.

Thank you

What mobile device are you using?

We have iPad mini 4 and also iPhone 6 right now. Both have problems.
2017-9-4
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Running I2 with latest firmware. One time, 2 firmware versions ago, I had a warning message, but, it has not recurred. I've installed a 3rd party app to monitor my CPU and memory usage with my iPad mini4. Even whilst recording video, CPU runs no more than 50%, an occasional peak to 90% that comes and goes, quickly. Memory is always down around 30%, with 128 gig capacity on my mini4. I'd be curious to know what kind of CPU and/or memory usage figures are being seen by those experiencing issues.
TIA
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-9-4 12:46
Running I2 with latest firmware. One time, 2 firmware versions ago, I had a warning message, but, it has not recurred. I've installed a 3rd party app to monitor my CPU and memory usage with my iPad mini4. Even whilst recording video, CPU runs no more than 50%, an occasional peak to 90% that comes and goes, quickly. Memory is always down around 30%, with 128 gig capacity on my mini4. I'd be curious to know what kind of CPU and/or memory usage figures are being seen by those experiencing issues.
TIA

Hey there raven,

Ours is also iPad mini 4 with 128GB.

I really don't recall how often we had seen errors related to mobile device performance previously. But definitely it was not enough to make me raise an eyebrow.

Now, it's pretty much instantaneous warnings and shortly thereafter followed by completely unusable video feed.

Do you fly where it is super cool and not humid? I don't think that really could make the difference, but I mean it is summertime where we are at, and I'd say the average temperature through the time we've had issues has been about 96ºF.
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-9-4 12:46
TIA

What app do you use to monitor your resources with? I'd like to try it.
2017-9-4
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-4 13:42
What app do you use to monitor your resources with? I'd like to try it.

It's been running about 85 degF, here, and very low humidity. I'm also at 7000ft, so the air is thinner so cooling isn't as good as sea level. I have a Hoodman shading the display on the iPad. I'm monitoring my mini4 load with NETWORK ANALYZER PRO. Both the analyzer and the DPI app run at the same time and I switch back and forth by double clicking the main ipad button. I, also, tried Litchi and it uses about the same level of resources as Go4.
2017-9-4
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-9-4 14:52
It's been running about 85 degF, here, and very low humidity. I'm also at 7000ft, so the air is thinner so cooling isn't as good as sea level. I have a Hoodman shading the display on the iPad. I'm monitoring my mini4 load with NETWORK ANALYZER PRO. Both the analyzer and the DPI app run at the same time and I switch back and forth by double clicking the main ipad button. I, also, tried Litchi and it uses about the same level of resources as Go4.

Huh ... well good to hear your resources are ok. I'm gonna try that out as well. Thanks for the info!
2017-9-4
Use props
Zensei
New

United States

Same issue over here as well.
Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related Performance will be affected.

iPad Air with 128MB
32 MB Free
No Other Apps Running
All DJI Equipment has the Latest Firmware Updates

2017-9-5
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Zensei Posted at 2017-9-5 04:56
Same issue over here as well.
Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related Performance will be affected.

Do you get video feed issues? Such as green/black freezing, garbled image, and slow/laggy frames?

Or only the warning?
2017-9-5
Use props
Zensei
New

United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-5 05:32
Do you get video feed issues? Such as green/black freezing, garbled image, and slow/laggy frames?

Or only the warning?

Yes, Video issues as well.
2017-9-5
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Zensei Posted at 2017-9-5 05:45
Yes, Video issues as well.

Prior to updating, everything was good for you?

Over here, on the previous version, our performance (for aircraft, RC and iPad) was great. After the update ... My goodness, what a disaster.
2017-9-6
Use props
greg.k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2633698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-6 08:45
Prior to updating, everything was good for you?

Over here, on the previous version, our performance (for aircraft, RC and iPad) was great. After the update ... My goodness, what a disaster.

I am flying a P4P ... and having the same issues. What version of software was the most stable before this problem happened? My aircraft has been "in the shop" so its been a while since I have flown.

If it is helpful to anyone here, you can go back to an earlier IOS version using these instructions:

iosrollback

Once I get confirmation on what is a good version, I'll be doing that myself. The current version is unworkable for me.
2017-9-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Is this happening with the new iPad Pro 10.5?

Could be the "End-of-Life" for anything less.  My Air 2 is lagging out now too.  Mini's are out as they all seem powerless against the newest GO - or soon will be.  I doubt if DJI will go backwards in their quest for more power and thereby render cheaper/older devices worthless.  Their programmers are probably writing code on Cray Supercomputers thinking it will work on these small handhelds.  GO 4 has grown into a really big program now, maybe the largest on my measely and underpowered "Made in 2016" Air 2.

2017-9-13
Use props
Username12
New
United States

This is pathetic DJI.

Time to report to the FAA as a safety concern.

Report unsafe and unauthorized aviation activity - https://hotline.faa.gov/

Please do the same. It takes 10 min and the FAA allows your info can remain confidential.

I am a = Concerned Citizen or Member of the Aviation Community or Organization
What Are You Reporting = A possible violation of an FAA regulation, order or any other provision of Federal Law related to aviation safety or of the National Airspace System
Airline or Aviation Company = DJI
Responsible Party = DJI or Copy full company name.
Description: = Add you own with a link to this forum.
Your Contact Information = I request to remain confidential. My contact information will be provided to the personnel conducting an inquiry or investigation, but not released outside the FAA.
2017-9-16
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-13 07:51
Is this happening with the new iPad Pro 10.5?

Could be the "End-of-Life" for anything less.  My Air 2 is lagging out now too.  Mini's are out as they all seem powerless against the newest GO - or soon will be.  I doubt if DJI will go backwards in their quest for more power and thereby render cheaper/older devices worthless.  Their programmers are probably writing code on Cray Supercomputers thinking it will work on these small handhelds.  GO 4 has grown into a really big program now, maybe the largest on my measely and underpowered "Made in 2016" Air 2.

Let's wait for DJI to fix this horrible blunder. Believe me, it's going to happen.

Until then, @DJI ... You should really address this to your customers. Same as the others, I would really appreciate a formal acknowledgement.
2017-9-17
Use props
djiuser_q9Mp7pj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad Mini 2 - fresh factory reset with only DJI Go4 app.
We had a 90+ degree day here in N Indiana and got the issue for the first time today.

THIS IS DEF HEAT RELATED. I had a protective case on my iPad and it was struggling to cool down; when an Apple needs to cool down it slows the CPU core. Walla error.
Now the DJI Go App itself may need some optimizing but after the iPad cooled down (I took the case off and waited 30 minutes) I was able to run through 2 batteries with zero issues.

Check your temps.. I read through the ENTIRE thread and the things in common are
1. Apple devices, iPads 2,3,4 and iPhones
2. high heat was mentioned a few times.

I looked for an App to monitor the cpu core on an Apple device but did not find one.

NOTE: Later this evening DJI pushed a new firmware out when I went for another test flight. (9/21/2017 ~ around 8 PM EST is when I got it.)

2017-9-21
Use props
HawkHog
New
United States

djiuser_q9Mp7pj Posted at 2017-9-21 17:15
iPad Mini 2 - fresh factory reset with only DJI Go4 app.
We had a 90+ degree day here in N Indiana and got the issue for the first time today.

My iPad Mini 2 was sluggish 4 weeks ago here in Arizona at 107 degrees. When I held a cool pack against the back of the iPad the video came through smoothly.

Today at 90 degrees, after IOS 11 update and DJI firmware updates, it didn't help. I have a suspicion Apple changed some heat parameters at the same time as the DJI software draws more clock cycles. This may take a lot of effort to resolve...

The only good thing is that the video on the SD card is still perfect, but that doesn't help if you cannot navigate due to a choppy video screen.
2017-9-22
Use props
CaptainsVoyage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10948 ft
Norway

Same problem in Norway - latest iOS 11, iPHONE 6+ and iPAD PRO (both 128Gb), Mavic with current, latest software.

Every 10 seconds, a CPU is full warning comes.

Image transmission is jumping continuously and flight/aircraft becomes extremely unreliable as I do not have "real time information" anymore.

Where is the solution - I see this has been a problem for nearly half a year now. Perhaps next lifetime?

As stated, so many people have paid a LOT of money for their equipment - these issues should be dealt with immediately!
2017-9-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

GO 4 has gotten too big for its britches.  Time to cross off all Mini's and the Air 2 as well.  Only thing strong enough now is the new iPad Pro 9.7 A10X, or deal with video break-up which will occur eventually in smaller devices as GO continues to grow.

Wish DJI would clean up GO and get rid of the non-essentials like the Editor (Who uses it anyway over taking out the microSD card and working out editing on a full computer with Resolve, FCP, Premiere, Etc.?), Store sales, Notices, Forum link, Uplinks to social media sites, Music library, etc.,  It's just way too big as it is on my device at almost 1 GB in size now.  I don't think the handheld makers ever designed their stuff for such a huge program which shows no sign of being compressed to run more efficiently but getting patched with more add-ons.  It's no longer an "app," but more like software built for a desktop.

2017-9-23
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
United States

YEAH! Please kibosh the EDITOR
2017-9-23
Use props
CaptainsVoyage
lvl.1
Norway

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-23 08:13
GO 4 has gotten too big for its britches.  Time to cross off all Mini's and the Air 2 as well.  Only thing strong enough now is the new iPad Pro 9.7 A10X, or deal with video break-up which will occur eventually in smaller devices as GO continues to grow.

Wish DJI would clean up GO and get rid of the non-essentials like the Editor (Who uses it anyway over taking out the microSD card and working out editing on a full computer with Resolve, FCP, Premiere, Etc.?), Store sales, Notices, Forum link, Uplinks to social media sites, Music library, etc.,  It's just way too big as it is on my device at almost 1 GB in size now.  I don't think the handheld makers ever designed their stuff for such a huge program which shows no sign of being compressed to run more efficiently but getting patched with more add-ons.  It's no longer an "app," but more like software built for a desktop.

AGREE very much (hence capital letters).
2017-9-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Forum users who know me will agree that I'm not one to normally grumble....but.

Maybe this has been mentioned before (quite a large post, it's Sunday and I'm too lazy to read it all) but could DJI make all the non-crucial functions of the app into mini-apps that could be un/installed as and when the user needed them, this way everyone is happy. It is clear by the size of this and other social media posts that people are not happy with the current setup. The Go app at present is cumbersome, to say the least, unnecessarily bogged down with functions that few people are using.

DJI, it is time to cut the fat.

Mark G.
2017-9-24
Use props
CaptainsVoyage
lvl.1
Norway

Just checked my iPHONE 6+ and according to my phone, the app DJI GO 4 has a size of 322,1 MB.

But, attached to it, it has "documents and data" at a whopping 5,06 GB!

No other phone-app, and a very few desktop computer programs, swallows that much size. That's just bordering ridiculous!
2017-9-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

CaptainsVoyage Posted at 2017-9-24 06:31
Just checked my iPHONE 6+ and according to my phone, the app DJI GO 4 has a size of 322,1 MB.

But, attached to it, it has "documents and data" at a whopping 5,06 GB!

Are these file video from within the cache? If so, that is not so much of a big deal, you could easily clear this out.

Mark G.
2017-9-24
Use props
Nog
New
Flight distance : 156982 ft
United States

Nog Posted at 2017-8-28 14:59
After reading through this thread trying to solve the CPU overload problem that I have been experiencing with my Inspire 1 v2.0 on every Apple product our company owns (including fully loaded iPhone 7, iPad Mini 4, and iPad Pro 9.7 with max memory) I called DJI customer service to see what they had to say. I spoke with Mark, who told me to reinstall the app... This is obviously completely condescending, especially since it is doing the same thing on every device. The iPad Pro works the best, but still gives the warning sporadically. It seems that we are all pretty much at the mercy of DJI on this, and it sure leaves the consumer feeling like the producer does not care about their products or the experiences of the consumer.

I turned off cache features on my iPad Pro and it seems to have solved the problem. This includes "cache during video shooting, cache map in background, and enable hardware decoding." I haven't tried it on my other devices yet but did not get the CPU fully loaded message once since making these changes. I cannot view photos or videos in the DJI app after doing this but at least I can clearly see an image on the screen when I fly.
2017-9-24
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I have never used the editor or any bolt on of the Go4 App other than intelligent flight modes.

Please DJI cut everything apart from flight control and telemetry so we can fly smoothly and safely.  
2017-9-25
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HawkHog Posted at 2017-9-22 16:20
My iPad Mini 2 was sluggish 4 weeks ago here in Arizona at 107 degrees. When I held a cool pack against the back of the iPad the video came through smoothly.

Today at 90 degrees, after IOS 11 update and DJI firmware updates, it didn't help. I have a suspicion Apple changed some heat parameters at the same time as the DJI software draws more clock cycles. This may take a lot of effort to resolve...

I tested in the AC and went through 2 batteries; recording the whole time; no issues. Charged up the batteries and went outside (80 degrees)... not even 15 minutes and choppy pausing video. iPad mini 2; tweaked settings to minimize cpu... makes no diff.

Please fix this DJI!
2017-9-25
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just got off the phone with DJI support and the guy tried to tell me that the iPad Mini2 is not supported. I ripped him a new a$$ and told him to stop lying that it is supported and I get the same issues on the iPad Pro at work. He was literally ridiculous. I asked him to point me to the literature that shows me that the ipad mini2 is not supported and he could not. "The website has not been updated yet." *cough* BS *cough*

What is the deal here DJI?!?!? admit the problem is with Apple devices and Go 4 updates and FIX IT. good grief. I don't get this issue with my Android S5 and it works just fine with a case on it!

That was my first call to DJI support... and the guy lied to me and made excuses. REALLY? I am VERY tempted to return this Mavic to the store and get a different brand.  GRRRRRR.
2017-9-25
Use props
fanscc3e3037
lvl.2
Flight distance : 947339 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same issue here with iPad Mini and Inspire 2 after updating app. This better not be strategic to make us buy DJI's heavily overpriced CrystalSky.
2017-9-26
Use props
anason
New
United States

Mobile device CPU fully loaded using my trusty iPhone 5s.
Never had this problem until I was forced to sign in to DJI online before I could fly...

2017-9-27
Use props
Neal J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42956 ft
United States

Flew today with Air 2. 79 degrees and cloudy. 10 minutes in and video went to crap, recorded to ssd like that as well. Latest version on I2 and go4. I have a video shoot on 10/9 to show some potential clients why they should hire us. We are screwed now! (Of course I got the cpu overloaded message and the tablet overheated)
2017-10-1
Use props
massimo59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3776 ft
Italy

I found a strange workaraound, but some cross checks are in order:
Can someone try this (I have a Ph4 Pro and Ipad Mini 2):
- Open DJI go 4, and verify there is the hideous lag
- Close it (completely?)
- Open Altizure
- verify the streaming in the miniature window works smoothly
- Close Altizure (completely?)
- reopen Dji Go 4, and verify now video streaming is smooth

Massimo
2017-10-3
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

massimo59 Posted at 2017-10-3 11:35

This is interesting, I wonder if this would work with the Go app. I will have to try this with one of my older tablets.

Mark G.
2017-10-3
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

massimo59 Posted at 2017-10-3 11:35

What is Altizure?
2017-10-3
Use props
massimo59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3776 ft
Italy

It's a mapping app, to do photogrammetry with DJI drones.
2017-10-4
Use props
Heaven
lvl.1
Flight distance : 841391 ft
Brazil

I have a mini 4 ipad and never had problems in flight.
Today this warning appeared, and it seems to me referring to the video caching.

Mavic_warning.JPG
2017-10-4
Use props
info.jerrygladh
lvl.1
Sweden

Hey Dji!
3 months since you let that crappy FW hit us.
Some of us make a living in this business.
We all know its a FW issue, so stop the crap talk and fix a new one.
Your lack of capacity is a shame...
2017-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules