Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.
2146012299 2146012299 2017-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

The first post on this thread is Mid Jun 2017, time is flying except for those birds which are hit by FW issues. Oh well, just keep waiting patiently, it will come.
2017-10-5
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The overheat warning DJI have said is a feature, not a bug. I've read it in a thread here. My *guess* is that they want people to move to CrystalSky when they see they can't use their iPads or Android tablets.
2017-10-5
Use props
fansc44ffa6d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505988 ft
Germany

After this weeks GO4-Update (V4.1.12, 28. Sept. 2017) the overload-message finally disappeared from my iPad mini 2 WiFi 128GB. I had to struggle with it since early July.
2017-10-5
Use props
onaicul
New

Portugal

Hello Guys
I have the same problem, with iphone 6 Plus, lose signal, image goes all grenn, no memory card, black screnn... but when i tried  with  iphone 7 no problems all and woks fine...
I post a video with that on youtube with this title - DJI GO 4 Mobile device CPU fully loaded PROBLEM
. Any ideia now?
2017-10-6
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9f6601d1 Posted at 2017-6-19 07:38
I get the same message while flying using iPad mini 2. This problem just started happening 2 days ago right after I updated the firmware to the latest version. The iPad has more than 30 gigs of free space and is up to date. When I switched to using my iPhone 7, it worked perfectly and this message never appeared.

same exact thing just happened to me.  did you find a fix? i have nothing on my mini2 but the go4 app. worked fine till recently.
2017-10-7
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

xefudo Posted at 2017-6-19 14:05
Its true, after app update, I have same issue with two different mini 4. I think that is bug app. I have 80 flights before the update and never happen. after update happen all the time. I reinstall app and have two flights and never happen. I am wanting for more opinions.

any update on this? i had not used my ipad min in months. just broke it outthe other day and did some flight with no issues, then updated all my firmware and got this exact error.

2017-10-7
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-23 04:46
Hi guys, I have feedbacked this issue to our engineer, just to clarify, the DJI Go 4 you installed are all latest version V4.1.2, right? And what's your iOS version? Does Android device has this problem? Anyone had tried Android?

Mindy, was there a fix for this yet?

running os 11.1 on the ipad mini2 and getting this cpu error. have never had it till recently.
(also, on my iphone 7 plus, i am running current os and current go4 app.
it is locled up as soon as i pul in the cable. i have tried new cables and other options but as soon as i plug into my controller all touch screen capabilities freeze up. makes my go4 useless.

is there a fix about to come out?

i'm sorta gimped with the ipad now having a new error  and can't fly with my phone either.
going on a trip thursday and would sure love to bring the mavic with me.
2017-10-7
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1116814 ft
Australia

Also experienced this problem for the first time today during a shoot on a P4P - very frustrating.
sporadic video feed - occasional green image on screen and error message "Mobile device CPU fully loaded......"
Ipad Air 13/14 - running 11.0.2

Never had an issue before -  but did update ios and DJI Go4 a day or two ago.

Any answers yet?
2017-10-9
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I have the same issues on a Mavic with a iPad mini 4
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Hi All. It is just a tips when detecting current ios device cpu is fully occupied during last 10 seconds.

CPU fully loaded may happen when environment temperature is high, mobile device cpu capability is insufficient(e.x. pad mini2&3 ),
which may lead to liveview lossframe or  live view glitching.

For those having good experience in using the old mobile device , plz feel free to fly the drone because this tips is just a monitor message. No firmware or software issues are related.

2017-10-11
Use props
massimo59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3776 ft
Italy

Problem is I have the warnings (also zone disclaimer) keeping on popping up messing things, and the biggest issue is everything worked perfectly fine before on the same tablet..
Massimo
2017-10-12
Use props
ChrisMPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1116814 ft
Australia

Problem with the app seems to to be worse - flew yesterday with choppy video feed and  the green screen?
App also crashed a couple times while flying but still had complete control of the P4P and could at least RTH
I cleared the video cache and all other apps and the iPad was definitely not overheating, but still the same problem?
I am convinced this may be a an iOS 11 incompatibility as I have never had a problem until I did the update a couple days back.
2017-10-12
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

ChrisMPhoto Posted at 2017-10-12 15:54
Problem with the app seems to to be worse - flew yesterday with choppy video feed and  the green screen?
App also crashed a couple times while flying but still had complete control of the P4P and could at least RTH
I cleared the video cache and all other apps and the iPad was definitely not overheating, but still the same problem?

Using an ipad mini 2 with our Inspire 2. We did not updated Go 4  since 4.1.3 and .240 fw on bird. Haven´t had any "cpu fully loaded" issue...
2017-10-12
Use props
RocketBrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9681073 ft
  • >>>
United States

RocketBrew Posted at 2017-7-7 07:20
I went all last summer with my P3P's and iPad Mini 4 with no issues. With the P4Pro, GO 4 and the same iPad Mini 4, it began having problems once the temps got into the 90's, and is unusable over 100 (everyday here). My wife's iPad Pro 9.7 works fine.
This is how I have to operate, after putting the iPad in the fridge first..

This continues to be a huge problem for me. I now frequently operate from inside the truck with the RC/iPad held up to the AC vent (so now I am spending more in gas to keep the truck running) so I include positioning the truck for line of sight while parking as part of my site setup.

My P4P just came back from DJI Repair as a new aircraft, and the problem has not changed, except I now get "Aircraft Encoder Error Solution: Please restart aircraft, if the problem persists, contact DJI Support". Their solution is the send it back for repair (?a new aircraft just received back from repair?)
2017-10-13_13-53-10.png
2017-10-13
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Really sorry to hear that, another month passed. Hope it will see light end of the tunnel soon. So it seems this is only related to IOS users. Android users are spared.
2017-10-13
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone having this issue on a NON-IPAD something like Samsung - Galaxy Tab S2 - 8"???  is it only iPAD?
2017-10-13
Use props
fans932dbc25
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392608 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got my inspire 2 and am using it with a iPad mini 4 [128 GB only one app  Running]. I use it primarily for shooting stills. I shoot raw. [No cache running 720 P video feed]

After a couple of shots the app freezes. I did not know what was going on and I will have to say that happening on my first flight was quite scary.

I have all the latest updates.

This never happened with my Mavic pro!

What operations overload the CPU, flying or shooting stills?
2017-10-15
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

fans932dbc25 Posted at 2017-10-15 16:40
Just got my inspire 2 and am using it with a iPad mini 4 [128 GB only one app  Running]. I use it primarily for shooting stills. I shoot raw. [No cache running 720 P video feed]

After a couple of shots the app freezes. I did not know what was going on and I will have to say that happening on my first flight was quite scary.

The best solution is to ask your seller to go through the problem you have. They should be able to fix it for you easily. Failing that you may have to check it out with DJI Support.
2017-10-15
Use props
Pavel Vasylenko
New
Flight distance : 36407 ft
Ukraine

My solution to this problem.
2017-10-17
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

So your using a screen to display the video from HDMI and this plays smoothly with no interruptions to the app?
2017-10-17
Use props
Pavel Vasylenko
New
Ukraine

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-10-17 11:12
So your using a screen to display the video from HDMI and this plays smoothly with no interruptions to the app?

There is a slight difference in shutter speed, but this solves the problem with the phone's processor overload.
2017-10-17
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Pavel Vasylenko Posted at 2017-10-17 11:37
There is a slight difference in shutter speed, but this solves the problem with the phone's processor overload.

Would DJI recommend this solution?
2017-10-17
Use props
oleknz
New
United States

I have P4P and after updating the app and iPad mini 2 to latest versions i get this annoying CPU overload message, and not only that:  the app crashes every time only few seconds after take off.
It crashes without take-off too.
I used the drone and iPad mini for months without issues, until this update. The video breaks off, goes green and crashes. It's pretty useless right now.

2017-10-17
Use props
Pavel Vasylenko
New
Ukraine

DTK Posted at 2017-10-17 18:01
Would DJI recommend this solution?

I do not know, but today I flew successfully! No hint of lag! I recommend this decision!
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

we will make the warning tips less frequent in following app release.
E.x. show at most once in 5 minutes
2017-10-18
Use props
Pavel Vasylenko
New
Ukraine

DJI iOS Team Posted at 2017-10-18 01:06
we will make the warning tips less frequent in following app release.
E.x. show at most once in 5 minutes

This is probably a joke ...? The phone worked fine, and after the upgrade it stopped. This not normal? People on YouTube compare how it works on different devices, and it's obvious that it's done with intent. We have to buy new phones that would fly. Sorry, but this is not normal.
2017-10-18
Use props
onaicul
New

Portugal

PilotSmith Posted at 2017-10-13 21:21
Is anyone having this issue on a NON-IPAD something like Samsung - Galaxy Tab S2 - 8"???  is it only iPAD?

i trted on iphone 7 , no problems, but in my iphon 6 plus , the problem persists, CPU FULLY LOADED ....
2017-10-18
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

For short, close flights, I still use the iPad Air that I've used since the beginning of the year when we first got our Inspire 2.  However, for longer flights with a need for longer range, I use my boss's personal, brand new iPad Pro.  Even with that one, I still experienced video freeze at a 1/2 mile out on a recent shoot up in Oklahoma in the middle of nowhere.
2017-10-18
Use props
RPIvers
New
Flight distance : 27090 ft
United States

Same trouble here but after I upgraded IPAD 2 Mini to IOS 11.  Android Samsung phone works perfect.  Even the IPAD 2 Mini works if you let it settle after turning it on for a while (10 mins or so...) I suspect IOS 11 bloatware activity.
2017-10-18
Use props
RPIvers
New
Flight distance : 27090 ft
United States

I also tried an IPAD Mini 4 with IOS 10 - no issues.
2017-10-18
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

You can add me to the list of people seeing this message. I'm using the iPad Mini 2 and I got this message for the first time yesterday (10/19). I've been flying since 2/17. When I first flew my Iw I was so impressed with it that I immediately purchased a second one for a back-up, figuring I'd crash the first one eventually.  I've stored the second one since receiving it in 2/17 without ever opening the shipping carton.  I guess that means it is several firmware versions behind my first I2.  
2017-10-20
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I'd keep it that way..
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

onaicul Posted at 2017-10-18 07:39
i trted on iphone 7 , no problems, but in my iphon 6 plus , the problem persists, CPU FULLY LOADED ....

It may caused by the cache files in your i6. Please clear it and avoid overheated your device.
2017-10-21
Use props
everimages
New
Flight distance : 5902 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-6-22 16:57
You seems to be right, "Enable Hardware decoding" is no longer available in new app (4.1.2) that would make a huge difference and could be the reason.

Well spotted!

Can I turn off Enable Hardware Decoding without issues?
2017-10-22
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

everimages Posted at 2017-10-22 11:01

If you have the option in the app you can turn it off, I personally have never had an issue with having it on but rather had better performance on then off. My understanding is that in newer apps this option to turn on/off, is no longer available and on by default.
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

everimages Posted at 2017-10-22 11:01

Enable Hardware Decoding definitely has better performance.

Old version DJI GO keeps the option because Apple had gpu decoding bugs in ios 7&8.
Apple fixed the  bug since ios 9, so recent ios DJI Go remove the option to reach better performance.

2017-10-24
Use props
Johanncerecke
New
Flight distance : 52930 ft
Australia

I’ve been having the same issue. On app 4.1.14 on iPhone 6+ and Mavic Pro with up to date firmware.
I get the error and my screen starts to lag.
A couple of times the app has crashed and I’ve had to reload the app, one time with my mavic out over the ocean with me unable to see which way it was facing. Scary stuff.
I’m going to try to delete the app and re download, but I suspect there is a deeper issue related to ios11 that the DJI engineers have been having trouble rectifying.
2017-10-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Johanncerecke Posted at 2017-10-26 03:29
I’ve been having the same issue. On app 4.1.14 on iPhone 6+ and Mavic Pro with up to date firmware.
I get the error and my screen starts to lag.
A couple of times the app has crashed and I’ve had to reload the app, one time with my mavic out over the ocean with me unable to see which way it was facing. Scary stuff.

This issue started way before the release of iOS 11.
2017-10-26
Use props
Johanncerecke
New
Flight distance : 52930 ft
Australia

Blackwood Posted at 2017-10-26 08:49
This issue started way before the release of iOS 11.

True.
I guess I only noticed it around the time ios11 came out, but I’m not sure exactly when it started happening.
Considering buying an android ph to see if it helps.
2017-10-26
Use props
tcjdrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333179 ft
United States

Do you guys have recommendations for a device similar in size to the iPad Mini that is relatively reliable with the Go App these days? I picked up a Mini 4 for a shoot I have next week, to replace my previous Mini that couldn't handle the app upgrades, and the Mini 4 isn't cutting it. Bummer that you can't just run the USB cable into a MacBook Pro and use the MBP as the primary device for the Go App.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules